Thread: Wife allowance
View Single Post
Old 28-11-2020, 11:24 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 411 / Power: 12
ahgore is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahgore is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahgore is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahgore is a living Saint! - you won't find betterahgore is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: Wife allowance

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvbreast View Post
I see, then you have already given 家用 what. Put in more money into the joint account and pay the bills (you are currently paying) using the joint account money, but put in more that what you need to pay the bills and see what she say lor

Seriously I think you should have another talk to find out the reason she expects an allowance from you, but make it clear is she is asking for her allowance or she is asking for more 家用?

I very much suggest you draw the distinction here, 家用(钱)是养家的,如果老婆是全职家庭主妇,家用就是她的。拿多少自己用,你很难过问,只能谈够或不够。 老婆要是工作,那就是共同养家,给不给她钱是另外一回事。

But when talking, give her the perception that you are doing this because you are concerned of her feelings and you are not negative to maintain her, after all she is your wife, see what she wants and why is she asking for it...I mean you mentioned she may want to keep you from spending money on your CCA because she is suspecting something? Although in mind, where got this thing call fair? It is fair that you live in a Condo but I live in my HDB or it is fair that you drive but I take buses and MRT?

Bottom line if your wife can compare her friends getting an allowance why not compare how much housework her friends do? Don't just compare the good, compare the bad too.

Just my personal experience, my ex-wife's concept is my money is hers and her money is hers, and she wanted to wear the pants in the household. Then what is the point right? This plus other factors made me divorce her. It came to a point, that going home after work is more stressful than in the office.

Now the current wife also thinks my money is hers and her money is hers (don't know is I suay or what) but she don't ask for an allowance nor does she asked for my salary (which my ex-wife did). This is actually more tiring because I must monitor to see if she is tight, then have to help her out lor...but what to do?

End of the day, if you are not planning to end the marriage, talk more to iron out the issue lah.
Thanks bro... you hit the points right.

I think the local women were brought up to think upon getting married, hubby money are theirs and their money are theirs. I got a friend who got married years back and he jio me be his brother. When he go receive wife on wedding day, his wife made him pledge out loud... his money is her money and her money is her money. I hear liao also tulan.

The wife so insecure meh? Scared no money? Ownself working... earn good money... still wan hubby to pledge out loud. I find it ridiculous.