View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 05:46 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 205 / Power: 15
lechlee is a Helpful and Caring Samsterlechlee is a Helpful and Caring Samsterlechlee is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatamBro View Post
Bros who married a foreigner, how ya'll feel now? Regret? 😄
Bro.. suppose you might be single, and need some statistic or reassurance to date a foreigner or settle with a Singaporean lady. That's why you asked such question.

Assuming this is not a troll, I shall give my more sincere answer. By the way, my wife is a filippina and we have been together for 14 years.

Actually, most of us would want to date ladies with a marriageable prospect unless you are still at the fboy or looking around phase la. But this really calls for destiny and fate since every lady you come across will be unique and has her own personality and temperament. Though her culture does influence a bit of how she views the world and handles life, which will then affect your initial judgement of whether her value and belief system will align with your own, but don't forget that even we Singaporeans also have diverse ways of thinking and living our life. If outside people just use a set of labels to describe Singaporeans such as snobbish, kiasu, materialistic and pragmatic, do you think these descriptors are exactly who you are? I doubt so. And same applies to foreigners.

You can only find out whether she's suitable for you after you have been with her and spend a good amount of quality time conversing and even living together.

It's unfair to any lady you are considering seriously dating to go in with a set of presumptions based on what you have read, heard and even experienced before. Bro, give each relationship a clean slate and try to be your best so that your partner will be her best too. And then you decide whether that would be your potential wife.

Anyway, no marriage is perfect la. As the saying goes, marriage is never a bed of roses. You have to constantly iron things out and you can never say you fully understand someone even after a decade together. Even if you truly understand your wife, there are certain differences that exist and these are unresolvable. Don't expect anyone to change. No one will change. Just change yourself. That's the easiest. Thus, you can only minimise the impact that differences cause by either compromising on your side or living with certain defects in your relationship. And when a child is in dynamic, it's a different ball game we ought to learn how to play. Adulting and parenting are continuous learning journey. We can never stop learning to be better in our roles.

Last edited by lechlee; 03-06-2022 at 05:58 AM.