The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 13-08-2005, 12:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about HIV

INFECTIOUS DISEASES ACT (CHAPTER 137) - Sexual intercourse by person with AIDS or HIV Infection

23. -(1) A person who knows that he has AIDS or HIV Infection shall not have sexual intercourse with another person unless, before the sexual intercourse takes place, the other person -

(a) has been informed of the risk of contracting AIDS or HIV Infection from him; and

(b) has voluntarily agreed to accept that risk.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 2 years or to both.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(3) For the purposes of this section, a person shall not, only by reason of age, be presumed incapable of having sexual intercourse.

(4) For the purposes of this section and section 24, a person shall be deemed to know that he has AIDS or HIV Infection if a serological test or any other prescribed test for the purpose of ascertaining the presence of HIV Infection carried out on him has given a positive result and the result was communicated to him.

(5) In this section, “sexual intercourse” means -

(a) sexual connection occasioned by the introduction into the vagina, anus or mouth of any person of any part of the penis of another person; or

(b) cunnilingus

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here

Last edited by Big Sexy; 13-08-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 13-08-2005, 12:39 PM

Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

INFECTIOUS DISEASES ACT (CHAPTER 137) - Blood donation and other acts by person with AIDS or HIV Infection

24. -(1) Any person who knows that he has AIDS or HIV Infection shall not -

(a) donate blood at any blood bank in Singapore; or

(b) do any act which is likely to transmit or spread AIDS or HIV Infection to another person.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $50,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 2 years or to both.

Last edited by Big Sexy; 13-08-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Old 13-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Samster

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 66 / Power: 19
daneman deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Bro Big Sexy,
Thanks for the info. Hopefully, this will make other bros more cautious of the actions they take. Please, if you had a risky exposure, go take a test. It can save your life, and others you love and treasure.
Wednesdays: 6.30 to 8.00 pm
Saturdays: 1.30 to 3.30 pm
DSC Clinic at Kelantan Lane
(except on public holidays)
Old 13-08-2005, 12:41 PM

INFECTIOUS DISEASES ACT (CHAPTER 137) - Protection of identity of person with AIDS, HIV Infection or other sexually transmitted disease

25. -(1) Any person who, in the performance or exercise of his functions or duties under this Act, is aware or has reasonable grounds for believing that another person has AIDS or HIV Infection or is suffering from a sexually transmitted disease or is a carrier of that disease shall not disclose any information which may identify the other person except -

(a) with the consent of the other person;

(b) when it is necessary to do so in connection with the administration or execution of anything under this Act;

(c) when ordered to do so by a court;

(d) to any medical practitioner or other health staff who is treating or caring for the other person;

(e) to any blood, organ, semen or breast milk bank that has received or will receive any blood, organ, semen or breast milk from the other person;

(f) for statistical reports and epidemiological purposes if the information is used in such a way that the identity of the other person is not made known;

(g) to the victim of a sexual assault by the other person;

(h) to the Controller of Immigration for the purposes of the Immigration Act (Cap. 133);

(i) to the next-of-kin of the other person upon the death of such person;

(j) to any person or class of persons to whom, in the opinion of the Director, it is in the public interest that the information be given; or

(k) when authorised by the Minister to publish such information for the purposes of public health or public safety.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $2,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 months or to both.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(3) For the purposes of subsection (1) (a), the consent of the other person includes -

(a) if that person has died, the written consent of that person’s spouse, personal representative, administrator or executor;

(b) if that person is below the age of 16 years, the written consent of a parent or legal guardian of that person; and

(c) if, in the opinion of the medical practitioner who undertook the test for HIV Infection for that person, he has a disability by reason of which he appears incapable of giving consent, the written consent in the following order, of -

(i) a legal guardian of that person;

(ii) the spouse of that person;

(iii) a parent of that person; or

(iv) an adult child of that person.

Last edited by Big Sexy; 13-08-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 13-08-2005, 12:44 PM

and there is a new LAW which will inform spouses of partners who contracted HIV and AIDS

Spouses who are unaware that their partners are HIV positive will be told of the diagnosis.

The Senior Minister of State for Health, Dr Balaji Sadasivan, said this was necessary to protect the health of spouses.

He said the Communicable Disease Centre was currently going through its records of HIV positive and AIDS patients to inform spouses who do not know.

Dr Balaji was speaking at an ethics seminar for doctors.

Dr Balaji said: "Doctors have a duty to their patient to maintain confidentiality. They also have a duty to protect the spouse from getting infected.

Link provided by bro daneman
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stor.../157931/1/.html

Old 13-08-2005, 12:45 PM

bro..you have done a good job as well.. do post more here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneman
Bro Big Sexy,
Thanks for the info. Hopefully, this will make other bros more cautious of the actions they take. Please, if you had a risky exposure, go take a test. It can save your life, and others you love and treasure.

Old 13-08-2005, 12:49 PM

INFECTIOUS DISEASES ACT (CHAPTER 137) - Disclosure by Director, medical practitioner and recipient of information

25A. -(1) The Director may disclose any information relating to any person whom he reasonably believes to be infected with AIDS or HIV Infection to -

(a) any medical practitioner or other health staff who has been exposed to a risk of infection from AIDS or HIV Infection; or

(b) any first responder who has experienced a significant exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials of any patient.

(2) In subsection (1), “first responder” means any police officer, member of the Singapore Civil Defence Force or any person who provides emergency response, first aid care or other medically related assistance either in the course of the person’s occupational duties or as a volunteer.

(3) Subject to subsection (4), a medical practitioner may disclose information relating to any person whom he reasonably believes to be infected with AIDS or HIV Infection to the spouse, former spouse or other contact of the infected person or to a Health Officer for the purpose of making the disclosure to the spouse, former spouse or other contact.

(4) The medical practitioner shall not disclose any information under subsection (3) unless -

(a) he reasonably believes that it is medically appropriate and that there is a significant risk of infection to the spouse, former spouse or other contact;

(b) he has counselled the infected person regarding the need to notify the spouse, former spouse or other contact and he reasonably believes that the infected person will not inform the spouse, former spouse or other contact; and

(c) he has informed the infected person of his intent to make such disclosure to the spouse, former spouse or other contact.

(5) Where the medical practitioner is unable, by any reasonable means, to counsel or inform the infected person, he may apply to the Director to waive the requirements of subsection (4) (b) or (c) or both.

(6) The Director may approve the application made under subsection (5) if, in the opinion of the Director, it is medically appropriate to disclose the information and that there is a significant risk of infection to the spouse, former spouse or other contact.

(7) No person, to whom any information relating to a person who is reasonably believed to be infected with AIDS or HIV Infection has been disclosed under this section, shall disclose such information to any person other than the persons specified in subsection (8) or as provided in subsection (10).

(8) The persons referred to in subsection (7) are -

(a) the infected person himself;

(b) a person who is authorised under section 25 (1) (a) to consent to such disclosure; and

(c) any person who is authorised to disclose such information under subsection (1), (3) or (6) or section 25 (1).

(9) Any person who contravenes subsection (7) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 months or to both.

(10) A person, to whom any information relating to a person who is reasonably believed to be infected with AIDS or HIV Infection has been disclosed under this section, may apply to the Director for approval to disclose such information to any person or class of persons.

(11) The Director may approve the application under subsection (10) if he is satisfied that such disclosure is in the interests of public health or public safety.

Old 13-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Samster

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 66 / Power: 19
daneman deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy
bro..you have done a good job as well.. do post more here..
Thanks bro...just here to help. Ignorance is harmful. The more info bros here have...the better. Dun worry, i will be here often to see which bro need more info and advice.
Wednesdays: 6.30 to 8.00 pm
Saturdays: 1.30 to 3.30 pm
DSC Clinic at Kelantan Lane
(except on public holidays)
Old 15-08-2005, 08:08 AM

HIV/AIDS STATISTICS in SG till 2004

extracted from http://www.hpb.gov.sg/aids/index.htm

The total number of HIV/AIDS cases diagnosed in Singapore as of Dec 2004 is 2386. The year 2004 has had the highest number of HIV infected persons, at 311. Although this appears low, the World Health Organisation (WHO) estimates that the actual figure is likely to be 3 times higher. Hence, this current number is only the tip of the iceberg.

Of the total number of diagnosed cases, 910 are asymptomatic carriers, 593 have full-blown AIDS and 883 have died.

To date, the heterosexual route remains the main mode of HIV transmission in Singapore. The majority of the infected people are male, the gender ratio being eight males to one female. 60% of these males are single. However, 61% of the females are married.

Although many advances have been made in the frontier of treatment, a cure or vaccine for HIV/AIDS has yet to be found. Until then, prevention of further infections through the dissemination of accurate information and education remains the best way to contain the disease.

Old 20-08-2005, 08:17 AM

More on HIV/AIDS STATISTICS in SG
extract from http://www.moh.gov.sg/corp/publicati...tistics/hiv.do 20 Aug 2005 0818hours

New cases of HIV infection reported in 2004

1. In 2004, another 311 Singaporeans were detected to be HIV infected. About 93% of the new cases detected this year were males and 7% were females.

2. Sexual transmission remains the main mode of HIV transmission among Singaporeans. This year saw a significant increase in number of new cases via homosexual transmission compared to previous years. Of the 311 cases reported this year, 300 cases acquired the infection through the sexual route with heterosexual transmission accounting for 66% of infections, homosexual transmission 23% and bisexual transmission 7%. The remaining 4% was due to intravenous drug use (7 cases) and perinatal transmission (4 cases). Among those who acquired the infection through the sexual route, about 83% had sexual exposure to prostitutes (locally and overseas) and/or casual sex partners.

3. Those aged between 30 to 49 years of age accounted for about 57% of all new cases reported this year. Those aged between 50 to 59 years accounted for 14%, and 20 to 29 years accounted for 15% of new cases this year. Of the new cases, about 60% were single while about 26% were married, 9% were divorced and 5% were widowed.

Total number of HIV infected Singaporeans

4. This brings the total number of HIV infected Singaporeans including 22 children to 2386 as of end 2004 (Table 1). Of these, 910 are asymptomatic carriers, 593 have full-blown AIDS and 883 have died.

5. Heterosexual transmission has been the most common mode of HIV transmission among Singaporeans since 1991 (Table 2). Most of these cases contracted the infection through casual sex and sex with prostitutes in Singapore and overseas.

6. The majority of the HIV infected Singaporeans are males with 2106 cases; 280 are females (Table 3) giving a sex ratio of about eight males to one female. Among the males, 60% were single at the point of diagnosis. For the females, however, the majority (61%) were married.

7. About 84% are Chinese, 8% Malays, 5% Indians and 3% Others (Table 4). About 19% of the HIV infected Singaporeans were working in the sales and service sector and another 18% were production craftsman and plant/machine assemblers (Table 6).

table 4 link here

http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=table41uw.gif

table 6 link here
http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=table65sb.gif

Last edited by Big Sexy; 20-08-2005 at 08:30 AM.
Old 20-08-2005, 08:18 AM

MINISTRY'S ADVICE

8. The Ministry would like to emphasise that the only way to avoid AIDS is to remain faithful to one's spouse/partner and to avoid casual sex and sex with prostitutes. A HIV infected person looks and feels normal during the early stage of the infection. It is therefore not possible to tell if a person is infected or not by looking at his/her appearance.

9. Persons who engage in high-risk behaviour i.e. multiple sexual partners, casual sex or sex with prostitutes, are advised to use condoms to reduce their risk of HIV infection. Persons who have unprotected sex while engaging in high-risk behaviour are very likely to acquire AIDS and should undergo regular HIV testing so that the disease is detected as early as possible. It is a criminal offence for persons who know that they are infected with the HIV virus not to inform their sex partners of their HIV status before sexual intercourse.

10. The Ministry reminds those who are at risk of being infected with the HIV virus not to donate blood. Those who are at risk of being infected are advised to see their doctors for HIV screening. All women who are pregnant are also encouraged to go for HIV screening so that measures to prevent transmission from mother to infant could be taken early for those who are found to be HIV infected. The identities of persons who come forward for testing and those who are found to be HIV positive will be kept strictly confidential.

11. AIDS is not transmitted through normal day to day contacts with a HIV infected person at home, in school or at the workplace. You cannot get AIDS from coughs, sneezes, shaking hands, hugging, sharing of food and cutlery, sharing of toilets, etc. The AIDS virus has to go directly into your bloodstream before it can infect you.

Old 20-08-2005, 08:20 AM

Table 1 ( number of singaporean reported with HIV infection/Aids (1985 -2004)

or click here
http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=table15wp.gif

Last edited by Big Sexy; 20-08-2005 at 08:31 AM.
Old 20-08-2005, 08:32 AM

Old 20-08-2005, 08:33 AM

Old 21-08-2005, 12:03 PM

extract from yesterday news

Latest figure report on HIV infection/Aids in singapore for first half of 2005 stand as 477 reported cases.... actually figure should be double of it..

Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1