Thread: Pattaya
View Single Post
Old 28-01-2020, 12:24 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 392 / Power: 20
knowntender is a living Saint! - you won't find betterknowntender is a living Saint! - you won't find betterknowntender is a living Saint! - you won't find betterknowntender is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: Pattaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by CITY224 View Post
I just made enquiry with a hotel off Soi Buakhao Pattaya for 3 nights stay in April during Songkran. I had stayed at this same hotel few months ago (August 2019) and liked its location and friendly staff services. I made my booking from Agoda for that previous trip which cost me 1000 baht per night. This time I made enquiry directly with the hotel and they quoted me 520 baht per night which surprised me as it is peak holiday season during Songkran.

What's the catch? I can hardly believe the pricing could be lower during peak season than low season. I want to make the booking but somehow just cannot believe the low price and afraid it might be a scam.

The big price drop in Pattaya hotel happened last year, way before this
Wuhan Virus popped out Jan 2020.

I searched Pattaya hotel in mid Dec 2019 for NEW YEAR 2020 holiday peak season booking. Very surprised by the unusually price drop at that time. I came to Pattaya in the New Year peak travel season year after year and handily observed the unusual.

The problem is going to compound and get worse by the Wuhan Virus outbreak. On another front, the agogo and girly bar business in Pattaya are in serious trouble as well.

May write more about this later.