The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > The best of Thailand

Notices

The best of Thailand Serving your Thai Business & Holiday Needs. All Singaporeans in Thailand sign in to show your support and bring your Thai "friends" with you for stuff you can't discuss on Facebook! :)
ประเทศไทยต้อนรับคุณ!

User Tag List

Old 29-04-2021, 10:31 AM
Veteran Samster

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3448 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 108296 / Power: 162
Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Food glorious food! Thailand

Thip Samai – Bangkok’s Best Pad Thai

Address: 313 Th Maha Chai, Banglamphu (the original Thip Samai restaurant), close to the Democracy Monument, Wat Saket/ Golden Mountain, and The Giant Swing.
How to get there: It is easiest to take a taxi or tuk-tuk or use the app GRAB.
Opening hours: 10:00 am – 01:00 am every day.

The small restaurant Thip Samai apparently has the best Pad Thai in Bangkok! Not bad considering that they sell Pad Thai EVERYWHERE in this city 🙂 . So we had high expectations about this Pad Thai, and it did not disappoint!

So is it the best in Bangkok? Impossible to say, but we have eaten a lot of Pad Thais over the years, and this one is seriously delicious!

We usually have one “Superb Pad Thai with small prawns wrapped with egg” (90 Baht = US$ 2,70) and one “Pad Thai Song-Kreung with fresh deep-sea prawns, crabmeat, sliced squid, and sliced mango with noodle” (300 Baht = US$ 9).

Thip Samai also has the most amazing orange juice I have ever tasted! It was so fresh and full of flavor! I could just feel its healthfulness as I was drinking it, filling me up with vitamin C. So if you go here, make sure to order the orange juice and not just another Singha (which you can buy everywhere in Thailand).

The first time we ate Pad Thai at Thip Samai was on a Night Tour with Tuk-Tuk, which you can read about here. We have been back several times after that! 🙂

Thip Samai has become very popular, and for a good reason, as their Pad Thai is fantastic. They now have six restaurants in Bangkok, and you can find Thip Samai in the shopping malls Icon Siam (6th floor) and Siam Paragon (G floor, Paragon Food Hall).

ONE MAN'S MEAT IS ANOTHER'S POISON

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Bros with rep power are welcome to exchange 162 points daily
Old 02-05-2021, 02:55 PM
Veteran Samster

Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute

On Lok Yun

Address: 72 Charoen Krung Road, Talat Noi, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100
MRT Sam Yot (3 mins walk)
Opening hours: Daily: 5am – 4pm

On Lok Yun, an old-school coffee-shop which has been around for close to 80 years, is gaining popularity among Singaporeans.

Everything here is so traditional, from the decor to the food. It seems like time has paused for a moment here. On Lok Yun is popular with locals who come here for some traditionally good breakfast: coffee and bread.

All Day Breakfast – Not exactly cheap for this (90฿) and it’s quite oily. It includes egg, ham, sausage and chinese sausage. Good to try once but not something I would come back for.

Egg Custard Bread (with Kaya) – If there’s only one thing to order here, this will be it! The soft white bread is dipped in kaya custard with evaporated milk. Oh my, so delicious!

Bread with Butter and Sugar – I really wonder how the Thais make bread taste so good. This is a must order. The bread is crispy on the outside yet soft on the inside.

French Toast – Different from what we usually have but again I found it too oily.

The kaya is so good that we wanted to bring it back to Singapore. However, we did not because it can only last for 2 days .

If you are searching for this place on Google Maps, I suggest you to key in “On Lok Yun” to get the correct location. Don’t trying typing the address in as it might point you to the wrong place.

On Lok Yun is nearer to “Phra Nakhon” side, where you can find Grand Palace, Thipsamai Pad Thai and Khao San.

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Old 06-05-2021, 10:38 AM
Veteran Samster

[Bangkok] Ong Tong Khao Soi

Address: 21 Phahon Yothin Soi 7
How to get there: Via BTS: Ari (Exit 3)
Opening Daily: 10:30am – 9pm

Enjoy Chiang Mai’s popular Khao Soi in Bangkok.

You no longer have to fly to Chiang Mai for authentic Khao Soi because the people behind Chiang Mai’s Ong Tong noodle shop have opened a shop in Bangkok. Located in Ari district, it’s just a short walk from BTS Ari, along Phahon Yothin Soi 7. For those who are wondering what’s Khao Soi, it’s actually a very famous dish in the North. It’s quick similar to our curry noodles but their version comes with crispy noodles too. You just have to try this famous dish for yourselves.

Ong Tong Khao Soi can get very crowded during peak hours so you might have to queue. There are seatings both on the ground and upper level.

This is their original KhaoSoi with soup [from 79฿]. The soup is creamy and spicy but not sour. You can choose from Chicken, Pork or Beef and the most popular version is definitely the chicken, which comes in a drumstick.
Another popular item here is their Stir-Fried KhaoSoi with egg [from 89฿]. It’s actually quite delicious with a little of that “wok hei”.

If you are here with your friends, we recommend you to order each of the original Khaosoi with soup and perhaps the stir-fried version to share. The portions are actually quite small so you might even consider having both to complete your meal. They also have some other popular sides which you order to share.

Old 08-05-2021, 11:30 AM
Veteran Samster

เผ็ดมาร์ค (Phed Mark)

Address: 928 Sukhumvit Rd, Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110
How to get there: From Ekkamai BTS Station, take exit 3, go down the steps, make a u-turn, walk past the 7-11, and across the street to Phed Mark.
Opening Daily: 11am – 8pm
Phone: +66 83 893 8989

Easily one of the most popular and loved dishes throughout Thailand, pad kaprao (ผัดกะเพรา) is a combination of stir fried chilies, garlic, protein, and the most essential that distinguishes it from all other dishes - kaprao (holy basil in English).
Khun Tan (Thai food blogger and manager), Khun Pongthep (designer and actor), Chef Gigg (Chef and Iron Chef Champion), and Mark Wiens (food video blogger, full-time eater) - what we all love and what brought us together is Thai food.

One night in Bangkok, we were or course eating, and we started talking about where to eat the best pad kaprao in Bangkok. This is a very tough question, and we had different answers - like at the stir fry stall on the corner of the road next to my house, or for myself, my mother in law’s is the best, because I can order it to the spicy level I love it. But in the end, we all didn’t really know where.

That very night, we decided to open a restaurant, and a few hours later, Khun Tan had already come up with the name Phed Mark.

Old 08-05-2021, 05:33 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 199 / Power: 4
Veno is a Helpful and Caring SamsterVeno is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veno View Post
Just sharing a tourist place but also very nice place for padthai for local as well, as I was brought there by a local.

Thipsamai Padthai.

What's unique about this dish is that the pad thai is cover with a very creamy half cooked omelette. Ingredients are fresh and the noddle is bouncy and well cooked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naka_Timo View Post
Thip Samai – Bangkok’s Best Pad Thai

Address: 313 Th Maha Chai, Banglamphu (the original Thip Samai restaurant), close to the Democracy Monument, Wat Saket/ Golden Mountain, and The Giant Swing.
Opening hours: 10:00 am – 01:00 am every day.

Thanks for mentioning bro. This is my fav stall for Pad Thai.

I love the tender and tasty noodle with a buttery egg to go on top of the meal. Excellent choice!

Easily the best Padthai I have tried!
Old 10-05-2021, 07:06 PM
Veteran Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veno View Post
Thanks for mentioning bro. This is my fav stall for Pad Thai.

I love the tender and tasty noodle with a buttery egg to go on top of the meal. Excellent choice!

Easily the best Padthai I have tried!
555 ok. Phom Kid teng but still cannot go yet.

Old 10-05-2021, 07:14 PM
Veteran Samster

Guay Jub Ouan Pochana, Bangkok

Address: 408 Yaowarat Road, Khwaeng Chakkrawat, Khet Samphanthawong, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10100, Thailand
How to get there: 10 minutes’ walk from MRT Hua Lamphong station.
Tel: +66 86 508 9979
Opening Hours: 6pm – 3am (Mon – Sun)

Super Peppery Kway Chap At Yaowarat Chinatown, With Michelin Bib Gourmand

[Bangkok] Talk about Kway Chap in Bangkok, and “Guay Jub Ouan Pochana” or “Kway Chap Auon Pochana” which was awarded the Michelin Bib Gourmand is one of the most well-known names.

For Singaporeans, this name may sound so familiar. Guay Jub Ouan Pochana is located at Bangkok Chinatown’s most famous road, Yaowarat.

If you are lost, you can find the cart right in front of China Town Rama Cinema, teeming with a happy, bustling vibe.

This stall has been dishing up aromatic pork belly soup with traditional rolled noodles for more than 50 years.

For only 50 or 100 baht for a medium and large bowl respectively (SGD2.25, 5.50), you can enjoy a serving of these chewy yet tender noodles in a fragrant, hot and peppery broth.

Add an egg for 10 baht.

Given the number of people visiting this place, the staff have mastered efficiently pouring soup into bowls, or hurriedly seating you in the limited seats.

If you cannot sleep at night, Yaowarat Road is always somewhere you can explore.

Old 15-05-2021, 10:16 AM
Veteran Samster

Nhong Rim Klong (ร้าน หน่องริมคลอง)

Address: 30 Ekkamai 21 Alley, Khlong Tan Nuea, Bangkok 10110. Coordinate here
Opening hours: Mon-Fri, 8.30am to 4.30pm. (The busiest time is at noon, so avoid going down at this time to avoid long waiting times!)

Nhong Rim Klong may be small but it’s packed with big punches. What makes Nhong Rim Klong stand out is the quality of ingredients, the seafood is always fresh and the size of it is unbelievable.

If you don’t fancy crab, no worries, Nhong Rim Klong is considered an all-rounded food stall with a large variety of dishes available – and you can customise your order however you like. Nhong, the owner and the cook will make it happen for you.
Tip: This eatery is really popular, be prepared to queue for a table or wait for your food especially during the busy lunchtime. It could be as long as 2 hours, but it’s totally worth it.
Must-try: Kalam Plee Pad Nam Pla Kai Kon Pu (Crab Omelette over Cabbages fried with fish sauce), and Drunken Crab

Old 17-05-2021, 10:47 AM
Veteran Samster

Roong Rueng (ร้าน รุ่งเรืองก๋วยเตี๋ยว

Address: 10/3 Sukhumvit Soi 26, Khlong Toei, Bangkok. Coordinate here
Getting there: Roong Roeng is located in Sukhumvit Soi 26 alley about 200 meters from Sukhumvit Rd. (There’s ample free parking across the stall.)
Opening hours: Daily from 8.30am to 5pm
Price: USD $1.50 / 40 Baht

Bangkok’s famous Tom Yum Pork Noodles!
For the past 50 years, this food stall has been a lunch staple for office workers in Sukhumvit. (You can tell by the big crowd of well-dressed people queuing for a table during weekday lunch hour.)

Roong Rueng only serves Tom Yum Pork Noodles, but don’t worry, the combination of what you can order is beyond limit.

From different types of noodles (thin, flat, vermicelli, egg noodles, and wonton), to different soups (clear, spicy soup, or without soup) – there are also different add-ons, like poached pork, seasoned ground pork, fish ball, pig liver, pig small intestine. The noodles here are so good, you won’t be able to stop at 1 bowl.

They also have our personal favorite, crispy fish skin. If you haven’t tried it, you should!

Old 21-05-2021, 07:55 PM
Veteran Samster

Jae Ta – braised pork leg rice

Address: 25 Charoen Krung Rd, Pom Prap, Pom Prap Sattru Phai, Bangkok 10100
Opening Hours: Tue-Sun: 10:30AM-7PM (closed on Mondays)
Telephone: +66 90 598 2698

Having been around for over 50 years, Jae Ta is a family business that serves a one-up version of khao kha moo (braised pork rice) that you cannot miss out when in Yaowarat. What makes Jae Ta’s braised pork stand out from other stalls is the addition of peanuts into their broth.

A favourite amongst Thai locals, Khao Kha Moo (฿40) is a dish many of us go to when we have no idea what to eat. This is a simple yet hearty meal made up of braised pork, fermented vegetables, and of course, Jae Ta’s signature peanuts.

They also offer a mixed meat option for those who would like to try everything for ฿70. This comes with braised pork, swine entrails, pork tail, and egg.

Ruam Mitr Mor Din (฿130) is a combination of all meat items that include braised pork, peanuts, swine entrails, pork tail, tofu, and egg, topped with fermented lettuce and coriander. We recommend getting this as a sharing item for 2 people, and can be ordered with steamed rice.

Old 24-05-2021, 09:19 PM
Veteran Samster

Krua Porn Lamai

Address: 64 Plaeng Nam Rd, Samphanthawong, Bangkok 10100
Opening Hours: 6PM – 2AM, Daily
Telephone: +66-99-249-5414

Krua Porn Lamai sizzling hot plate noodles is super famous with the locals for their signature “lava gravy” fried noodles.

The star of the show was definitely the fried egg that had a perfect runny yolk. Once it coated the noodles and was mixed with the gravy, the egg added an extra creaminess to the dish.

In each mouthful, we were treated to soft noodles, tender shrimp and squid, and boiled Chinese kale. All the different textures came together very well with the gravy.

Another dish we had was Dry Sukiyaki Seafood (Regular: ฿70, ~USD2.32 | Large: ฿100, ~USD3.31), which was also served on a heated pan. If you want something to slurp on, you can also choose a soup version of this dish.

Old 29-05-2021, 01:33 PM
Veteran Samster

[Bangkok] Kway Teow Kua Gai Nai Hong

Address: 266/1 Soi Thewi Woyarat, Thanon Luang, Banbat, Bamprap Sathupai, Bangkok
Operation Daily: 4pm – 10pm

For more than 20 years, Kway Teow Pad Siew (Fried Kway Teow) was one of my favourite Thai noodle dishes because of the sweet sauce combined with the peppery and “wok hei” flavour. I didn’t really know about the existence of Kua Gai until recently.

Kway Teow Kua Gai is like the healthier version of Kway Teow Pad Siew because there isn’t any black sauce in it. Think the white version of the fried carrot cake.

Delicious food is important for me and so I also make it a point to source the best, no matter what dish is it.

The best Kua Gai in Bangkok is located somewhere around Yaowarat, in one of the back alleys along Luang Road. There is no way you will notice this stall unless somebody introduces you to it!

At the intersection of Luang Road and Yukol 2 Road, you will notice this small alley beside Shop 208-210. Enter the alley and you will find Kua Gai Nai Hong!

Old 31-05-2021, 07:09 PM
Veteran Samster

Hia Tai Kee (Bangkok Old Town)

Directions: 10-minute walk from Sam Yot MRT Station
Address: Siri Phong Rd, Khwaeng Samran Rat, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand
78/4 ถนนประชาธิปไตย ซอย บ้านพานถม เขตพระนคร กรุงเทพมหานคร 10200
Opening Hours: Daily 7am to 8pm
Phone: +662 621 0828

This old-school Chinese shophouse has been a morning staple for us locals for over 60 years. Their signatures are Pan-Fried Egg (seasoned with minced pork, chopped spring onion and salty sauce) and Hot Tea.

Kope Hya Tai Kee is a popular Chinese-style coffeeshop in Bangkok that serves a variety of Thai and Asian fusion style dishes. It also offers a selection of specialty iced coffees and teas.

It is near the iconic Giant Swing and is just steps away from the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration City Hall building.

Hia Tai Kee is similar to On Lok Yun in terms of its local senior regulars, making it a good place to people-watch and immerse in Bangkok’s charming and rare leisurely pace.

Old 05-06-2021, 10:14 AM
Veteran Samster

Guay Tiew Kua Gai

Address: 261/1 Soi Thevi Worayat, just off Luang road
Open hour: 4 pm – 10:30 pm
Phone: +66 2-222-4047
Prices: 50 bath
How to get there: Take the MRT to Hua Lamphong and walk towards Luang road. Be aware that a new and closer MRT station Wat Mangkon Kamalawat is supposed to open in September 2019. Anyway, when getting to Luang road, find the road cross to Yukon 2 road and walk into Yukol 2 road and then again take the first to the right (also named Yukon 2 Road) and walk 40 meters until the next street cross where you see Suan Mali on the corner. An easier option is to walk true Nong Ann restaurant (also known for their kuay teow kua gai) at 419 Luang road. You just walk through the restaurant into the alley behind the restaurant, where Ann makes their own food. Take left when getting out in the back of Ann and then walk the 20 meters until you reach the road cross where you find Suan Mali on the corner. You can also walk into the alley at the corner of Nong Ann and then take the first alley to the left and continue towards the first corner where you find Suanmali on the right side – be aware that you will pass a few street food vendors on the 30 meter stretch before reaching the corner.

Guay Tiew Kua Gai or roasted chicken noodes is easy to make on the paper. Few ingredients, clear instructions, but still so difficult to get it right. Have you heard big chefs speaking about the importance of controlling the heat and time? Thats exactly what we are talking about here. A small mistake and you’re in the mediocre territory immediately. Suanmali does everything right. And they do it every time. It has been a favorite of mine for years.

Suanmali is a true institution in Bangkok’s Chinatown. They have delivered quality day inn and day out. And I do find them a notch better than Ann Guay Tiew Kua Gai 30 meters away that also is an excellent spot for Guay Tiew Kua Gai. The reason for positioning Suanmali first is that the noodles are slightly more crispier at Suanmali. Ann Guay Tiew Kua Gai have the advantage of air-condition, but again, if taste and texture really matters, Suanmali is a slightly better spot.

Old 08-06-2021, 03:00 PM
Veteran Samster

Raan Jay Fai

327 Mahachai Road (at intersection with Samranrat Road) Bangkok, Thailand
Tel: +66 2 223 9384
Opening Hours: 2:00pm – 12:00am (Tues – Sat), Closed Sun, Mon

1 Michelin Star Bangkok Street Hawker, Also Featured In Netflix’s “Street Food”
[Bangkok] In Bangkok where cheap, affordable, tasty street foods are a dime in a dozen, finding Fried Drunken Noodle (Phad Kee Mao) in a run-down no-frills eatery that is sold at 400 Baht (SGD16.50, USD12.00) came as a shocker.

Nevermind that, as Raan Jay Fai is the only street hawker awarded the Michelin Star in the inaugural Bangkok Michelin Guide.

The wait has become incredibly long.

Most diners would say about 2 to 3 hours, but I had a friend who went about 2pm and got the food at 7pm plus. It does sound a little crazy.

In Singaporean-language, we call this type of coffeeshop “lok”.

The eatery is Raan Jay Fai, run by a 70-plus year old lady also called “Sister Mole”, known for her iconic over-sized goggles.

“Jay” represents “sister” while “Fai” means “mole”. Thus, the name in its entirety would mean “Sister Mole Restaurant”.

The easiest way to get here is via Uber or cab for tourists.

Telling the driver to get to the famous Thip Samai Pad Thai is a safer bet, and Raan Jay Fai is just a few shops down.

Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1