The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk

Notices

Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk With the IRs up and running, what better place to exchange tips and techniques on how to tip the odds in your favour! [Please note that with the passing of the Remote Gambling Act, Internet gambling links and Adverts are no longer allowed in this section.]

Fastgoal Image
Fastgoal : Reliable Score Service

View Poll Results: Will Fabio Capello be successful for the England post
His many titles in Italy & Spain speaker volumns of his capability. 3 42.86%
He is to defensive minded. 2 28.57%
He will not last long,as he cannot deliver. 0 0%
He is there just to show that a foreigner is good for the England jib. 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 12-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Fabio Capello's appointment as England manager

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...iendly?cc=4716

Agbonlahor misses Spain friendly
November 11, 2011

Darrent Bent is set 2 occupy a lone striking role aft Gabriel Agbonlahor was ruled out of England's friendly with Spain @ Wembley on Saturday with a hamstring injury.

Agbonlahor was hoping 2 win his 4th cap but suffered an injury in training on Thursday. While the damage is not thought 2 be serious, it was decided 2 send Agbonlahor back 2 Aston Villa 4 further treatment, ending his chances of facing the world & European champions.

"Gabriel Agbonlahor has tis morning returned 2 Aston Villa," the FA confirmed on Friday. "Having been assessed by the England medical staff, Agbonlahor is unable 2 train 2day @ Wembley & has returned 2 his club."

ESPNsoccernets' England source commented: "The chances r tat Darren Bent will be a lone striker in a 4-3-3 formation, but the England manager has not announced his team."

Everton centre-back Phil Jagielka has a fractured toe but he was able 2 take part in the training session on Friday, & Fabio Capello says he is available 4 Saturday's game. "He played normally 2day," he said. "I spoke with him. I asked him if he is ready 2 play. He told me yes."

Capello also said tat Manchester United's Phil Jones will be tested in a new position aft making his debut in defence against Montenegro.

"Phil Jones will play as a midfielder," he said. "I spoke with Sir Alex. He told me he can play there becos he is a fantastic player. He is young. He can play centre-back, right-back & midfield. I think he will play well against Spain in midfield."
Old 12-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Samster

joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...o-play?cc=4716

Capello: Jagielka is fully fit
November 11, 2011

Fabio Capello insists he would not risk playing defender Phil Jagielka if he were less than 100% fit 2 face Spain @ Wembley.

Capello will pair Jagielka with Joleon Lescott in central defence as England entertain the world champions. The move will attract David Moyes' interest given Jagielka has been playing recently only thanks 2 injections in a toe injury.

Everton's medical staff hv been contacted by their FA counterparts 2 try & ease any fears abt Jagielka's fitness on Merseyside. And Capello is adamant the 29-year-old is happy 2 play.

''B4 I decide abt a player, I always in my career, speak with the docs,'' he said. ''I ask the doc whether they can play or not. He says he can.

''Then I always speak with the player & ask whether they can play? If they r 100%? Not 90%, but 100%? r you ready? He said yes. He will decide whether he takes an injection. But he trained normally, without 1.''

Glen Johnson will return @ right-back, meaning a place in central midfield 4 ManU teenager Phil Jones, who will be tasked with the job of shutting down Spain's vast array of star names.

It promises 2 be the biggest challenge of the former Blackburn man's career so far, with Capello admitting Spain r out on their own @ present.

''No-1 in the world is close 2 Spain. Not Holland. Not Germany,'' he said. ''Becos their style is completely different. The Dutch & the Germans r playing well. But Spain's ball possession is really good.

''It is difficult 2 win the ball back becos, technically, they r really good. 4 tis reason, it's the most difficult game 4 me.''

And b4 any1 suggests simply copying the formula, Capello has warned them 2 forget it.

''You can't copy tis style,'' he said. ''It's come fr the academies. They've got 8 players coming fr Barcelona, 4 or 5 fr Real Madrid. Tis style is normal 4 them. Without players of value it would probably be no good. But Spain hv 7 nominated 4 the Ballon d'Or. Every style is good if you hv really good players.''
Old 12-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-spain?cc=4716

Capello: I have no fear for Spain
November 11, 2011

England manager Fabio Capello maintains tat he is not worried by the prospect of sending out a young side 4 the friendly against world champions Spain.

Capello has shuffled his pack in a bid 2 test some of England's young stars with Phil Jones taking centre stage in a midfield role & the likes of with Daniel Sturridge & Jack Rodwell also set 2 play some part @ Wembley.

Jones has drawn comparisons with legendary Italian Franco Baresi &, despite fears tat the world-class players on offer 4 Spain will expose England's lack of experience, Capello is backing his stars.

"I hv no fear. Nothing. The team tat plays will be really good," Capello told reporters."He [Baresi] was really good as a defender. As a midfielder, he was so-so, so I hope Jones is better there.

"Phil Jones has got alot of qualities, really good qualities. His potential is the top. You need quality 2 be able 2 do tis. When u go 4ward, when u arrive in the last metres near the box, his passing is really good. He can shoot. He can get 2 the goal."

Spain, the winners of Euro 2008 & the 2010 World Cup, r the best side in the world & Capello is acutely aware of the test they will pose.

"No 1 in the world is close to Spain. Not Holland, not Germany, becos their style is completely different," he added. "The Dutch & the Germans r playing well. But Spain's ball possession is really good.

"It is difficult 2 win the ball back becos, technically, they r really good. 4 tis reason, it's the most difficult game 4 me."
Old 13-11-2011, 06:36 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report/_/id/332955?cc=4716

Battling England edge of out Spain

England clung on 2 gain an unexpected & morale-boosting win over world champions Spain @ Wembley.

Stand-in skipper Frank Lampard netted the winner when he stooped 2 nod home a loose ball 3 mins aft half-time when Darren Bent's header struck the inside of a post.

Led superbly by man-of-the-match Scott Parker, England then remained defiant in the face of concerted Spanish pressure 2 secure only Fabio Capello's 2nd victory against top-rated opposition in his 4 years in charge.

It was also the 3 Lions' 1st outright victory over Spain @ Wembley since 1968.
And, whilst no-1 - least of all Capello - will take anything 4 granted ahead of Euro 2012, given so many fringe players were involved, the momentum generated augurs well 4 a far more effective performance than their tepid effort in South Africa.

There was something distinctly unfulfilling abt the opening half an hour.

A Spain side containing 5 members of the Barcelona team tat mesmerised ManU on the same pitch last May did exactly the same again, only without the cutting edge provided by Lionel Messi.

The tiki-taka Spanish style left England without the ball 4 long periods. Bent in particular had a thankless task attempting 2 plug the holes Spain r so good @ finding.

Entrusted with a midfield slot, Phil Jones had energy 2 burn, but as he implored his team-mates 2 follow his lead, the ManU man was belying his naivety.

Parker had the right idea. 1 of the few not scarred by past experiences against Xavi & Andres Iniesta, he refused 2 be drawn out of position & stepped 4ward 2 make a tackle only when Spain threatened, which as it turned out, was not very often.

Indeed, it was England who had the 1st effort on goal. A Lampard pot-shot fr 25 yards which Iker Casillas dealt with comfortably enough.

Having assumed the captain's armband fr John Terry, Lampard made a decent fist of galvanising his troops & it was all rather routine until Spain suddenly clicked in2 life.

It was not tat they began peppering Joe Hart's goal. Aside fr Hart's ManC team-mate David Silva squeezing out a shot fr an acute angle, Hart had as little 2 do as Bent.

But Iniesta did play a 1-2 with Silva 2 almost get himself thru & Sergio Busquets lifted Xabi Alonso's chip in2 the box over fr 10 yards.

Wearing a corsage on his lapel in addition 2 a poppy, a reminder he was missing son Pierfilippo's wedding in Milan, Capello must hv been fairly satisfied @ the break, especially as John Terry, Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard & Jack Wilshere will hopefully be able 2 strengthen tis starting line-up in Poland & Ukraine next summer.

And within 3 mins of the break, England had gone in front with a goal right out of the Home Nations coaching manual aft Alvaro Arbeloa had presented the hosts with a free-kick close 2 the touchline.

James Milner floated it in2 the box, where Bent climbed highest turning a header against the post with substitute Jose Reina absolutely static.

The Liverpool goalkeeper was still rooted 2 the spot when it bounced back across the line & Lampard was fastest 2 react, stooping 2 nod in2 an empty net.

It was his 23rd England goal, putting him level with Nat Lofthouse on the all-time list.

For a 2nd, it appeared neither the players nor the crowd had considered the possibility of England being ahead.

And it took Spain a little while 2 react, which they did with a mixture of robust tackling, complaints 2 the referee & more purpose 2 their play.

Villa should hv done better than blaze a shot in2 the side-netting aft being brilliantly picked out by Busquets, while the Barcelona 4ward later fired a brilliant shot against a post aft Glen Johnson had been caught in possession.

Amidst all this, Capello had given Jack Rodwell his debut & he exchanged passes with another substitute, Danny Welbeck 2 put Spain in trouble, the whole episode almost ending disastrously 4 the visitors as Reina had 2 turn away Alba's misdirected backpass.

As Spain began 2 turn the screw, so Phil Jagielka & Joleon Lescott rose 2 the challenge, each producing their best England performances in a disciplined defensive effort.

It was Parker who slid in 2 deny Gerard Pique though as he galloped 4ward, just abt 2 connect with Fabregas' cut-back.

The former Arsenal man spurned 2 chances in a minute b4 the end. 1st Hart saved a deflected effort fr the edge of the area, b4 Fabregas pushed the ball wide fr 10 yards aft finding himself clean thru as England scored a welcome triumph.
Old 13-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...sillas?cc=4716

Casillas: England win wrong result
November 12, 2011

Defeated Spanish goalkeeper Iker Casillas does not believe England deserved 2 win against the world champions @ Wembley on Saturday night.

Casillas, who made his 126th appearance 4 Spain 2 equal the record of Andoni Zubizarreta, only played the 1st-half of the 1-0 friendly defeat tat ruined his landmark celebration.

The 30-year-old, who made his debut as a teenager against Sweden in 2000, was replaced by Pepe Reina @ the break & could only watch as his team lost 2 an England team tat he insists did nothing 2 justify their success.

"It is a shame we didn't manage 2 win,'' the Real Madrid goalkeeper said. "It leaves a bitter taste becos, in my personal opinion, it was not the right result.

"We created a few more chances than England, who showed their strength @ a dead ball situation & managed 2 convert something. Other than tat, I can't really think tat they created anything else throughout the game.

Casillas added: "As 4 the record, it is not something I hv ever really thought or spoken abt. I suppose if I retired 2morrow I would realise I had been very fortunate. But @ the moment all I m concerned abt is playing Costa Rica on Tuesday.''
Old 13-11-2011, 07:24 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...o-2012?cc=4716

Capello: Young Lions will get even better
November 12, 2011

Fabio Capello described his England young guns as fearless & backed them 2 play a vital part @ Euro 2012 next summer aft they beat world champions Spain 1-0 @ Wembley.

The England manager praised the performance of ManU's 19-year-old Phil Jones, who started in midfield & saluted 20-year-old Danny Welbeck as well as Everton's Jack Rodwell 20, & Tottenham's Kyle Walker, 21, who all came on in the 2nd half.

Capello also revealed tat he would play 22-year-old Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge against Sweden on Tuesday as well as Walker & Fulham's more experienced Bobby Zamora.

Capello said: "The most important thing I saw was the performance of Rodwell, Jones & Welbeck, really good young players & also Walker.

"I think these players will be very important 4 the Euros becos I saw they played without fear & with personality, physically & technically I can see they r good 2 play with the seniors.''

Capello had received much criticism when he revealed he would experiment against the World Cup holders but England kept their defensive shape & despite being starved of possession 4 long periods they frustrated the Spanish.

Frank Lampard, wearing the captain's armband with John Terry on the bench, scored the only goal, heading home fr a yard aft James Milner's 2nd-half free-kick had been headed against the post by Darren Bent.

And while Capello insisted Terry & Bolton's Gary Cahill would play against Sweden the England boss praised the performance of Joleon Lescott & Phil Jagielka @ the heart of England's defence.

Capello said: "The 2 centre-backs played a fantastic game, really good. Every time Spain tried passes thru they were in good positions. They played with big confidence. It is impossible 2 play against Spain without confidence.

"John Terry & Cahill will play against Sweden. Walker will play right-back & Sturridge & Zamora [will also play].

"I needed 2 know the value of the players when they play here @ Wembley. Tis is big test 4 good players 2 play here.''

Capello spared his biggest accolade, however, 4 man of the match Scott Parker, the Tottenham holding midfielder who consistently broke up the attacks of Xavi & Andres Iniesta.

"Scott Parker had an incredible performance,'' said Capello. "He is improving every game & he is a really important player 4 the back 4 when they receive the ball.''

Capello's team also received praise fr Spain coach Vincent Del Bosque.

"The England side 2day r physical & powerful & they carried out their manager's orders 2 the letter tactically,'' Del Bosque said.

"They were very organised & set out 2 try 2 take the initiative. They made good use of the free kick 2 get their goal & carried out their plan quite nicely fr the start.''

Del Bosque, who saw David Villa hit the post in the 2nd half & whose side hv lost a string of friendlies against top sides despite winning all 8 matches in qualifying 4 Euro 2012, insisted his side would be back on champion form come the summer.

He said: "I'm disappointed & angry tat we did not win but pleased with the performance we put in.

"There were lots of positives. We had lots of possession. We showed alot of patience against a side with so many players behind the ball. Maybe we lacked a little speed 2 get behind with the ball

"We've always faced up 2 problems & found a solution but 2night there was a lack of space & a lack of the final ball. We will be prepared when the big games come next summer.

"We do not approach games in a complacent manner & hv not taken these games lightly. We played @ full pace. They only had 1 chance fr a free-kick so it proves we dominated the game. We just lacked tat skilful defining moment. "It wasn't happening 4 us 2night.''
Old 13-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns...rry-on?cc=4716

Keep calm and carry on
November 12, 2011

Aft the poppycock came the giddiness. The innate nature of the England football team is 2 get its followers' hopes up, & just when a downbeat nation had written off the Euros as a bad job, along comes a defeat of the world's best international team.

Praise came fr the direction of a coach with 2 Champions Leagues & a World Cup 2 his name. "They r very organised, they set out 2 take initiative & stop us taking the initiative," said Vicente Del Bosque, no less. "They carried out their plan quite nicely fr the start." Yes, tis was an England team he was talking abt.

Fabio Capello had decided tat the best time 2 experiment would be a game against a team already placed in the pantheon as 1 of the best of all time. Friendly or not, a manager can decide his very reputation by taking such risks. Capello, the unlikely gambler, played an unusual hand & was rewarded with his finest moment yet as England coach.

With heir apparent Harry Redknapp's legal matter now a subject 4 public consumption, the outgoing boss showed a glimpse of why he was hired in the 1st place. Spain is a country where he delivered 2 league titles in 2 separate spells & the pragmatism tat made him a rather unloved success story @ Real Madrid made a reappearance here.

"We prepared with tis style." said Capello in an unusually cheery & effusive press conference. "We needed 2 focus every moment of the game. Playing against Spain is very difficult but the players & the crowd found confidence."

Tis victory & the commitment shown by missing his son's wedding 4 tis match may not be enough 2 save a wracked public image but it will surely help. The Italian is expected 2 end his tenure with his adopted country remaining the perennial bridesmaid. Such an accusation was levelled @ the Spanish 4 decades & while their recent dominance is a watermark tat looks barely credible in Phil Jones' lifetime, let alone Capello's England reign, tis win served as a significant restoration of faith.

The 1st half hour had met expectancy levels. A magic circle of Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Alonso & Silva made Scott Parker & Frank Lampard, 2 of the Premier League's most in-form midfielders, look pedestrian, heavy-legged & hurried. Jones, a young player treated as experimental apparatus in high-pressure trips 2 Anfield 4 his club, & against the world's best here, has much 2 learn as a midfielder. It may not be aiding his development 2 hv been by-passed so easily & so often.

Lampard is a man with a wondrous goalscoring record fr midfield yet Jones was often 2 be found as England's most advanced midfielder, the closest link 2 Darren Bent's tail-chasing exercise up front. His attributes r undoubted but wat he needs is the comfort of playing in 1 position, rather than the 3 he has attempted already tis season. But tat must be registered as a minor complaint abt a player still in his teens on a happy night 4 his team.

England looked better 1s Jones had departed, though by then they had their lead & Lampard & Parker were now significant figures in the game. In the opening mins of the 2nd half, Lampard recovered fr his early labouring 2 nod home fr point-blank range 1s Bent had climbed highest 2 head on 2 Iker Casillas' post. Spain would continue 2 dominate possession but they were often worried @ the back, with substitute Danny Welbeck a particular nuisance 2 them. By then, Parker had control of midfield, Spain's 'tiki taka' rudely interrupted by the Tottenham tyro's energy & determination.

The Spanish do not so much aim 2 viscerate their opposition as suffocate. It is 2 easy 2 suggest tat they r 'Barcelona sin Messi' but a comparison needs 2 be drawn. David Silva, the Premier League's best player, takes the place of Messi, the Primera Liga's prime mover, but he is not a destructive goal machine in the image of the Argentine. As befitting the slower pace of international football in general, Spain pick @ an opponent's lock, while Barcelona smash the doors down. The 'false 9' is a hugely fashionable conceit in the modern game, yet wat Spain lacked was a centre-4ward, a fulcrum off whom Silva & David Villa could flit. When Fernando Torres did arrive, England had bedded in, with confidence flowing thru pumping veins.

England, with all 4 of Joleon Lescott, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson & Ashley Cole outstanding, defended doggedly, with a disciplined offside trap chief among their methods. Spain dominated possession yet searched in vain 4 a cutting edge tat never appeared. 4 Del Bosque, tis match will serve as a forerunner of the type of match tat his team will face in the early rounds of Euro 2012. A massed defence, & a snatched goal against the run of play is how Switzerland beat them in their World Cup opener & here was a rather chilling reminder of tat frustrating afternoon in Durban. Difficult as it may seem, they can be got @.

Getting them frustrated can help 2. Cesc Fabregas & Ramos picked up twin bookings within mins of each other aft the concession of England's goal. While progress 2 the finals was completed with 100% perfection, their friendly results hv not been quite so dominant. In abandoning tis fixture as a 'friendly' & approaching it in the style of the 'test match' seen in rugby & cricket, a Spain training exercise was converted by England in2 a real football contest. By the time Spain had realised they faced a genuine test, their opponents' system was working, & the crowd was on their side.

In the words of Del Bosque, England had "carried out their manager's order 2 the absolute letter". Yes, he did say tat abt an England team under Fabio Capello, & 1 without its captain in Terry & best player in Rooney. Now, how 2 dampen expectation & stem the flow of growing excitement? Perhaps Tuesday's match with Sweden will provide just tat function. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

MAN OF THE MATCH: Joleon Lescott
Scott Parker, ever garlanded, won the official award but the showing of Lescott @ centre half was his best yet 4 his country & emblematic of some fine recent form 4 ManC. Disciplined, organised & doing the last-ditch stuff well, John Terry may now hv other worries on his mind.

ENGLAND VERDICT:
It was not pretty but it was effective. Tis was a team performance of a type tat is a distant memory fr the early Capello days. The experimentation with Jones did not work out but there were plenty of other positive signs. Now 2 keep calm & carry on.

SPAIN VERDICT:
A group of fancy-dan ne'er do wells bound 2 fall flat when the going gets tough? Not @ all, they hv earned their place @ the top but tis game showed tat if not all the parts r working then the world's best can be vulnerable. Xavi & Iniesta were merely average, & an attacking counterpoint was distinctly lacking.

THE ENGLISH FOOTBALL PUBLIC:
John Terry was applauded while taking his warm-up as an unused sub. Fernando Torres was booed 2 high heaven when he came on. Torres' crime? Playing 4 Chelsea, leaving Liverpool, or being Spanish? Baffling, & worrying 2. But, sadly, all 2 predictable.
Old 13-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/quotes?id=332955&cc=4716

Lampard "realistic" over Spain win

Frank Lampard was not getting carried away despite scoring the goal tat secured England a 1-0 win over world & European champions Spain @ Wembley.

Lampard headed in the game's only goal just aft half-time aft Darren Bent's shot rebounded across the face of goal. It was a rare foray 4ward 4 Fabio Capello's side though as they were then forced in2 a fine rearguard display 2 secure a battling success.

"4 every1 it is a lift, but we hv 2 be realistic. We know they dominated the game 4 long periods,'' Lampard said in an interview on ITV1. "We won't be shouting fr rooftops. We understand football.

"We r not quite where we 1 2 be just yet, but 2 beat a side like Spain is something we can definitely build upon.''

Lampard praised the performance of his defenders as well as Scott Parker, who put in a man-of-the-match display in his holding midfield role.

"The back 4 & Scott were fantastic,'' he added. "They didn't allow them 2 play thru the 18-yard box like they can do. While we had 2 hang on we're very pleased.

"They r without doubt the best team in the world. It gives us something 2 build on but we know we hv 2 improve.

"We won't get ahead of ourselves becos we hv a game on Tuesday (against Sweden) & the reverse could happen. We hv 2 keep our heads down.''

Scott Parker, who scooped the official Man of the Match award @ Wembley, reiterated Lampards comments & insisted England bettered Spain in the only department tat mattered.

"It was a tough game & I think the stats will probably favour Spain 2day, but, ultimately, we've got the result,'' Parker said. "It was very, very pleasing.''

The 31-year-old added: "We were very solid. We limited them 2 very few chances. They had alot of possession @ times, proved they hv got some real, real class. But we defended very well & obviously we tried 2 hit them on the break.

"The 1 positive thing is we stuck 2gether. It was a good team performance & when you play against Spain, you hv no doubt tat they're going 2 hv alot of the ball.''

Parker was magnificent in front of the back 4, repeatedly putting his body on the line 2 repel Spain's attacks & appearing 2 hurt himself stretching 4 1 vital clearance. The midfielder confirmed he suffered nothing more than cramp & was confident of being fit 4 Tuesday's game against Sweden.

Parker was not England's only hero in a victory achieved without the absent Wayne Rooney, John Terry & Steven Gerrard. "It says alot,'' Parker said. "They're obviously world-class players & would compliment any team.''

Yet, Parker refused 2 get carried away with the win & whether it meant England could repeat the result were they 2 meet Spain at next summer's European Championship.

He said: "Who knows? The 1 thing is we can't get 2 carried away. We've obviously got a good result & we had a game plan & obviously we accomplished tat.''

He added: "In terms of tournament, I think we need 2 build on tis, we need 2 take confidence fr tis & hopefully go in2 the tournament next year full of confidence.''
Old 13-11-2011, 09:16 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...s-best?cc=4716

Walcott: We can compete
November 13, 2011

England's victory over Spain without some of their major stars proves they do hv the strength in depth 2 rival the world's best, according 2 Theo Walcott.

Despite being without half of their 1st-choice XI, England produced a magnificent backs-2-the-wall victory against the current World & European champions @ Wembley.

Manager Fabio Capello reportedly cast doubt on the quality of his squad in the build-up to 1-0 friendly win, but then watched a side shorn of Wayne Rooney, John Terry, Steven Gerrard, Jack Wilshere & Ashley Young lay down a marker ahead of Euro 2012. And Arsenal winger Walcott thinks the squad is deep enough 2 challenge the world's best.

He said: ''Alot of players who came in all took their chance. But tat's wat we've got in tis England team. We've got so many great players in each position now.

''Tournament football, it's very important 2 hv 23 very physically fit players & the players tat came in did tat & every1's got 2 stay on their toes now.''

England carried out Capello's game plan almost 2 perfection, conceding tat Spain were going 2 dominate possession & focusing on shutting them down.

Walcott said: ''Any Spanish team's always going 2 hv the ball 4 periods of time. So you've just got 2 make sure tat u don't switch off, try not 2 get frustrated as well.

''But u start 2 see abit of frustration getting 2 the Spanish players - a couple of bookings - it wasn't quite happening 4 them becos we kept on breaking them down.

''Obviously, we were limited going 4ward but the most important thing was tat we got the win & there were alot of positives 2 take out of it.''

He added: ''Our back 4 was absolutely fantastic - but not just them. Players who came on fitted straight in. Sometimes, it changes the flow of the game when you make substitutions but every1 took their chance.''

England were almost denied a famous win when Walcott's former Arsenal team-mate Cesc Fabregas somehow fired a left-foot finish wide with the goal @ his mercy.

Admitting his heart had been in his mouth on the bench, Walcott said: ''It was a great opportunity 4 them. Maybe if it was on his right foot, he might've taken it.''
Old 14-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...tivity?cc=4716

Fabregas amazed by England negativity
November 13, 2011

Cesc Fabregas has shrugged off Spain's defeat 2 England, insisting his side played the more eye-catching football & deserved better against their negative opponents.

England produced little going 4ward but a workmanlike performance saw them edge 2 a 1-0 victory over the world & European champions @ Wembley on Saturday.

Spain, who enjoyed the bulk of possession, were left 2 rue a late Fabregas miss as England held on 4 a morale-boosting win - although 4mer Arsenal man Fabregas felt it was the more ambitious visitors who deserved 2 win.

"At the end of the day, u 1 teams 2 hv a go @ u & test u 2 see wat happens," he said. "We knew, especially aft we saw the 1st XI tat they put in, tat they were going 2 defend basically the whole game.

"Even when they were winning, they had [Danny] Welbeck up front alone & every1 just defending. But tis is the way they 1 2 play & it worked 4 them."

England's winner arrived shortly aft half-time when Frank Lampard headed in 4 his 23rd international goal but, despite their 4th loss in 8 friendlies since triumphing @ the World Cup last summer, Spain left the pitch unperturbed by the result.

"We always suffer alittle bit more in friendly games & we change alot of players & it's completely different," Fabregas said. "You cannot compare the [defeat by England] with important games like the Euros.

"We dominated the game & we made England defend nearly the whole 90 mins. We played 2 completely different styles of football. The more defensive 1 won but we know tat the only way they could score was fr a free-kick or a corner & we conceded a not very intelligent free-kick there. We paid 4 it but, basically, we r happy becos we played very well."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-clash?cc=4716

Sturridge to start, Jagielka out
November 13, 2011

Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge will make his England debut against Sweden on Tuesday, but defender Phil Jagielka has returned 2 Everton & will play no part.

Manager Fabio Capello, who praised the performance of England's youngsters following an unexpected 1-0 win over world champions Spain on Saturday, confirmed Sturridge would be part of another batch of new faces he would unleash ahead of Euro 2012.

Debutants Jack Rodwell & Kyle Walker both impressed @ Wembley, along with ManU's Phil Jones, who made his 2nd England appearance, & now it's Sturridge's turn 2 press his claims 4 a place @ next summer's Finals in Poland & Ukraine.

"I need 2 know the value of the players when they play @ Wembley. There is big pressure 4 all the players here,'' said the England coach.

Everton centre-back Jagielka was 1 of the players who really impressed against Spain, alongside central defensive partner Joleon Lescott, but has returned 2 his club due 2 a pre-arranged agreement.

It means the 29-year-old can rest the toe injury tat has been plaguing him 4 some time ahead of his side's Premier League encounter with Wolves @ Goodison Park on Saturday.

As Gabriel Agbonlahor left the squad aft suffering a hamstring injury in training on Thursday, it means the remaining 23 players in Fabio Capello's squad r all expected 2 train @ Arsenal's London Colney complex on Monday morning ahead of Tuesday's friendly with fellow Euro 2012 qualifiers Sweden.

Capello has confirmed Sturridge will make his debut, with recalls 4 Bobby Zamora & Gary Cahill.

More notably, John Terry will assume the captain's armband 4 the 1st time since allegations tat he racially abused QPR's Anton Ferdinand - which he strenuously denies - were aired last month.
Old 15-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...laying?cc=4716

Terry 'completely focused' on playing
November 14, 2011

England captain John Terry has insisted he has public & personal support fr within the 3 Lions squad & has not been distracted by the police investigation he is currently the subject of.

Terry is caught up in the middle of a probe in2 allegations of racial abuse 2wards QPR defender Anton Ferdinand last month.

England boss Fabio Capello has kept faith with his captain, insisting the Chelsea defender is "innocent until proven guilty", but he was kept away fr the press ahead of last Saturday's win over Spain aft being left on the bench.

But Terry will lead out the side against Sweden on Tuesday, resulting in him being put up @ a press conference on Monday.

Terry insisted he was in the right frame of mind 2 lead the team & had not been distracted by the off-field controversies.

"I m here & participating in training & delighted 2 be captain again. I m in a great state of mind, completely focused on playing well & training. Fr tat side of things nothing has changed."

"The reaction fr the rest of the squad has been good. They hv been very supportive, publicly & personally. I m delighted with tat. I was delighted with the reaction of the fans on Saturday as well. There were a few boos but I always get tat.''

And Terry certainly does not view Tuesdays appearance as any more significant than previous 1s, despite his off-field woes.

"Not @ all,'' he said. "I m here. I m delighted 2 be captain of the side, leading the team out. It is the biggest honour of all. The players showed we r united 2gether, no matter wat.''

Terry has a simple philosophy in such situations, adding: "It is important 2 deal with your ups & downs, which I hv done throughout my career. 1 thing I hv always loved doing fr a very early age is playing football.

"The game has changed an awful lot, but u can never take away wat the players feel when they go on2 the pitch. I did it in the park with my friends when I was younger. It is wat I dreamed of as a boy. No-1 can ever take tat away fr me.''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...iendly?cc=4716

Ireland lining up England friendly
November 14, 2011

The Republic of Ireland r hoping 2 line up a friendly against England if they secure their place @ the Euro 2012 finals.

Giovanni Trapattoni's men will take a 4-0 lead in2 Tuesday night's play-off 2nd leg with Estonia @ the Aviva Stadium & provided they do not succumb 2 a fightback of remarkable proportions, will be heading 4 Poland & the Ukraine next summer.

They will prepare with a series of friendlies, & FA of Ireland chief executive John Delaney has indicated tat England's long-awaited return 2 Dublin could be among them as long as the sides were not pitched in2 battle in the finals draw on December 2.

He told the Sunday Independent: ''I think there is a real enthusiasm, particularly fr the English FA, 2 hv England in Dublin sooner rather than later.''

The 2 sides hv not met in the city since 1995 when their friendly game was abandoned aft just 27 mins becos of crowd trouble @ Lansdowne Road. At the time, Ireland manager (& 1966 World Cup winner with England) Jack Charlton said he had "seen alot in football but nothing like tis".

England hv been touted as possible visitors 2 the redeveloped Aviva Stadium 4 some time, but the fixture has yet 2 come off.

Trapattoni, said: "Maybe we already hv tis appointment. We hv spoken, 4 2 years maybe. 2 years we ask them but the diary was busy. Now I think England accept. We wait.

"We hv played France, Italy, Croatia, Russia & we meet Germany in the future [in the 2014 World Cup campaign]. We hv met 50% of the great teams."

"I think it is possible 2 play England in a friendly," assistant Marco Tardelli added. "And it will be a good thing 4 England & 4 us. It is very important 2 play against a big team b4 the tournament. I think we would do well against England. Why not? It's possible."

England hv already agreed 2 play a friendly against Sweden & become their 1st opponents in their new 50,000 seater national stadium when it is opened in Stockholm in November 2012.

The tie was a part of the arrangement 4 the friendly @ Wembley on Tuesday night, while Ireland's focus will be on qualifying 4 Euro 2012 by finishing off the job against Estonia.
Old 16-11-2011, 06:36 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=333033&cc=4716

Solid England sink Swedes

England completed an unbeaten 2011 in satisfactory style by ending their 43-year wait 4 a victory over Sweden.

A deflected 1st-half Gareth Barry header proved enough 2 secure the win, in addition 2 becoming England's landmark 2,000th goal.

It was the 1st time the 3 Lions hv gone thru an entire year without losing since 1996, or 1994 if you include tat heart-breaking penalty shoot-out defeat 2 Germany @ Euro 96.

However, Fabio Capello will be wary abt reading 2 much in2 the triumph given how much club combat his players must slog their way thru b4 arriving in Poland & Ukraine.

The pity was only 48,876 - the 1st sub-50,000 crowd @ Wembley since 1998 - were there 2 see starring performances fr Stewart Downing, Phil Jones, & official man-of-the-match Kyle Walker.

Of all the players who could hv been credited with England's winner, Celtic defender Daniel Majstorovic was an unlikely candidate.

Yet, as 'own goals' would be 4th on the all-time list, maybe it was actually quite fitting the Sweden defender turned Stewart Downing's curling cross in2 his own net aft leaping with Gareth Barry - denying the ManC midfielder his 3rd international goal on his 50th appearance.

It took the 'og' tally to 43 & provided adequate reward 4 an opening period which flickered brightly @ times without being able 2 maintain the glare.

Phil Jones came closest.

There r plenty who argue the ManU youngster should be starting in his preferred central defensive position.

Others, Capello presumably among them, argue he is of more use 2 England in a midfield holding role @ present, especially against opposition where 2 r required, such as Saturday's visitors Spain.

Sweden r not in tat class, which meant Jones had some latitude 2 get 4ward, which he did 5 mins b4 the break.

Collecting Bobby Zamora's lay-off, the 19-year-old embarked on a searing run, straight thru the heart of Sweden's defence.

It was the kind of surge a watching Roy Keane used 2 make in his pomp. And why Jones has been compared 2 Duncan Edwards. All it lacked was the finish, which he flicked an inch wide of the post.

On England's next attack, they carved out an even better chance. The architect tis time was Downing, 1 of Capello's fringe men 2 impress.

The Liverpool player picked out Everton's Jack Rodwell with a superb cross in2 the Sweden box. Rodwell climbed highest, but did not require the angle he put on2 the ball, so instead of it heading straight in2 the goal, it thudded against a post & bounced to safety.

Prompting it all @ the back was Terry.

On his 1st England appearance since racism allegations, which he strenuously denied, were levelled against him, the Chelsea skipper's name was read out 2 a mixed reception prior 2 kick-off.

He was not entirely foot perfect either early on, although by the break Terry had recovered his composure, helping 2 ensure Zlatan Ibrahimovic departed @ half-time having made little impact & keeping English fans in the dark abt why he is rated so highly by Capello, & so many others.

Not tat it was of much significance 2 Daniel Sturridge, who became the 3rd new cap of tis double-header, although - initially @ least - it seemed he was trying abit 2 hard 2 reproduce his club form.

Downing was significantly more effective, producing quite possibly his best performance 4 England overall.

He set up Zamora, whose goalbound shot was turned away by Jonas Olsson, & although his drive in2 the area was not quite as eye-catching as Jones' had been earlier, it brought another decent save fr Isaksson.

Introduced 4 Joe Hart @ half-time 4 his 1st Wembley appearance since tat calamitous night against Croatia tat ended Steve McClaren's brief tenure, Scott Carson narrowly avoided conceding another humiliating goal when he scrambled back 2 claw away Sebastian Larsson's 50-yard cross-shot fr underneath the crossbar.

England had 1 more scare 2 overcome as they nearly paid the price 4 switching off in the drab final stages as Christian Wilhelmsson volleyed over fr 8 yards despite being completely unmarked.
Old 26-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...n-link?cc=4716

Capello's lawyer denies Russian link
November 26, 2011

Fabio Capello's lawyer denies the England manager flew 2 Moscow tis week 2 begin talks over a possible move in2 Russian football.

Capello spent part of the week in the Russian capital, sparking speculation he could be set 2 join newly-rich club Anzhi Makhachkala. The 65-year-old's England contract runs out @ the end of the Euro 2012 finals next summer, & is now free 2 talk 2 potential new employers aft confirming the 3 Lions' place in Ukraine & Poland.

But Capello's lawyer, & son, Pierfilippo, has played down reports the former Real Madrid boss met Anzhi's billionaire owner Suleyman Kerimov while in Moscow. Instead he says his father simply made the trip 2 watch the ballet @ the city's renowned Bolshoi Theatre.

"He received an invitation 2 go &, as u know, my father is passionate abt the arts," he told The Daily Mail. "If he was meeting with a football club I would expect 2 be there, & I m in England."

Anzhi r reportedly considering either Capello or former Turkey boss Guus Hiddink as their next manager as Kerimov looks 2 build the club in2 a European power. Since buying the club in January, Kerimov has signed the likes of Samuel Eto'o, Yuri Zhirkov & former Brazil international Roberto Carlos.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...2-draw?cc=4716

Capello happy with Euro 2012 draw
December 2, 2011

England manager Fabio Capello said he was happy enough with the Euro 2012 draw, as his side were placed alongside France, Sweden & co-hosts Ukraine.

He told BBC Sport: ''Now we r here all the teams r very good. They hv arrived in tis position in the tournament becos they r very good.

''Of the other groups, I think Group B is very difficult becos Portugal, Germany & Holland r very tough. Probably the best group was Group A but we r happy with Group D. It is a tough group but better than Group B.''

Capello added tat England will not move their base fr Krakow, even though all of their group games will be played in Ukraine.

He said: ''Absolutely not becos we hv found a really good place. I m happy with the facilities & we will stay in the same place in Krakow.''

Capello admits making a good start against France will be imperative.

The Italian added: ''Most difficult will be the 1st game against France. The 1st game is always difficult 2 play becos of the pressure. A result will be very important.''

The tournament will mark the end of Capello's tenure with the 3 Lions, & he confirmed he will not reconsider his future no matter the outcome 4 his side.

''I m happy with my job, & I hope my last tournament will be something important 4 the fans,'' he said.

Assessing the tournament as a whole, Capello said: ''The favourite always is Spain, they r the best team in world @ the moment, difficult 2 beat, fantastic. Holland are also a good team & probably u can find a surprise - Portugal is 1 & some new teams, maybe 1 of the teams tat host the tournament.''

4mer England captain Paul Ince was also pleased with the draw. Ince told BBC Radio 5 Live: ''Overall we hv 2 be delighted. It is a fantastic group 4 us.

''When u look @ the groups we hv had, in qualification & in the World Cup, the gods hv been smiling down on us & they hv certainly done it again 2night. If we can't get ourselves thru tat group we hv only got ourselves 2blame.

''On paper we should win all those games but the French r always tough, Ukraine @ home will hv loads of fans behind them - the atmosphere will be crazy.

''On paper it looks easy but I m sure Capello will not take anything 4 granted.''
Old 05-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...appeal?cc=4716

Capello unsure over Rooney place
December 5, 2011

England manager Fabio Capello has put extra pressure on UEFA by revealing he may leave ManU striker Wayne Rooney @ home 4 Euro 2012 if the striker's current 3-match international ban is not reduced.

Capello will travel with Rooney 2 Nyon tis week, where the 4ward's appeal against the suspension he received 4 his sending off in the final qualification match against Montenegro will be heard by a UEFA panel.

Having previously suggested he will take Rooney 2 the Championship regardless of the ban, the Italian was less convinced aft attending the group stage draw on Friday - suggesting he may leave Rooney @ home if he is not @ least available 4 the last group stage match against co-hosts Ukraine.

"I need 2 wait," Capello said. "I need 2 see how the appeal goes. The sentence, 3 games, was 2 much & I hope the appeal will help us reduce it. I hope he will be available 4 game 3."

However, Capello may well simply be trying 2 exert extra pressure on UEFA 2 be lenient in their appeal verdict - with the possibility of Rooney not being @ the tournament a nightmare 4 the governing body & its key sponsors fr a commercial point of view.

The FA hv already confirmed they r going 2 every length 2 try & ensure Rooney's ban is reduced, with Club England managing director Adrian Bevington revealing tat legal advice has been sought fr many quarters.

"We hv spoken @ length with our own internal lawyers on tis, & also we hv been working with an external legal firm as well, who hv a great deal of expertise in sports law," Bevington said. "We go there, obviously, with the hope of @ least getting some reduction in the suspension so Wayne can play a more fulsome part in the tournament, if possible."

There is a precedent 4 a ban reduction, with Russia's Andrei Arshavin seeing his suspension reduced to 2 games prior 2 Euro 2008.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...eports?cc=4716

England hit back over base reports
December 5, 2011

England hv criticised as a ''scare story'' reports tat the team's training base in Poland 4 Euro 2012 is dilapidated & not fit 4 purpose.

England will be using the ground of 4th division Hutnik Nowa Huta as their base in Poland 4 @ least 3 games - against France, Ukraine & Sweden.

Club England managing director Adrian Bevington admits the facilities r not up 2 standard but insisted they will be ready 4 when the players arrive b4 the tournament.

The Sun has reported the ground in Krakow is ''barely fit 4 a pub team'' & describes the dressing room & medical facilities as ''a shambles''. Pictures show rubble-strewn dressing room & showers.

But Bevington said on his Twitter account: ''We hv pitch specialist company who work with Fifa & Uefa working on our training pitch - it will be fine.''

He added: ''Pre-tournament base camp scare story in Sun today. V predictable. Training pitch isn't good but will be in June.''

While England r adamant the ground will be up the high standards they demand, it adds 2 concern over Capello's choice 2 be based in Poland.

England's group games will all be in Ukraine with matches against France & Ukraine in Donetsk as well as a trip 2 Kiev 2 play Sweden with their journeys totalling 5,000 miles.

Should they reach the latter stages of the tournament they would face 2 more trips 2 Donetsk 4 the quarter & semi-finals. Yet Capello, who chose a city centre location in Krakow aft wat Bevington described as a 14-month search which ended with the Italian adamant his side would prepare better in Poland, refused 2 entertain any thought of a change following last Friday's draw.

''Absolutely not,'' he said. ''I m happy with Krakow. When we played in Ukraine, we arrived the day b4. Tat was a long trip fr London.

''When we played Montenegro we did the same. I prefer 2 play in Krakow becos the facilities r really good. The players will be happy with the hotel & the training.''
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1