View Single Post
Old 16-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Fabio Capello's appointment as England manager

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...;s-job?cc=4716

Redknapp: England an older man's job
March 15, 2012

Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp has given another hint tat he would accept the England manager's job.

Redknapp, 65, is the favourite 2 be named the next permanent boss of England in the wake of Fabio Capello's sacking, with Stuart Pearce placed in caretaker charge.

The Spurs coach did recently state he was in 2 minds over the national role, but on Thursday Redknapp expressed his belief tat the next coach shld be English & experienced.

He said in the Sun: "It's a great job 2 be manager of your country. I've got a job 2 do @ Tottenham & I've got 2 really keep concentrating on my job there, which I do 100%, & see wat happens @ the end of the year.

"I hv never been approached by England or anybody else. I hv said all along it needs an English manager.

"We haven't achieved anything with foreign managers. Capello did OK but he had a bad World Cup. We haven't really torn up any trees with them. Why not give it 2 somebody fr here?

"I suppose @ the moment there r not a million candidates but there r some young managers who, in the future, I'm sure would be fantastic but r 2 young.

"It's an older man's job. I think it is not a job 4 a young guy. I think some guys take it 2 young. I think Steve McClaren took it 2 young, maybe Glenn Hoddle.

"I think it's a job 4 a more experienced manager. I've got 2 weigh it all up @ the end of the year & I've got 2 do wat I feel is right 4 myself & wat I feel is right 4 my family."