The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Matters of the Heart.

Notices

Matters of the Heart. Has a Commercial Fuck turned into a torrid Love Affair which has turned your life upside down? Fear not. We have experts here who can help you through your roller coaster ride. Tell us your story and we'll do our best to help.

User Tag List

Old 29-10-2020, 10:33 AM
Samster (M)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
wujigege deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Divorce settlement data - WC education thread

Hi all, thought I start a thread about this since it is becoming common. Wondering if fellow samsters can share about their divorce settlement data. I saw a lawyer myself, and while WC applies in Singapore, the lawyer also mentioned that when it comes to division of assets, it is not as simple as taking the husband’s assets and divide it by two. Basically, the marital assets of both wife and husband are added up and divided from there. Wanted to dispel some myths (and fears) of WC. Would be helpful if divorced bros could share their experiences under these fields:

Length of marriage:
Number of kids:
Was wife working when divorce happened? What salary bracket if so?
Custody of kids: (under wife or husband)
Monthly maintenance:
Mode: contested divorce or uncontested
Marital property: (sold and split proceeds, or given to wife)
Old 29-10-2020, 10:21 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2652 / Power: 15
JacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Divorce settlement data - WC education thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wujigege View Post
Hi all, thought I start a thread about this since it is becoming common. Wondering if fellow samsters can share about their divorce settlement data. I saw a lawyer myself, and while WC applies in Singapore, the lawyer also mentioned that when it comes to division of assets, it is not as simple as taking the husband’s assets and divide it by two. Basically, the marital assets of both wife and husband are added up and divided from there. Wanted to dispel some myths (and fears) of WC. Would be helpful if divorced bros could share their experiences under these fields:

Length of marriage:
Number of kids:
Was wife working when divorce happened? What salary bracket if so?
Custody of kids: (under wife or husband)
Monthly maintenance:
Mode: contested divorce or uncontested
Marital property: (sold and split proceeds, or given to wife)

Length of marriage: >10 years
Number of kids: 0, no sex for at least 7 years before divorce.
Was wife working when divorce happened? What salary bracket if so?: yes. 7k range i make lesser but i pay for all the bills at home so she was able to use this as reason to maintain her lifestyle after divorce with the WC.
Custody of kids: (under wife or husband) no kids
Monthly maintenance: nil. Came at huge cost with strategy.
Mode: contested divorce or uncontested. Uncontested divorce. Ex wife found new bf in a rush to divorce was more open to lesser demands. Leveraged on this. Paid about 70k to ex wife in cash and shares to prevent her from asking for maintenance. She moved on to her new european bf.
Marital property: (sold and split proceeds, or given to wife) i lost everything.
Summary: WC very powerful. It doesn't matter if she has an affair or not. WC requires men to pay. But at least I am free from the nightmare now.
Old 29-10-2020, 11:52 PM
Samster (Donor)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3947 / Power: 48
Penguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond repute

Length of marriage: 15 years

Number of kids: 2, both under 12

Was wife working when divorce happened? Yes

What salary bracket if so? Roughly $90k/year all-in. I earn about twice that

Custody of kids: (under wife or husband): Joint custody, so she has visitation rights but I have care and control. Ex-wife wanted to set up another family with her new boyfriend as soon as possible, so she effectively walked out on the kids.

Monthly maintenance: NIL (don't believe idiots who never went through a divorce themselves and tell you what WC can ruin you). The law is quite fair.

Mode: contested divorce or uncontested: Uncontested. Key point being - let the other side see that in a contested divorce, only the lawyers win.

Marital property: (sold and split proceeds, or given to wife): Sold the property then split the proceeds according to the relative proportions that each of us contributed towards the purchase price.

Notes: I did not engage my own lawyer, I basically did up whatever we agreed over whatsapp and forwarded it to her lawyer to draft the agreement and let her sign. Mode of divorce is basically through separation, backdated 3 years. From the initial agreement to divorce to finish (Obtaining final judgement - Decree Nisi) the whole process took less than 6 months and cost me a grand total of $3,000
Old 30-10-2020, 10:25 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1058 / Power: 13
iluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wujigege View Post
Hi all, thought I start a thread about this since it is becoming common. Wondering if fellow samsters can share about their divorce settlement data.
Well since you asked, I shall advise:

Length of marriage: < 10 years

Number of kids: 1

What salary bracket if so? ~ annual salary about 100k

Custody of kids: (under wife or husband): Joint custody (do you even have to ask? it will always be joint unless either side wants to give it up).

Care And Control: (This is the one you should be asking) Child mostly with me, 1 over-night access to the mother (Sat-Sun).

Monthly maintenance: NIL, well she tried very hard (through her lawyer who likes to take the bull by the horns) and laid claims to everything, even those that belong to my family. End of the day, she had to walked away only with her fair share of our matrimonial assets (meaning either she paid for it or I deem to be fair so I don't wish to contest).

Mode: contested divorce or uncontested: Nearly contested, mediation sessions (at family court) failed so proceed with trial. During the pre-trial conference, settled out of court, basically she cited very unfair settlement.

Marital property: (sold and split proceeds, or given to wife): Sold my share (determined in accordance to the ratio we paid) of the property to my ex-wife.

Your lawyer is correct about 'woman's charter' despite what some samsters here posted, it is actually quite fair. I don't know maybe some of them engage stupid lawyers or lawyers that don't really care.

I was lucky because someone in my side of the family is lawyer so I was recommended my lawyer and I got a free legal counsel.
Old 30-10-2020, 09:39 PM
Samster

JacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond reputeJacqueMerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Tips to more advantage on divorce.

1. Let your to be ex wife divorce because she 'wanted to start a new marriage with someone else'. Thus embark on a divorce only because she has found someone new whom she wants to move on to. It will be even better if she's already pregnant with the other man's child. This will shorten her leverage in the divorce due to higher stakes to lose.

2. Be adamant on your claims to assets. With point 1 above in place, she lacks the time and resource to waste on an acrimonious lengthy divorce battle. She will not hold on to the fight as vehemently.

3. Let your to be ex wife find the lawyer. Only the lawyer wins in your divorce. With you making a stand in point 2, she will have to pay more in the divorce procedures. Unless you are talking about millions, it is not worth the effort and resource to fight a divorce battle the money she gets back can't even break even in the short term.

4. Be willing to cut loss. Let go some to avoid maintenance. You can't win a divorce because the WC is very powerful. Try overriding a law casted in stone. The lucky ones that either had point 1 or point 3 in their favour will serve to create the impression that it's a fair game. You only have 1 shot. Miss it and you will be shackled for a long time with the maintenance bills from your ex wife. Remember you can go to jail if you can't pay.

All the best to all who are fighting a divorce.
Old 31-10-2020, 11:10 AM
Samster

iluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacqueMerlin View Post
Tips to more advantage on divorce.

1. Let your to be ex wife divorce because she 'wanted to start a new marriage with someone else'. Thus embark on a divorce only because she has found someone new whom she wants to move on to. It will be even better if she's already pregnant with the other man's child. This will shorten her leverage in the divorce due to higher stakes to lose.

2. Be adamant on your claims to assets. With point 1 above in place, she lacks the time and resource to waste on an acrimonious lengthy divorce battle. She will not hold on to the fight as vehemently.

3. Let your to be ex wife find the lawyer. Only the lawyer wins in your divorce. With you making a stand in point 2, she will have to pay more in the divorce procedures. Unless you are talking about millions, it is not worth the effort and resource to fight a divorce battle the money she gets back can't even break even in the short term.

4. Be willing to cut loss. Let go some to avoid maintenance. You can't win a divorce because the WC is very powerful. Try overriding a law casted in stone. The lucky ones that either had point 1 or point 3 in their favour will serve to create the impression that it's a fair game. You only have 1 shot. Miss it and you will be shackled for a long time with the maintenance bills from your ex wife. Remember you can go to jail if you can't pay.

All the best to all who are fighting a divorce.
No offense bro, but I don't agree, especially on the part about not finding lawyer, while it is true that lawyers make their money from your divorce (and you got to pay them whether you win or lose). They are still the professionals it is akin to seeing doctors when you are sick. You get a good lawyer, the process will be relatively easier.

On who to initiate the divorce, I would say it depends on the circumstances. If there is no 3rd party then what you posted don't work?

On advice of my lawyer (and relative) I initiated the divorce because I was told it was better since I have the initative, I can claim what I want and the other party have to defend. That is after we completed our planning and drafting.

My gf was waiting for me to divorce, I told her, give me 2 years max (lawyer's estimate after she attended the mediation sessions) so we were not in a hurry so we were not pressured. The result was I gotten my marriage disolved within 3 months of filing, and spent the next 6 months fighting over how to divide care & control of my child, matriamonial assets and her maintanence.

I guess your personal experience with the women's charter is not good, but as far as I know, what I experienced was pretty in-line with what many others go through (my relative told me, I have no reason to think otherwise). Hence I don't really think Women's Charter is pretty unfair.

In fact I have recommened 3 of my friends so far to my lawyer, it was a positive experience for them as well.
Old 31-10-2020, 12:09 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvbreast View Post
No offense bro, but I don't agree, especially on the part about not finding lawyer, while it is true that lawyers make their money from your divorce (and you got to pay them whether you win or lose). They are still the professionals it is akin to seeing doctors when you are sick. You get a good lawyer, the process will be relatively easier.

On who to initiate the divorce, I would say it depends on the circumstances. If there is no 3rd party then what you posted don't work?

On advice of my lawyer (and relative) I initiated the divorce because I was told it was better since I have the initative, I can claim what I want and the other party have to defend. That is after we completed our planning and drafting.

My gf was waiting for me to divorce, I told her, give me 2 years max (lawyer's estimate after she attended the mediation sessions) so we were not in a hurry so we were not pressured. The result was I gotten my marriage disolved within 3 months of filing, and spent the next 6 months fighting over how to divide care & control of my child, matriamonial assets and her maintanence.

I guess your personal experience with the women's charter is not good, but as far as I know, what I experienced was pretty in-line with what many others go through (my relative told me, I have no reason to think otherwise). Hence I don't really think Women's Charter is pretty unfair.

In fact I have recommened 3 of my friends so far to my lawyer, it was a positive experience for them as well.
You had an easier time with negotiations, I am thankful you didn't have to face the brunt of the WC. The statutory arrangements of the WC is not fair and works against the men. This remains the fundamentals of divorce. But the impact can be mitigated through an empathetic judge, a more reasonable to be ex wife and good lawyers. But such privileges are not to be taken for granted. That 1 shot you have if missed will ruin your life for a long time. How many years of life do you have to risk the probability? I am glad you took that shot well and your circumstances weren't intentionally tipped against you to use the full force of the WC.
Old 31-10-2020, 12:31 PM
Samster

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1140 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4028 / Power: 22
Xgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond repute

I think it will be better to share the names of the lawyers who can give guys good advice during the process and get good outcomes for guys at the end. Please add name of law firm too. Better for those who may need the info now or in future.
Old 31-10-2020, 01:34 PM
Samster (B)

My Reputation: Points: 119 / Power: 0
chachachang4 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guychachachang4 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgenre View Post
I think it will be better to share the names of the lawyers who can give guys good advice during the process and get good outcomes for guys at the end. Please add name of law firm too. Better for those who may need the info now or in future.
Better send by PM.
Lawyers cannot advertise or get exposure indirectly from forums in disguised advertising. Instead of helping them you will get them into trouble instead.
Just send by PM if you want to recommend.
Old 31-10-2020, 06:08 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 185 / Power: 17
popeye21 is a Helpful and Caring Samsterpopeye21 is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Length of marriage: 6 years
Number of kids: 3
Was wife working when divorce happened? yes

What salary bracket if so? $2k plua
Custody of kids: joint custody. she gets care and control

Monthly maintenance: $440 per child plus 130 for insurance rider for all 3 child.

Mode: contested divorce

Marital property: house split 50/50. pay alimony of $12500. muslim divorce.all settle. watever she claim was rejected. both side engaged lawyer. mine was around 7k. maintenance 3k. divorce around 4k
Old 02-11-2020, 05:44 PM
Samster

Quote:
You had an easier time with negotiations, I am thankful you didn't have to face the brunt of the WC. The statutory arrangements of the WC is not fair and works against the men. This remains the fundamentals of divorce. But the impact can be mitigated through an empathetic judge, a more reasonable to be ex wife and good lawyers. But such privileges are not to be taken for granted. That 1 shot you have if missed will ruin your life for a long time. How many years of life do you have to risk the probability? I am glad you took that shot well and your circumstances weren't intentionally tipped against you to use the full force of the WC.
Thank you for your well wishes bro JacqueMerlin, no the privileges you mentioned in your post are not to be taken for granted.

It was not an easy divorce, we were preparing for trial because negotiations broke down during the mediation sessions at the family court.

You are correct that I never really felt the brunt of WC against me, such that I had judgement made. It was because the ex felt no point fighting on (from her lawyer to mine) in court. According my lawyer we would win anyway.

If you read my other posts, it was a very lousy time in my life thus far. I was losing my job, my marriage sucked big time, very unreasonable issue comes out everyday.

I met my current wife, she was there for me to encourage me. It was then I realized, we only have 1 life, why not make lead a happy one?

The next I went to see my lawyer and started to plan, you cannot imagine the rage my ex flew into when she found I had a gf. It was not that my ex love me, it was because she felt she was so good, why in the world I would leave her for another?

Yup, we only have 1 shot at divorcing, that is why I earlier posted, get a good lawyer, and more importantly be very frank with your lawyer. My relative told me this, judges and lawyers, we are people also. To us (this is) just a job. As long as what you claim is reasonable (based on the facts submitted, which the other party cannot dispute) just stand firm and even if it is to enter judgement, it will not be too far from what you claimed.

My advice, before seeing your lawyer, think hard, what do you wish to retain? Everybody wants the child, the house and cash etc, but which is the most important. Think through and spell it out to your lawyer and let them advise if you have a good chance of getting what you want.

Last edited by iluvbreast; 02-11-2020 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Added
Old 03-11-2020, 01:18 PM
Samster

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 411 / Power: 12
ahgore is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahgore is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahgore is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahgore is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahgore is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Length of marriage: >10 years
Number of kids: 0, no sex for at least 7 years before divorce.
Was wife working when divorce happened? What salary bracket if so?: yes. 7k range i make lesser but i pay for all the bills at home so she was able to use this as reason to maintain her lifestyle after divorce with the WC.
Custody of kids: (under wife or husband) no kids
Monthly maintenance: nil. Came at huge cost with strategy.
Mode: contested divorce or uncontested. Uncontested divorce. Ex wife found new bf in a rush to divorce was more open to lesser demands. Leveraged on this. Paid about 70k to ex wife in cash and shares to prevent her from asking for maintenance. She moved on to her new european bf.
Marital property: (sold and split proceeds, or given to wife) i lost everything.
Summary: WC very powerful. It doesn't matter if she has an affair or not. WC requires men to pay. But at least I am free from the nightmare now.
No wonder pm lee so obedient to hc.
Old 03-11-2020, 01:22 PM
Samster

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 411 / Power: 12
ahgore is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahgore is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahgore is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahgore is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahgore is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvbreast View Post
Well since you asked, I shall advise:

Length of marriage: < 10 years

Number of kids: 1

What salary bracket if so? ~ annual salary about 100k

Custody of kids: (under wife or husband): Joint custody (do you even have to ask? it will always be joint unless either side wants to give it up).

Care And Control: (This is the one you should be asking) Child mostly with me, 1 over-night access to the mother (Sat-Sun).

Monthly maintenance: NIL, well she tried very hard (through her lawyer who likes to take the bull by the horns) and laid claims to everything, even those that belong to my family. End of the day, she had to walked away only with her fair share of our matrimonial assets (meaning either she paid for it or I deem to be fair so I don't wish to contest).

Mode: contested divorce or uncontested: Nearly contested, mediation sessions (at family court) failed so proceed with trial. During the pre-trial conference, settled out of court, basically she cited very unfair settlement.

Marital property: (sold and split proceeds, or given to wife): Sold my share (determined in accordance to the ratio we paid) of the property to my ex-wife.

Your lawyer is correct about 'woman's charter' despite what some samsters here posted, it is actually quite fair. I don't know maybe some of them engage stupid lawyers or lawyers that don't really care.

I was lucky because someone in my side of the family is lawyer so I was recommended my lawyer and I got a free legal counsel.
Bro. Can pm me your lawyer contacts?
Old 03-11-2020, 01:41 PM
Samster

https://www.singaporelawwatch.sg/Hea...-than-500-cash

Someone didn't take his shot carefully.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:30 PM
Samster

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1140 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4028 / Power: 22
Xgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Someone didn't take his shot carefully.
This case is somewhat different. This guy is an EP and his wife has worked in his firm. She may have ready assess to the records of his billings and the billings of his team. His income is easily traceable. Plus declaring he has less than $500 is just extreme. Asking for trouble.

In most divorces, I think the wife will find it much harder to prove the income of the husband.

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1