View Single Post
Old 21-09-2006, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1407 / Power: 0
Cheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud ofCheri_Popper has much to be proud of
Re: Arsenal FC @ Emirates All Gunner fans fall in

Adebayor - Injured duo inspired me at Old Trafford

Emmanuel Adebayor's match-winning performance against Manchester United was inspired by two players who could not play a part at Old Trafford.

Injuries to Thierry Henry and Robin van Persie left the Togo international as a lone striker last Sunday. Adebayor rose to the occasion, netting the only goal four minutes from time. He admits he was spurred on by the absence of his French and Dutch team-mates.

"We knew that going to Old Trafford without Thierry and Robin would be very difficult but we also knew we had to do a job for them and play for them," Adebayor told Arsenal.com.

"We knew they were somewhere watching us and shouting and enjoying the game. We had them somewhere behind our heads. I was playing as a lone forward but for me it was like Robin and Thierry were somewhere behind me because they are my friends."

Arsenal's richly-deserved victory at Old Trafford was achieved despite the absence of not only Henry and Van Persie but Lauren, Philippe Senderos, Abou Diaby and Gael Clichy. In Adebayor's opinion, that speaks volumes for the strength of Arsenal's squad.

"The win at Old Trafford shows we have confidence in the boss at any time. He has confidence in us and we have confidence in him. I can say we played for Thierry and Robin and did it for them, but they will be back soon and they will be scoring goals as well."