The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List

Old 13-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 454 / Power: 20
Faidenk is a glorious beacon of lightFaidenk is a glorious beacon of lightFaidenk is a glorious beacon of lightFaidenk is a glorious beacon of lightFaidenk is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Khmer Diary

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspa80 View Post
Yep was there from 29th to 2nd. A lot has changed. Did not know that Cafe Sentiment has closed down. Used to be popular and had quite a few branches. Noticed, the branch in Monivong is now occupied by Secret Recipe. Way to go Steven Sim. Used to be my client before the chain grew big in Malaysia. Noticed that Brown Coffee is also doing really well too. My favourite Chinese Restaurant Ly Ky has also moved to a bigger location near the Rock. Also managed to go to Fisherman to meet the boss from Hong Kong, Ah Kei who has recovered from his sickness. Finally the Old Place has built another new branch which is huge.

Relatively peaceful but locals told me that the banks had stopped lending while waiting for the political situation to improve. The same goes with the local businesses..everything is slow.

Will try to meet up with Bro Faidenk in next trip scheduled for Nov. Was quite happy with the lack of traffic policemen covering the major roads. I was driving around without license throughout my stay
I think Secret Recipe in PP is a JY between Malaysia's SR and local celebrity chef Luu Meng who also owns/runs several other F&B outlets (Kanji, Yi Sang etc). I go to SR once in a while to have their lamb stew.

There is an explosion of cafes in PP with Costa Coffee of the UK the latest entrant. Lots of locals getting into the fray as well.

I haven't been to the new Old Place yet but was told it's a ripoff with prices hitting the stratosphere.

Not only were the banks functioning at half pace, ATMs not dispensing money and other piss-on-the-customers acts on several days, the telcos were also doing their best to keep up, calls dropped and SMSes were received only the following day. Many businesses are delaying paying their bills just in case the country goes up in flames. The elections must be costing the country billions in lost productivity and confidence.

Anyway, the show is not entirely over, the aggrieved oppo party, the CNRP with Sam Rainsey at the helm, is organizing several more sit ins. This is the man who promised garment workers to raise the minimum wage of the garment industry to $150 from what, $80? if he won. Well, win or lose, those workers are demanding he makes good that promise.
Old 13-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 48 / Power: 0
kaspa80 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidenk View Post
I think Secret Recipe in PP is a JY between Malaysia's SR and local celebrity chef Luu Meng who also owns/runs several other F&B outlets (Kanji, Yi Sang etc). I go to SR once in a while to have their lamb stew.

There is an explosion of cafes in PP with Costa Coffee of the UK the latest entrant. Lots of locals getting into the fray as well.

I haven't been to the new Old Place yet but was told it's a ripoff with prices hitting the stratosphere.

Not only were the banks functioning at half pace, ATMs not dispensing money and other piss-on-the-customers acts on several days, the telcos were also doing their best to keep up, calls dropped and SMSes were received only the following day. Many businesses are delaying paying their bills just in case the country goes up in flames. The elections must be costing the country billions in lost productivity and confidence.

Anyway, the show is not entirely over, the aggrieved oppo party, the CNRP with Sam Rainsey at the helm, is organizing several more sit ins. This is the man who promised garment workers to raise the minimum wage of the garment industry to $150 from what, $80? if he won. Well, win or lose, those workers are demanding he makes good that promise.
Yes, Secret Recipe is a joint venture with Luu Meng. I think he owns Malis and Almond Hotel as well. He has close ties with a lot of bankers who are always willing to bankroll his new businesses. My old client SL Garment was also affected. It is a Singaporean owned garment factory which always pays above the minimum set wage which is around USD100 to USD110, 20% higher than other factories. On top of that, they provide meals to the staff. Was shocked to see the workers go on strike. They are really asking for the sky now with the CNRP win. If I were a factory owner and has to pay USD150 per staff in Cambodia, might as well just pack up and move to Vietnam or Bangladesh. They are forgetting that electricity, petrol prices, poor productivity and long holidays are just some of the many disadvantages that Cambodia has besides infrastructure. Average salary in Vietnam is only about USD120, Bangladesh and Myanmar about USD60 to USD80. Cambodia is definitely losing its competitive advantage when it comes to cheap labour. But the biggest issue are still the unions that always encourage the staff to picket when it is not necessary.

Yes, I totally agree that businesses were very quiet when I was there. No one is willing to stock up for the political uncertainty has yet to be resolved although the king has requested to meet both parties and their reps. Don't think there will be any positive outcome from that meeting. Also in the opinion that the sit in for 3 days will not be a success too. If I were CNRP, would negotiate for power sharing with govt and hold several impt ministries just like what Funcinpec did. Prove to the people that they can manage the ministries well. Back to supper. Later bro Faidenk.
Old 15-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
Johnkp deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Hi Bros
How about investment property like condo.

Thanks
Old 16-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 28 / Power: 0
humtra deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Hi to all bro

News out one dead after the violent protest.
All bro there thread with great caution!

Take care!!
Old 16-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 25 / Power: 0
levelcool deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

wohhh... sound so serious in PP now
Old 18-09-2013, 03:59 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 13 / Power: 0
kemura deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Hi,
Will be heading up to PP for just one night on the 24th of September (next Tuesday). Would any Bros be free to meet up for post dinner drinks? Just to relax and chat, ladies optional (possibly round 3). Will probably be staying at Subway or the Lux Riverside. Have met up and partied with many bros in several countries so they know that I'm sincere and genuine. First round of beers on me!!
Old 18-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 13 / Power: 0
kemura deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemura View Post
Hi,
Will be heading up to PP for just one night on the 24th of September (next Tuesday). Would any Bros be free to meet up for post dinner drinks? Just to relax and chat, ladies optional (possibly round 3). Will probably be staying at Subway or the Lux Riverside. Have met up and partied with many bros in several countries so they know that I'm sincere and genuine. First round of beers on me!!
Bro Faidenk,

Would you be available to meet up for drinks and to relax?
Old 22-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 454 / Power: 20
Faidenk is a glorious beacon of lightFaidenk is a glorious beacon of lightFaidenk is a glorious beacon of lightFaidenk is a glorious beacon of lightFaidenk is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemura View Post
Bro Faidenk,

Would you be available to meet up for drinks and to relax?

Don't know whether will be able to or not due to work. Will PM u my mobile anyway.
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1