The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk

Notices

Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk With the IRs up and running, what better place to exchange tips and techniques on how to tip the odds in your favour! [Please note that with the passing of the Remote Gambling Act, Internet gambling links and Adverts are no longer allowed in this section.]

Fastgoal Image
Fastgoal : Reliable Score Service

User Tag List

Old 24-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 172 / Power: 21
qbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samsterqbdp is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Manchester United's Headliners, Articles and Rumours

Tevez affair set to go to CAS

THE Carlos Tevez affair has taken a new twist with FIFA recommending the matter be referred to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

World football’s governing body believe their decision is in the best interests of all parties.

FIFA spokesman Andreas Herren said: “The recommendation from FIFA to the FA and the Premier League is to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.”

West Ham were eager for FIFA to get involved in what has become a stalemate in recent weeks, with the London club refusing to sanction the Argentina striker’s proposed move to Manchester United.

Tevez is registered as their player, but businessman Kia Joorabchian claims he owns the 23-year-old’s economic rights and is therefore entitled to his transfer fee.

Fee

The Premier League, however, say the Hammers own the player and therefore must receive any such fee.

FIFA came to their decision following a high level meeting with FA and Premier League officials in Zurich yesterday.

Their legal team considered the case overnight before recommending the Court of Arbitration for Sport rule on the matter.

Herren said: “Under the circumstances it was felt it would be in the best interest of all parties to take this course.

“It looks like being the fastest way of resolving this matter.

“It is not a refusal by FIFA to get involved, quite the contrary. It is a recommendation by FIFA to opt for this way.”

FIFA’s senior legal counsel has been in touch with the Football Association and the Premier League to advise them of their decision.

The recommendation to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport applies to West Ham and Tevez but not Manchester United, who are not regarded as directly involved in the dispute.
Old 25-07-2007, 12:32 AM
Samster

Queiroz calls for creativity

Manchester United assistant Carlos Queiroz has spoken of the importance of playing football with 'fantasy, imagination and creativity'.

United stormed to success last season with some mesmerising attacking play and Queiroz explained that playing in such a way is in the United make-up.

"The Manchester United culture is to win by playing great, creative football. It is all about winning and entertaining. It has always been like that," Queiroz said.

"Sometimes, with so much competition from all the other sports and things like TV, football needs to be innovative to keep the title of the best sporting entertainment. "

Ferguson's number two took a swipe at sides who play more conservatively, pointing out that teams can win trophies playing in an attacking manner.

Queiroz said: "For some time now, the game has moved in one direction. The systems and strategies and the general teams approached the game had become so defensive and cautious.

"That is why it is so important, not just for Manchester United but for the game as a whole, that we won the championship. We proved it is possible to win trophies with an attacking style of football.

"We need to play with fantasy, imagination and creativity. We need to produce attacking football and be sure when we have the trophies in our hands, it is because we deserve it."
Old 25-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Samster

Fergie hints at new Giggs deal

Alex Ferguson has dropped the clearest hint yet Ryan Giggs will be offered the chance to beat Manchester United's all-time appearance record. Giggs is currently 43 games away from matching Bobby Charlton's club best of 759.

Theoretically that could be done next season but in reality, at 33, Giggs is unlikely to be pushed quite so hard. With his contract due to expire in 12 months, there was the real possibility Giggs may leave Old Trafford before he beats Charlton's record.

But, while chief executive David Gill confirmed earlier this week no talks were planned with the former Wales international, Ferguson confirmed both Giggs and fellow veteran Paul Scholes, would be remaining at United for a long time yet.

"The situation with them both is straightforward," said the United boss. "They are both fantastic professionals who have looked after themselves properly. I don't have any doubts about them. They are both going to be playing at a very high level well into their mid-30s, certainly next year and the year after."

While Giggs turned in a man-of-the-match performance in a 6-0 triumph over Shenzhen in Macau yesterday, Scholes was heading back to England for further tests on the knee injury he sustained in Seoul on Friday.

Although Ferguson does not believe the damage to be too serious, the former England star has been ruled out for up to a month, a period which includes the Premier League opener against Reading on August 12th and subsequent trips to Portsmouth and Manchester City.

With fellow midfielder Owen Hargreaves yet to play a part in United's pre-season campaign so far due to his own knee problem, Ferguson could have done without such bad news.

However, Scholes' situation is eclipsed by the row brewing between the Old Trafford outfit and north-west rivals Liverpool over the future of Argentina defender Gabriel Heinze.

United are now examining the possibility that Liverpool made an illegal approach for a player who Reds boss Rafael Benitez has confirmed the Anfield outfit have made a bid for.

"We are examining some of the statements coming from his agent and when contact was first made with Liverpool," said Ferguson.

"We are not happy with the agent's conduct in the matter and we are examining that as well, but it will take a couple of days before we have anything more to say. But our stance has not chance, Gabriel Heinze will not be joining Liverpool."

United have flatly refused to do business with Liverpool, even though Benitez has matched the Red Devils' £6.8million asking price for the 29-year-old.

Although Heinze's agent claims to be in receipt of a letter which effectively gives the defender permission to leave Old Trafford, United chief executive David Gill does not believe it overrides the player's contract, which still has two years to run.

In any case, Gill insists he verbally informed Heinze's agent that United would not be prepared to do business with any of their main Premier League rivals, specifically Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Currently on a short break following his participation at the Copa America, Heinze is said to be considering a legal challenge to Gill's view.
Old 25-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3172 / Power: 22
asiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond repute

United did football a favor - Queiroz

Carlos Queiroz feels Manchester United did the game a favour by winning last term's Premier League with their "entertaining brand of football".

After a four-year drought, the Red Devils roared to their 16th championship trophy on the back of some scintillating free-flowing tactics.
With a host of player of the year awards, Cristiano Ronaldo was undoubtedly United's star man.

But with Wayne Rooney, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and Louis Saha playing major supporting roles at various points of the season, no-one could have complained about the entertainment value at Old Trafford.

United's approach under Sir Alex Ferguson was in marked contrast to the perceived safety-first tactics employed by Jose Mourinho at Chelsea and Rafael Benitez at Liverpool.

And, without mentioning his club's major rivals by name, Queiroz feels in an age where football must compete with all major entertainment industries in a bid to attract supporters, it is fitting United finished last season top of the pile.

"The Manchester United culture is to win by playing great, creative football," said Ferguson's assistant.

"It is about winning and entertaining. It has always been like that.

"Sometimes, with so much competition from all the other sports and things like TV, football needs to be innovative to keep the title of the best sporting entertainment.

"For some time now, the game has moved in one direction. The systems and strategies and the general way teams approached the game had become so defensive and cautious.

"That is why it was so important, not just for Manchester United but for the game as a whole, that we won the championship.

"We proved it is possible to win trophies with an attacking style of football."

Queiroz's comments will be greeted with a wry smile by the body of United fans who felt the former Real Madrid coach was behind the decision to abandon the club's traditional all-action 4-4-2 formation a couple of years ago.

Yet Queiroz's stock has risen markedly over the past 12 months.

A key figure in Cristiano Ronaldo's decision to remain with the club following the post-World Cup attacks on the brilliant winger, Queiroz has become a father figure to the 22-year-old.

He was also trusted with the task of travelling to Portugal with chief executive David Gill for the lightning May raid that ended with the capture of highly-rated young duo Anderson and Nani.

Clearly, Ferguson is an admirer of Queiroz's coaching abilities and feels comfortable having him around. It is a respect which is mutual.

"The manager is a great believer in playing an entertaining brand of football," observed Queiroz.

"Of course, we need to have different approaches against teams like Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Juventus. At times we have to be efficient.

"But mainly, Manchester United needs to play with fantasy, imagination and creativity.

"We need to produce attacking football and be sure when we have the trophies in our hands, it is because we deserve it."

Just three games into his side's pre-season programme, Ferguson already needs to fiddle about with his plans for the Premier League opener against Reading on August 12.

The loss of Paul Scholes for up to a month with a knee injury is a blow, especially as Owen Hargreaves is yet to play any major part in training, let alone play a match on United's current Far East tour.

With Anderson not due to train with his new team-mates until they return to England at the weekend, unless Hargreaves' condition suddenly improves over the next fortnight, Ferguson may find himself turning to the trusted talents of long-serving duo Darren Fletcher and John O'Shea as he looks for someone to partner Michael Carrick against the Royals.

May u be blessed with a willing body, monster hard-on, powerful penetrating thrusts, enjoy everlasting orgasm and with each squirt experience a thousand volts of euphoric exaltation throughout your anatomy....
Old 25-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Samster

asiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond reputeasiancigar has a reputation beyond repute

Hargreaves Feels For "Frustrated" Tevez

Owen Hargreaves has sympathized with Carlos Tevez regarding the uncertainty over a proposed move to Manchester United.

The former Bayern Munich man himself had his move to Manchester United put off twice, first last August, and then this January, and knows all about the frustration of an impending move not going through.

Though the specifics are different - Tevez has the additional legal wrangle surrounding his registration to worry about - the new United midfielder can relate to the Argentine international.

"Sometimes these things are difficult," Hargreaves told PA Sport. "We are all aware Carlos Tevez is a fantastic player who is obviously wanted by the club.

"It is tough to say what the situation is at the moment, but once it is sorted out, I am sure he will be eager to come here.

"When a team like Manchester United express their interest it is hard to say no, especially for someone like myself - I dreamt of having an opportunity like this my whole life.

"Every player would love the opportunity to come and play here and I am sure he is exactly the same."

Tevez is currently waiting for clearance from various governing bodies, who are scrutinizing the legality of his registration, and of the proposed move. Crucial developments are expected this week.

Eggert Magnusson has called for a quick resolution, no matter what the outcome, with everyone concerned now looking to settle this once and for all. He also admitted yesterday that they may have to let Tevez move on.

At the moment, a loan move similar to Macherano's to Liverpool is in the works, though the issue will only be permanently settled when a club decide to buy his registration from Kia Joorabchian.

May u be blessed with a willing body, monster hard-on, powerful penetrating thrusts, enjoy everlasting orgasm and with each squirt experience a thousand volts of euphoric exaltation throughout your anatomy....
Old 25-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Samster

Carrick: I had to keep the faith

MICHAEL CARRICK insists he never lost faith in his ability to prove he could be a Manchester United star.

The England midfielder’s £18.6million switch from Spurs last summer raised more than a few eyebrows.

Some quiet early performances put even more question marks over the wisdom of the purchase.

But the longer the season went on the better Carrick got and he became an integral part of United’s title success.

Carrick, 26 on Saturday, said: “Maybe I did prove people wrong. But you can’t think about doing that or it will distract you from your job.

“I know it was a massive move for me but I always believed in myself.

“In fact, I felt more like a United player the longer the season went on.

“I had to get used to the way we play and the different expectations and pressures from what I was used to.

“But if someone said at the start of the campaign I would have a championship medal, play over 50 games and score six goals I’d have taken that.

“Having said that, playing with the players here I always believed we would win the League.

“Going through what I did last season was a great experience. I now know how hard it is to win a title and it was special to do it in my first season.

“But we are not satisfied we have to keep going and keep improving.

“Last season I learned a lot along the way from the likes of Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs about just what it takes to win a title.

“They have been there so long and achieved so many things.

“Those players always look forward and not back and that’s what people like myself have to do now.”

United have strengthened this summer with the arrivals of Nani, Anderson and Owen Hargreaves — while Carlos Tevez could be joining, too.

Carrick believes they had to strengthen as he expects the competition for the title to be even greater this coming campaign.

He added: “When you are the champions everyone wants to beat you even more.

“Liverpool have strengthened with Fernando Torres and I believe Chelsea will be better again. So everyone at United will be on their toes.”

Carrick had an emotional experience on this Far East tour when he joined squad mates Patrice Evra and Darren Gibson on a visit to the Yung Suk Borin Orphanage in Seoul.

Their visit brought huge smiles from the children aged between three and 18.

Carrick said: “When you are on the other side of the world and you see how excited the kids are because you have come to visit them it is very humbling.

“It makes you appreciate what playing football is about.”

Old 25-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Samster

Title Pressure is on Liverpool, Says Mourinho

Jose Mourinho insisted that the pressure will be on Manchester United and, in particular, Liverpool to deliver in the campaign ahead as he reflected on a summer of lavish spending by his leading Premier League rivals and braced himself for a quintet of clubs to challenge for the title.

Chelsea continue their pre-season build-up with a friendly against Feyenoord in Rotterdam tonight having added four players to the first-team squad, only one of whom commanded a fee, the £13.6m winger Florent Malouda. That approach contrasts starkly with the near-£50m spent to date by both United and Liverpool and, while he conceded Sir Alex Ferguson's options have been bolstered, Mourinho risked aggravating his already strained relationship with Rafael Benítez by claiming the onus will be on the Spaniard to secure the Merseysiders' first league championship since 1990.

"Everybody wants that pressure because, when you have, it means you have real chances of succeeding. But you could say the pressure is a bit higher [on Liverpool] because, at this moment, they cannot point at other people," said Mourinho. "In other years they could say: 'Oh, these guys, they've spent a lot of money so they have to win.' This season they have to talk differently. They have high responsibilities and high expectations.

"In the last three years it's been Chelsea and Manchester United in the league, and it's been a long time since Liverpool won the Premiership. So they really want it. I heard something earlier this summer - [Steven] Gerrard, [Jamie] Carragher and [John Arne] Riise saying it has to be this season. That's normal, and positive. I cannot complain about that. Everybody wants to achieve it. We want it too, no problem. But it's been four years with Benítez and they want the Premiership. They don't hide it - Benítez, the players, they all speak about winning the title. I think winning nothing last season was frustrating for them, but they've got a good squad and good players, so they'll be better."

Mourinho backed his own players to regain the title, but he conceded that Tottenham could yet prove their pedigree and mount a sustained assault on the league. "It's just a personal opinion," he said, "but they have more players in the England team's squad than anybody else: [Paul] Robinson, [Ledley] King, [Michael] Dawson, [Aaron] Lennon, [Jermain] Defoe, [Darren] Bent, they're a very good group of players. They've spent money and kept all the important players, even Dimitar Berbatov, who everyone thought would leave. And they will be without pressure, so they should be there, creating a difficult situation for us.

"It is the same with Arsenal. There is no Thierry [Henry], but they were almost without him last season, too, and they have very, very good young players who they can mix with their important experienced players. Not many people expect them to do it, and that could be in their favor. They will see what happens but I think, in the back of their minds, they will believe [they can achieve something].

"Manchester United have kept the same first-team, basically, and have more options now with Nani, Anderson and Owen Hargreaves. If Carlos Tevez goes there, he's another good player for them. They've done their work well this summer. They had money to spend, and they spent it. I know when Chelsea were spending lots of money everybody was jumping. I don't jump because other people spend. They can do what they want with their money. They are contenders for the title, of course, but I still believe Chelsea have the best players in the world."

Haha... loud tunes from a loud person....!!!

Old 25-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Samster

"Keep tinseltown, give us Asia"

America may have the glitz and the glamour, Hollywood and its hullabaloo.

But it is Asia that you will find the true football fan.

So, let the stars come out to paly. Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes, Will Smith... the whole back lot.

As far as David Gill is concerned, he'll trade tinseltown's A-list for Asia's 'blue collar' fans - any time, any day.

It was obvious that the Manchester United Chief Executive was having a dig at Chelsea who recently made the headlines with their 'Paint The Town Blue' Los Angeles Bash.

After all, even as John Terry, Frank Lampard, Didler Drogba and even Jose Mourinho hobnobbed with the celebrity set, Manchester United were slogging it out in tepid conditions in the Far East.

"For the last few years, Chelsea have been living it up in the off season with tours to this and that US city" said Gill.

"Good for them. They've been having a great time, rubbing shoulders with the stars. That's fine with us.

"We're happy here in Asia, playing in front of packed stadiums at every venue."

Gill was referring to the sell-out crowd at Seoul. Official figures had it at 65,000, but according to insiders, more than 70,000 packed the stands to see the Red Devils beat FC Seoul 4-0.

Indeed, the tickets sold out within four hours and, long before match-time, scalpers were peddling their blackmarket tickets ay US$400 apiece.

Added Gill: "We reckon we're doing the right thing. Anyway, we do what's right for us and we're comfortable with the opportunities that come our way. Just like we're comfortable with our history, our ground, ur heritage and the way we play our football".
"Along the same lines, we're comfortable in Asia. Tell me, is America ever going to be as passionate as Asia?. I wouldn't have thought so. Never".

Gill agreed that with American owners holding the purse strings at Old Trafford, it is inevitable that the lads will have to play a few friendlies in the US.

But he drew a line at making US tour a "must" on the team's of-season agenda.

The Old Trafford club is owned by the Glazer family who are as American as hot dogs and apple pie.

"Obviously, with American owners pumping in the money, it makes sense to go stateside at some stage. But I know the Glazers and they wouldn't insist we go there just because they own the club."

Gilld added: "There's a lot of interest and appetite for Premier League football in Asia and for Manchester United in particular. That's where the Glazers see the growth and that's where we will see growth."

Chelsea have the eyes of the world upon them in Hollywood, but Gill is happy to let Peter Kenyon, his old boss, chase the US Dollar.

Nobody has yet found a way to turn significant profits from soccer in the US.

But, with around 40 million fans in Asia, 750,000 Koreans signing up for a club credit card within 16 months of being launched, and a casino in Macau paying about £1m for Ronaldo & Co to make a guest appearance at their establishment, United certainly seem to know where the money is.

They certainly do - which could have been what prompted Gill taunt Chelsea one more time.

"Do your thing in the US."he said. "Because you'll never be as big as us."

Appropriate response... hehe

Old 25-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 42 / Power: 0
MP-5 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

Bro AC

Thanks for the info
Will up you once i can
Old 25-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiancigar View Post
Title Pressure is on Liverpool, Says Mourinho

and it's been a long time since Liverpool won the Premiership. So they really want it. I heard something earlier this summer - [Steven] Gerrard, [Jamie] Carragher and [John Arne] Riise saying it has to be this season....]I think winning nothing last season was frustrating for them
Their fans must be very excited with what Gerrard and co have said eventhough they have heard similar statements for the past 17 years.
Old 25-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Samster

Lawyer says Liverpool may be powerless over Heinze deal

A leading sports law specialist suspects that Liverpool could prove powerless to wrest Gabriel Heinze away from Manchester United. The Argentina left-back still has two years remaining on his contract at Old Trafford and United are refusing to sell him to their close Premiership rivals and north-west neighbours.

"I'd love to know what on earth Liverpool can actually do to require Manchester United to give up their rights under their contract with Heinze," said Peter Goodman, a partner in SA Law of St Albans. Heinze and Liverpool appear to be basing their case on a letter Heinze says Manchester United gave him, stating that he can leave Old Trafford should any other club offer a sum in the region of £6m-£7m.

Meanwhile David Gill, United's chief executive, says this document is "meaningless" - and particularly in the context of Heinze potentially leaving for a principal domestic adversary - arguing that Sir Alex Ferguson would never have countenanced the possibility of such a move.

"Unfortunately we don't know the content of that letter but Liverpool's chances of signing Heinze almost certainly depend on the detail within that note and whether it can be construed as a legally binding commitment to sell him to anyone who offers £6m. The key question is does it replace the original contract," added Goodman, who doubts whether a club as legally savvy as United would have furnished a player with a document worded sufficiently strongly to supersede a key part of his original agreement.

"From what United are saying it seems the letter is not a commitment to sell him. If so, it is difficult to see how Liverpool can succeed," he said. Goodman also explained that Heinze spurned an opportunity, under Fifa regulations, to buy himself out of his contract during a five-week "grace period" at the end of the season when football's ruling body offers restless but contracted players an escape clause, albeit at a price. "One option for Heinze would have been to buy himself out of his contract in accordance with Fifa regulations but he has left it too late, the deadline has passed," said Goodman.

The Liverpool manager, Rafael Benítez, however, remains determined to continue his legal battle. He confirmed he has called in Liverpool's lawyers to try to extricate Heinze from the final two years of his Old Trafford contract, leaving Ferguson facing a possible High Court battle.

Ferguson mounted an angry response to Benítez's move to bring in the lawyers by accusing the player's representatives of going behind the champions' back to try to force the deal through. Benítez refused to be drawn further into the dispute: "I do not want to say any more about that."

Speaking after Liverpool booked their place in the Asia Trophy final after a 3-1 win over the Hong Kong side South China FC, Benítez said: "We have made an offer which United rejected. The matter is now in the hands of our lawyers and we will have to wait and see what happens. He is a player I would like."

Benítez claims he received documentation, signed by a senior United official, confirming Heinze's availability. "A lot of clubs, in many different countries, knew what the situation was," he said. "I do not know what the problem is. We made an offer, they rejected it. I know what they are saying to the press but everyone in the world knows they [United] signed a document."
Old 25-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Samster

Dong ready to take next step and confirm his rise in the East

“We’re signing a Chinese boy, hopefully in the next few weeks, and the minute we do, Jesus Christ . . . We have to be careful with that. Can we cope with another couple of million wanting to support us?” - Sir Alex Ferguson, November 2003

Manchester United can cope all right. As they touch down in Guangzhou this evening for the final leg of their tour to Asia, there will be the usual chaotic scenes at the airport, the locals rubbing their eyes in disbelief as Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney appear; there will be community visits; more media activity than the club would dream of undertaking back home. And for once, a timid youngster named Dong Fangzhou will be thrust into the limelight.

Dong was the boy in question in 2003 as David Gill, the chief executive, talked of an initial £500,000 deal, potentially rising to £3 million, that would “open innumerable possibilities in the Chinese market”. United, who boast 40 million supporters in Asia, feel that it has more than paid for itself, even if others will argue that his impact on their commercial strength in the region has been minimal. But has it been worthwhile for Dong?

An uncapped and unproven teenager, he was, like some cheap manufactured goods, being shipped to Europe for an indefinite period in storage within weeks of signing for United. Specifically he was sent to Royal Antwerp, United’s feeder club, while he waited three years to qualify for a work permit. He did not speak English, let alone Flemish or French, and complained of homesickness. “All I had was my own company and a hotel room,” he said. “I didn’t even have a car.”

In those early days in Antwerp, Dong’s prospects on the pitch were equally bleak, but slowly he improved. Finally, after becoming a regular goal-scorer in the Belgian second division, as well as in pre-season matches for United in Hong Kong and South Africa, he arrived at Old Trafford in January, having been granted a work permit and, more surprisingly, a new three-year contract.

The problem for Dong, who at 22 is older than Ronaldo and Rooney, is that he is regarded by the outside world as a commercial pawn first and a footballer a distant second. Despite a lack of fit strikers at Old Trafford last spring, he did not get beyond the substitutes’ bench until after the league title was won. When he finally played in what had become an academic fixture away to Chelsea, he made no headway against John Terry and, while he is not unique in that regard, this particular contest was embarrassingly one-sided.

Dong, though, still believes he can make the grade with United. “I am trying to prove I am good enough to play for this team,” he said this week. “I need to train hard and work hard, but that is no problem for me. For any Chinese player, it is tough when you move to a new country because of the language and the fact it is a different culture. But while those three years at Antwerp were hard, in a way they may help me because I am used to playing in Europe now.”

To judge from his 30-minute appearance against Shenzhen FC in Macau on Monday, Dong remains a work in progress, but Ferguson expects him to make headway this season. “We expect bigger things from Dong,” the United manager said. “He has tremendous pace and power. He’s a very athletic boy. I think this season we will see a better player.”

Whether Dong will ever be good enough for United - let alone to rival Ronaldo or Rooney in the affections of his fellow Chinese - remains to be seen, but he hopes to have the opportunity to prove himself in their final tour match, against Guangzhou Pharmaceutical on Friday. “It would be fantastic to play for Manchester United in my own country,” he said.

But the real dream is to play regularly for United in the Barclays Premier League. And if he does, then finally, perhaps, Ferguson’s musings about a real explosion of interest in China will be proved right.
Old 26-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Samster

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1566 / Power: 18
DatukSeks has a brilliant futureDatukSeks has a brilliant futureDatukSeks has a brilliant futureDatukSeks has a brilliant futureDatukSeks has a brilliant futureDatukSeks has a brilliant futureDatukSeks has a brilliant futureDatukSeks has a brilliant futureDatukSeks has a brilliant futureDatukSeks has a brilliant futureDatukSeks has a brilliant future

With the Tevez case go to Court, I think Tevez will not be in ManU shirt by 31st Aug

"Untuk melakukan kegiatan seks, wanita perlukan alasan tetapi lelaki hanya perlukan tempat !!"
Old 26-07-2007, 02:54 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 358 / Power: 19
England is a living Saint! - you won't find betterEngland is a living Saint! - you won't find betterEngland is a living Saint! - you won't find betterEngland is a living Saint! - you won't find better

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatukSeks View Post
With the Tevez case go to Court, I think Tevez will not be in ManU shirt by 31st Aug
Agree. Legal tussels take some time
Old 26-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 678 / Power: 21
chickenzip is a splendid one to beholdchickenzip is a splendid one to beholdchickenzip is a splendid one to beholdchickenzip is a splendid one to beholdchickenzip is a splendid one to beholdchickenzip is a splendid one to behold

Sir Alex unhappy with Heinze's lack of loyalty

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson believes that interference from agents could be behind Gabriel Heinze's desire to leave the club.

With the threat of legal action surrounding the proposed transfer, it is a situation that threatens to get ugly but Ferguson insists relations between the Red Devils and Heinze are fine.

'We've looked after Gabi very well,' he told Sky Sports News.

'He had his cruciate knee operation and we looked after him. We let him do his rehabilitation in Spain, which he wanted and I think he's delighted at how we've treated him.

'We've conducted ourselves in a way that suited Gabi perfectly.

'I think that if we could take away the agent's role in this I don't think an awful lot is wrong with Gabi's position at the club.'

'I think that if we could take away the agent's role in this I don't think an awful lot is wrong with Gabi's position at the club.'

Oh Gabi...fight for your place if u are a fighter...leave for the kops if u are such ungrateful...

What's the difference between love, true love and showing off? Spitting, swallowing and gargling.

My story thread
Mediacock Drama , A Sinful Lust...
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1