The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 19-01-2015, 11:51 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 12 / Power: 0
kurios deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: All you need to know about HIV

Best, don't fuck around. She/ he wouldn't tattoo HIV on their head. Let alone HIV, any other STD is bad to kill. Especially if the STD can spread like wild fire.
Old 19-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 82 / Power: 10
gheun deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurios View Post
Best, don't fuck around. She/ he wouldn't tattoo HIV on their head. Let alone HIV, any other STD is bad to kill. Especially if the STD can spread like wild fire.
Fully agree with you. Lesson learnt.
Old 19-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
abds123 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Exclamation Re: All you need to know about HIV

http://sextimate.net/?portfolio=315

Anyone got HIV or other STD from this FL?!!! I got some skin prob and viral infection from her!
Old 27-01-2015, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 11
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post

from what i know. yes .. it is possible for HIV to spread via oral sex though the risk isnt as high as unprotect sexual intercourse..
the risk increases if menstrual blood is present..
This whole business about whether or not you can get HIV from oral sex is very complicated and even the so-called HIV experts around the world cannot agree.

In the 1990's there were several case reports and case series reports on people getting HIV from oral sex, both receptive and insertive.

Since the year 2000, better quality studies have seemed to prove that this was not possible. So doubt was thrown on the thoroughness of the investigators who published their papers in the 90's. As you understand HIV was a big scare then and everyone was just jumping on the scare-wagon.

No one has ever been able to assign a risk percentage to getting HIV from oral sex simply because there was insufficient data. The only number ever bounced around was 0.04%. Even this number has 2 important caveats. First, it is not a real risk but more a calculated risk using very complicated mathematical instruments. Secondly, it ONLY refers to gay men who practice receptive oral sex!!

Getting infected with HIV from cunnilingus, annulingus or insertive oral sex has never been proven.

Even with this body of evidence or lack thereof, doctors will definitely still tell you there is a risk and ask you to get tested. That is simply practical medicine. The kiasu cover backside method.

But before you go "yoohoo! Dr Tan said oral sex is safe!" please read Mr. Big Sexy's final line. You can get all sorts of other STDs from oral sex like Herpes, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia etc

Play with caution.
Old 31-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 144 / Power: 12
FUYANG deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyFUYANG deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

support this thread
Old 31-01-2015, 09:05 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 144 / Power: 12
FUYANG deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyFUYANG deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorTan View Post
This whole business about whether or not you can get HIV from oral sex is very complicated and even the so-called HIV experts around the world cannot agree.

In the 1990's there were several case reports and case series reports on people getting HIV from oral sex, both receptive and insertive.

Since the year 2000, better quality studies have seemed to prove that this was not possible. So doubt was thrown on the thoroughness of the investigators who published their papers in the 90's. As you understand HIV was a big scare then and everyone was just jumping on the scare-wagon.

No one has ever been able to assign a risk percentage to getting HIV from oral sex simply because there was insufficient data. The only number ever bounced around was 0.04%. Even this number has 2 important caveats. First, it is not a real risk but more a calculated risk using very complicated mathematical instruments. Secondly, it ONLY refers to gay men who practice receptive oral sex!!

Getting infected with HIV from cunnilingus, annulingus or insertive oral sex has never been proven.

Even with this body of evidence or lack thereof, doctors will definitely still tell you there is a risk and ask you to get tested. That is simply practical medicine. The kiasu cover backside method.

But before you go "yoohoo! Dr Tan said oral sex is safe!" please read Mr. Big Sexy's final line. You can get all sorts of other STDs from oral sex like Herpes, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia etc

Play with caution.
thanks Doctor Tan!
Old 08-02-2015, 10:21 PM
Samster

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 81 / Power: 12
linrx deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Again, a decade has passed since this thread started, today I found myself sitting in a job that requires me supporting "Dr Tan" perhaps, more specifically it may very well be my job scope simply posting the official website of the Health Promotion Board that everybody knows of: http://www.hpb.gov.sg/HOPPortal/dandc-article/2144; honestly, people can believe in anything or everything from supramundane beings till the smallest of tests, I myself never really survived entirely all these tests I only got sicker and sicker so today when I even get the chance replying this post it's because I'm less sick today, job scope changes, and here is the Facebook then if anybody is more savvy than what is imagined: https://www.facebook.com/hpbsg
Old 09-02-2015, 09:08 AM
Samster

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 361 / Power: 12
pleasurehobby is a living Saint! - you won't find betterpleasurehobby is a living Saint! - you won't find betterpleasurehobby is a living Saint! - you won't find betterpleasurehobby is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurios View Post
Wise words bro.

Always weights the long term risks against the short term pleasure.

When is doubt, be safe.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:02 AM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
l2krence deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Unhappy Re: All you need to know about HIV

Guys,
Recently, I just have an unprotected sex with a prostitute.
But she claim that she only had sex with condom all the time.
And after 1 or 2 weeks, I fell sick.
I dunno how I get sick because I am doing exercise all the times.
Sickness include, slight fever, have gums in throat, too much mucus in throat causes the nose to block or flow with mucus, and also sometime, my stomach will become so pain, want to clear shit but no shit at all, but sometime has small small pieces like stone one shit come out..
But after a week, I am ok already but i have still have mucus or gums in my throats.
I only performed unprotected sex with this Thai girl and of course some kissing and licking my nipples..

Do I have the chance to be infected by HIV?
and
how do I ask for HIV test in clinic or hospital?

I so scare as last time when i am sick.
But now i am not sick already but still think am i infected or not..

I don't have any other things like herpes or rash but just a little small part on my hand has itchiness. others part no have..

But before having unprotected sex, already have body itchy...
so I am so confused..

Please help~~

I wish I never go out and fuck!!
Old 07-03-2015, 06:25 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2800 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2krence View Post
Do I have the chance to be infected by HIV?
Whenever unprotected sex takes place with a sex partner of unknown HIV status, there is a possibility that the encounter was with an HIV positive individual and thus there is a chance you may have caught the virus.

The only way to find out is to get tested after the appropriate window period.

Quote:
how do I ask for HIV test in clinic or hospital?
The best place to go would be for anonymous testing at DSC or you can contact the forum's resident doctor.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates

Last edited by sammyboyfor; 07-03-2015 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:52 AM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

unprotected sex always carry a risk, get yourself checked a month after exposure and then again in 3 month.

lke sam suggested, you can either go to afa
or visit dr tan, the forum's resident doctor.

for more info on the type of test and fees .. click here

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2krence View Post
Guys,
Recently, I just have an unprotected sex with a prostitute.
But she claim that she only had sex with condom all the time.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 17-05-2015, 07:19 AM

Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

New antibody suppresses HIV for 28 days after single dose
http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/n...gle-dose130415

A new lab-made antibody can suppress HIV for up to 28 days after only a single dose, researchers at the Rockefeller University in New York have found.

Their work was published in the journal Nature on 8 April and was the first time that a new generation of HIV antibodies had been tested in humans.

'We conclude that, as a single agent, 3BNC117 is safe and effective in reducing HIV-1 viraemia, and that immunotherapy should be explored as a new modality for HIV-1 prevention, therapy and cure,' wrote the study's lead author, Michel Nussenzweig.

'The goal is a once-a-year shot for prevention and a combination approach for cure,' he added, much like cancer treatment.

The 3BN117 antibody shows activity against 195 out of 237 HIV strains and earlier work demonstrated that it can prevent or suppress infection in mouse and non-human primate models of HIV.

In the new study, 17 HIV-infected and 12 uninfected individuals were injected with a single dose of the antibody and monitored for 56 days.

At the highest dosage level, 30 milligrams per kilogram of weight, all eight infected individuals treated showed up to 300-fold decreases in the amount of virus measured in their blood.

HIV antibodies previously tested in humans had disappointing results but 3BNC117 belongs to a new generation of broadly neutralizing antibodies.

'What’s special about these antibodies is that they have activity against over 80% of HIV strains and they are extremely potent,' said Marina Caskey, assistant professor of clinical investigation in the Nussenzweig lab and co-first author of the study.

Broadly neutralizing antibodies are produced naturally in some 10 to 30% of people with HIV – but only after several years of infection. By that time the virus has usually developed a resistance.

But by isolating and cloning these antibodies, researchers were able to harness them as therapeutic agents against HIV infections that have had less time to prepare.

'In contrast to conventional antiretroviral therapy, antibody-mediated therapy can also engage the patient’s immune cells, which can help to better neutralize the virus,' said co-first author Florian Klein, also assistant professor of clinical investigation in the Nussenzweig laboratory.

Nussenzweig's group has produced a second HIV antibody and hopes to test it alone and in combination with 3BNC117 this year.

Old 18-05-2015, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 620 / Power: 11
DoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to allDoctorTan is a name known to all

Thanks for the up-to-date.

This news has been around for a while now and was presented in the last AIDS conference.

These antibodies are special in that they are known as "Broadly Neutralizing Antibodies". In other words, they target proteins bits that are found on most HIV strains.

I wouldn't be quite jumping for joy yet. Although they have been shown to be able to provide a time limited functional cure, they have yet to be shown to address the holy grail of an all out cure i.e. the infection reservoir.

That said, it has many advantages over the current ART eg don't need to take pills everyday, fewer side effects etc

What is really exciting is if this can be coupled with the "kick and kill" approach where we can force the HIV virus out of the infection reservoir, we could be looking at an easy all out cure.
Old 18-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 40 / Power: 0
DoctorVChia deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

To add to the conversation, here's the paper:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4133787/

Some quick observations:

Study was performed on macaques using SHIV viral stock, which is nowhere near human studies as yet. Also, interesting to note that the rebound viraemia was controlled using a second cycle of monoclonal Ab.

Administration of monoclonal Ab also raised CD4 counts, especially in animals with late-stage disease - albeit transiently.
Old 22-07-2015, 07:14 AM

French teen’s HIV in remission despite stopping treatment as a child
By Lenny Bernstein July 20, 2015
http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...c09_story.html

A French teenager’s HIV infection is still in remission more than 11 years after her medications were discontinued, the longest hiatus on record for a young person and the best indication yet that long-term interruption of the infection is possible in children, a researcher revealed Monday.

The virus has been undetectable in the teenager’s blood since she was 21 months old, according to the information presented Monday at the 2015 International AIDS Society conference in Vancouver, B.C. She is now older than 18 and has not received anti-HIV medication since she was almost 6. A blood test shortly before her seventh birthday showed no presence of the virus.

Asier Sáez-Cirión, an assistant professor at the Pasteur Institute in Paris who conducted the research, was quick to note that the unidentified teen is not cured of HIV infection and that experts are not sure what caused her lengthy remission. “This girl is in remission,” Sáez-Cirión said in an interview. “She’s not cured.”

Nevertheless, the case presents a number of possibilities for researchers seeking further progress against HIV, said Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health.

“There’s no measurable immunological reason why the [teen] is controlling” the virus, Fauci said. “But the [teen] is obviously controlling it.”

In 2013, doctors reported that they had achieved a “functional cure” for the HIV infection in a Mississippi girl who was put on anti-retroviral therapy within hours of her birth. But in July 2014 — 27 months after her aggressive treatment ended — her doctors announced that she had tested positive for HIV, a setback for researchers seeking to cure a disease that affects 35 million people around the world.

A very small number of adults infected with HIV have been known to live many years without detectable levels of the virus in their blood despite ceasing treatment. Known as “elite controllers,” they have been studied in an effort to determine how they naturally keep their viral loads in check. In children, such a response is even more rare.

Steven Deeks, a professor of medicine at the University of California at San Francisco, said further research must rule out the possibility that the teen is an elite controller, determine the mechanism of control and try to predict who might benefit from the same approach.

Like the Mississippi child, the French teen was treated aggressively with anti-retroviral medication shortly after she was born to an HIV-infected mother whose illness was not controlled.

In this case, the girl was given the drug zidovudine as a preventive measure for six weeks after birth, when treatment was suspended. The virus was first detected in her blood at the age of 4 weeks, and her viral load peaked at 3 months, when she began receiving a regimen of four drugs.

Shortly before she turned 6, her family discontinued the combination therapy. A year later, she was tested again, and no virus was detected in her blood. A decision was made not to resume the medication.

áez-Cirión noted the interruption in the girl’s treatment between 6 weeks and 3 months of age. Perhaps that allowed her to develop some kind of immunity, Sáez-Cirión said.

But if that’s true, Fauci noted, evidence of an immune response is not showing up in her blood tests.

Fauci pointed out that the child’s combination treatment began at three months “during what would be the functional equivalent of an acute infection,” when her viral load was very high. He wondered whether that timing helped her develop protection from the virus.

Sáez-Cirión said he learned of the teen’s case after following the announcement of the Mississippi child’s remission.

There is no way to predict the length of the teen’s remission, Sáez-Cirión said. She very well may live a normal life span, he said, but as she ages, her immune system is likely to weaken.

“Once people have been in remission for a couple of years, chances . . . are going to be higher,” he said.

Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1