View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 04:05 PM
Samster (B)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 136 / Power: 0
manahara deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guymanahara deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: Asking clothes from the WLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Assassin View Post

A very popular temple is at Taman Pelangi...... where you often can see small groups of VN FLs going there to pray and have private "chanting" sessions with the priests..... where they bring the gifts given to them by their customers or the customers used personal items to be "blessed" during the chanting session.
I know this temple as a friend brought me there to view the devotees which mainly are girls & ladies from the sex industry. Once after a raid where many vietnam ladies from VIP spa were arrested and detained for more than 1 month.... a group of about 8 of these vietnamese WLs went to this temple for a 2 week "buang suay" prayer retreat after their release. They were live in the temple and wore all white attire doing chores & have prayer sessions.

Although located quite out of town in housing estate... this temple is quite popular with outsiders. Can see many chiobus coming to pray everyday especially in the morning. I believe 80% of them are MLs or WLs.

But I am puzzled by the setup of this temple. It is listed as a Guan Yin temple..... and there are big statues of Guan Yin on the temple grounds at the garden pond area, carpark area & front courtyard. But inside the temple besides the Guan Yin statue at the main prayer hall, also have Guan Gong statue at the side prayer hall. Another part of the temple hall is also partitioned off and used by Thai monks for their idols & conduct prayer chanting sessions. This Thai monks are especially popular with the ladies and often have long queues waiting outside the partition area.

How do you classify these type of temple?