View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 11:29 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3889 / Power: 15
ilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond reputeilikeoldchangke has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The facility i work at

The building itself is huge. 7 storeys high with 2 levels of basement.
The carpark itself is a separate 2 storey building just by the side of the main block.

Kathy : your office is in the basement…. Hope you don’t mind ar…. Most of the facilities stuff are all located there.

Jude : No… not at all…

As we approached the office, I was expecting a simple maybe dingy office tucked in the corner. My role isn’t exactly a money making one for the company and there’s no reason to give me some superb spot.

The door opened and I was greeted by the receptionist / admin girl , Nina.

Kathy : She’s your admin, let her know if you need anything.

Jude : Hi Nina…

Nina : Hi Jude…

Nina looks young, probably fresh out of school. The way she dressed, my god, she’s like that hot malay chick with the tightly tucked in shirt I always see back in school. Her tight frame with her shirt pulled so tight that it leaves nothing to imagination what is beneath.

Her breast is full and bouncy. Something I can see with each step she takes.

Kathy : This is Uncle Lee…

Jude : Hello…

Uncle Lee was dressed in overalls and he had a toolbox in his hand. He’s like the resident handy man. When a request comes through, he would be activated for stuff like changing light tubes and fixing a faulty socket.

Then there’s Mrs Fong. A old lady in her late fifties seated just outside my office. She’s the one that will help me liaise and manage the money matters when we need to pay external contractors.

My office is simple and neat. Brightly lit with walls in white and cool grey and white furnitures, it’s a chic setup.

Cabinets, a sofa and a coffee table at the side.

I couldn’t possible ask for more.

Kathy gave me my log in ID and password for the computer and gave me my access card.

She produced a map of the entire facility.

Out of the 7 floors and 2 basement, I was only given the map of the 2 basement and the main ground floor. The rest of the area was blacked out. Nothing was shown.

Even the basements had large globs of space that were blacked out as well.

Kathy : ok… this is the areas we are allowed to access… the rest is out of bounds ok…. Your access cards will get you through the doors and gates….. any questions ?

Jude : ermm… no… I’m good…

Kathy : Ok… give me a ring if you need anything …

I shook her hand again and offered to buy her lunch for showing me around.

Kathy : Sure… give me a call later… haha

I smile and looked at Kathy’s backside as she walked out of my office.

I settled down, and spent an hour or so reading through some of the company rules and values before grabbing the map and the access card.

Time to go explore a little.

I’m the facility manage after all, I have to know the place I’m managing.

I opened the door to my office and saw Mrs Fong sleeping on the desk.

It was just 11am.

It was an awkward moment, she’s just sleeping and I don’t know if I should wake her up. It’s not professional and all but I decided to let it go. It’s my first day after all, I’ll wake her up when I get back if she’s still out.

Uncle Lee was nowhere to be found and walking by Nina, I saw her shopping online for lingerie with the screen splashed wide across her 21 inch screen.

My jaws literally dropped when she asked in a nonchalant manner where am I going.

Nina : Jude… you going out ?

Jude : err… Yah… I want to walk around and get to know the building…..you… sure you should be shopping at this time ?

Nina : yah… now got sale… you need anything ?

Jude : Errmmm… no thank you…

I shook my head and left the office. Ok, managing people might not be a walk in the park after all.

Following the map I had, I started to walk down the corridor. I tapped open doors to storerooms, mechanical access, even the fire command centre when I met 2 old security guards. I introduced myself and they waved to me with a smile as they sipped their coffee and looked at the grainy surveillance screen in front of them.

I was surprised to see that the building had it’s own central kitchen, a small one that is with staff preparing food and meals. I entered but was waved to head out since I was not properly attired.

Carparks, ground floor, cafes, meeting rooms, pantry, I went into each one and made some notes if I see things that needed to be fixed.

Within an hour or so, I finished all the areas I had access to.

I entered the lift and scanned my access card, I was about to hit basement 1 to return to my office when I thought maybe I could try the other floors. I tried 2 to 7. None of it lit up. I had no access to those floors.

Weird.

You hire a facility manager only to block his access to more than half of your building.

I went back to the basement and I went to the loading unloading bay. There was something peculiar about the place. I orientated the map I was holding and spent some time looking at the place before I realised what was out of place.

They had split the loading and unloading bay into 2. That’s why the space seemed smaller than it is on the map. It was supposed to be a 3 bay loading area but I only see 2 in front of me.

One spot is missing.

I followed the walls and walked up the ramp to the exterior of the building. The entrance to the other bay was shuttered. Who would build something like this ? It does not make sense.

Along the wall that separated the 2 loading bays, I saw a door tucked beside a column. The card access light blinked lazily.

That door did not appear on the map given to me.

Jude : fuck it…

I took my access card and tapped the access.

The light blinked red followed by a short beeped. It remained locked.

I shrugged my shoulder and took 2 steps away when I heard footsteps approaching. It’s not walking footsteps but running.

Someone was running.

It got louder and nearer and I turned to see 2 man in dri fit t-shirt with company logo running towards me. They were about my age and they ran towards me without breaking a sweat.

Jude : woah… woah woah…. What’s happening ??

One of them immediately checked the door and made sure it’s locked. The other approached me and introduced himself.

Thomas : Hi Jude… I’m Thomas…

Jude : err… Hi… how you know my name ? ….

Thomas : We control the card access…. I know it’s your first day…

Jude : Oh… ok..

Without any expression, Thomas gave me a very subtle warning.

Thomas : Stick to the places you have access to….

There was an awkward pause for a couple of seconds before the continued.

Thomas : or things will get messy… ok ?

I nodded without a word.

They remained at their spot as I turned and walked off.

What the fuck is their problem.

5 minutes later I was back in my office and my desk phone rang.

It was Joanna.

Joanna : Hi Jude… Joanna here…

Jude : Joanna … hello…. i..

Without breaking a beat, Joanna said the same thing to me.

Joanna : Jude… you have to stick to the place you have access to ok…. I’m sure Kathy explained to you….. there’s a lot of confidential stuff and all…

Jude : Oh…ok… sure… sorry…

Joanna : We’ll grab lunch one of these days ok… ya… got to go.. see you…

I hung up the phone and I had this unsettling feeling in my stomach.

Something didn’t feel right.

11.45am

I was making a copy of a document when I saw Uncle Lee came in, grab another 2 light tubes and left. Mrs Fong was doing some filing at the back while it was Nina’s turn to be sleeping on the table.

I put my things down and quietly stepped out of the office.