View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 04:10 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2223 / Power: 23
omnia has a reputation beyond reputeomnia has a reputation beyond reputeomnia has a reputation beyond reputeomnia has a reputation beyond reputeomnia has a reputation beyond reputeomnia has a reputation beyond reputeomnia has a reputation beyond reputeomnia has a reputation beyond reputeomnia has a reputation beyond reputeomnia has a reputation beyond reputeomnia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone knows when will be the exact time that GL will be open again?

Actually i think it still all depends on the science data outcomes...

Prelimin findings suggest the vaccine has a very good chance of preventing infection failing which it has an excellent chance of preventing serious illness/death if infected...the latter positive outcome seems to apply to even the sinovac vaccine...

Also vaccine research is moving at a rapid pace and hence the next batch of vaccines shall probably be even bettter and so it goes on...same applies to medical therapy treatments for the virus...also in relation to testing of the virus...

Eg...look at say the latest cluster at the MINDS home...91% of residents and all staff had already been fully vaccinated by Mar/Apr...out of the 27 plus(so far) infected 24(i think) were asymptomatic and none are seriously ill...

So what can we take from the abv...the key is to vaccinate the whole population(save those not eligible due to medical reasons, this group needs to be ring fenced for protection) and keep on giving booster jabs as and when necessary as this is a fluid dynamic situation...once that is done and there is in effect a kinda herd immunity, we should be able to get back to normal...

Bottom line we need to manage and control covid like any other disease before and after...no fear it can be done...unfortunately it is taking longer than expected but we are heading in the right direction...one thing though, for those who are eligible to take the vaccine but decline for whatever reasons, this group needs to stay at home until a reasonable practical solution can be found for them or alternatively they change their minds and get vaccinated as this group cannot be allowed to be an unnecessary burden to our healthcare system...

As for GL...i wonder if there are any remaining okts left still in biz considering the huge rental loss over the last 15 months and counting save for houseowners like say Ah Hua?..

That said, the fundamental question still remains, once the dust finally settles and life returns to normal, will the Govt continue with its legalised commercial sex policy?...if so, the okts or new okts shall return like in any biz cycle...i suspect the venue may change though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5931 View Post
With india virus out of control very hard to get back normal.