View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 08:21 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 704 / Power: 2
lonelyfish is a splendid one to beholdlonelyfish is a splendid one to beholdlonelyfish is a splendid one to beholdlonelyfish is a splendid one to beholdlonelyfish is a splendid one to beholdlonelyfish is a splendid one to beholdlonelyfish is a splendid one to behold
Re: Learn Thai language

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinedt View Post
Same for me, i don't like being unable to communicate...
Similar to how we expect foreigners who come to SG to speak English,
its rude to expect thais to speak our language when we are there

Locals really appreciate when we take the effort to learn, and 90% are willing
to put in effort and time and go out of their way to teach when they see our sincerity.

Also, while bed language is universal, prior communication helps enhance the experience tremendously for me hahaha
I can't speak it very well yet, still trying to improve, but it's enough to get by, communicate and not get scammed by people like taxi drivers etc lol. At least I can still chat with the girls who can't speak English. If it gets too advanced, I start to face a problem. I found the experience way better when I speak Thai with the girls, not only in the room, but also the girls keeping me company at the bars. Can use it on the waitresses too.

Also, I want to learn reading and writing. My original intention to learn it was to communicate with my Thai ex-GF, and for transfer to work in the Thai office.