Thread: Vietnam - HCM
View Single Post
Old 27-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 516 / Power: 20
SingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of lightSingViet is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Vietnam - HCM

Don't worry about banking here. There is HSBC at Dong Khoi Street. With the USD depreciating and expected to depreciate further next year, i think SGD will make a better choice. But remmitance thru HSBC is expensive at US$40 fee. There is another bank that assist foreigners, its a local bank call VietCom Bank. They have branches thru out Vietnam. They also have modern ATMs. But i don't really trust local banks. But take note of currency controls. You can only bank in the amount that is your salary each month or US$3000 with each Immigration form.

As for medication, bring some Po Chai Pills for stomach and some cold tablets. Normal Panadol is available here so don't have to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugi
talking about currencies, company has extended option to us on which currencies we would prefer our salary to be in.. (USD, VND, SGD)? Company is paying cash, so where to store all these $$$? Any advise?

Also, I might need to remit back money to my Singapore bank accounts for Giro deductions and all that, so where and how to do it?

One last question, any medicine or jabs needed before flying over?