View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 05:43 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 123 / Power: 16
Jeremy668 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyJeremy668 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: Border Opening Thread

Hi guys, this is my guide to malaysia after 01/04/2022.

* You DO NOT NEED to download the Malaysia APPs: My Sejahtera UNLESS you want to enter shopping mall as they have guard at the entrance to check the Apps. (Similar to Singapore)

* If you planning to enter a shopping mall, the guard only wants to see you are in "low risk" status from the apps. (meaning you need to download the apps and fill up your address will do.) The apps is asking for malaysia address, but I just insert my singapore address and its working.After that, let the apps detect your location and it will update to low risk. Once everything is done, just proceed to scan their QR code and happy shopping..

---------------------------- Going JB ----------------------------
1.) Approaching SG Custom, check passport as usual. + $0.80 toll fee from your cashcard. (I don't know if we need to pay this, someone please check.)

2.) Approaching Malaysia custom, everything the same but there will be few people standing nearby to sell you t'n'go card at 10rm with 0rm balance. You can top up this later at any petrol station with cash.

4.) Next, drive through using the green lane to avoid boot checking. (Many people didn't know this~~!) you can see the floor painted in green.

3.) Thats All, you are in JB.
---------------------------- Going JB ----------------------------

=============== Back to SG ===============
1.) Approaching Malaysia custom, Check passport as usual, no need to make any toll payment until 07/04/2022.

2.) Approaching SG custom, something new:You need to do SG arrival declaration here for all SG/PR/WP.. You will be asked to stop beside the counter and fill up the digital form using your mobile phone. Takes 3 mins to complete.

3.) Once done, proceed to boot checking, then passport checking. (Currently no need to pay toll)

4.) Wellcome back~!
=======================================

Things to share on my 02/04 travel into malaysia.
1.) only 60% of the shops are open.
2.) Many shops closed down but also many new ones.
3.) Massage/carwash all still available.
4.) Crowd outdoors, about 30% of before covid.
5.) Crowd indoors, about 20% of before covid.
6.) Can see many FoodPanda and Grab riders nowadays on the road.
7.) Police patrol increased. I see police officer every 5 mins of drive.

Some price update
============
FJ Only at home/Hotel (China/Viet/Thai): 150-220rm (Short time)
Massage + FJ: 240 - 250rm
Massage + HJ: 150 - 180rm
Normal Carwash: 10rm
Petrol 97: 3.90rm/L

Please up my points for sharing this. Dont know why my point so low haha.

In short (to avoid shi t):
---------------------------
1.Download the Malaysia Apps and fill up your address (can use singapore address) to make the "Low risk" status appear. (Takes 5-10 mins to complete)
2.Fill up the SG arrival form at ica website before going in. (takes 3 mins to complete)

Thank You.