View Single Post
Old 19-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: 2011/2012 Uefa - Champions League & Europa League

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...urites?cc=4716

Heynckes: Bayern are not favourites
May 18, 2012

Bayern Munich manager Jupp Heynckes insists his side's home advantage will hv little bearing on the outcome of the Champions League final against Chelsea on Saturday.

Bayern will hv the benefit of playing @ the Allianz Arena when they meet Roberto Di Matteo's side, a factor which many pundits believe will prove significant.

However, Heynckes, who led Bayern 2 2nd in the Bundesliga tis season, feels tat the experience in Chelsea's squad will be just as influential 2 the outcome.

"In the Champions League final there is no fav team," Heynckes said. "Certainly not against Chelsea, becos in Chelsea u hv players with many international caps, players with experience who hv won everything - & it is also their dream 2 win tis cup.

"So I think it would be very wise 2 be humble & modest, & simply try 2morrow 2 deploy our Champions League experience & say, 'Okay, we've played fantastic matches, great home matches'.

"Very possibly we might hv a tiny little advantage becos we're playing @ home in our own stadium."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-final?cc=4716

Di Matteo confident for for final
May 18, 2012

Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo insists his side can emerge victorious fr tis weekend's Champions League final, despite the game taking place in Bayern's home stadium.

Di Matteo, who has guided Chelsea past Barcelona, Benfica & Napoli en-route 2 tis weekend's showpiece has no doubts tat his side r capable of winning on Saturday.

Responding 2 a question on owner Roman Abramovich's long held desires 2 triumph in the Champions League, the Italian interim manager insisted he had no idea hw the Russian will approach the game.

"We can win it,'' Di Matteo insisted. "We hv 2 believe & hv the confidence 2 do so.

"I don't know how somebody else feels. I can only guess he is excited. Sooner or later it will come. We hope it's 2morrow. But with the quality tat's been @ tis club b4 & will certainly come in2 tis club again, it will happen.''

It was a message echoed by midfielder Frank Lampard, who dismissed the notion tat he has more contact with the owner than players elsewhere.

"I haven't had direct message fr the owner,'' Lampard confirmed. "The general message is always there. He has put alot in2 tis club. Without him, we wouldn't be sitting here now. He's always been behind us. You don't get in2 a final very often. We 1 2 win it now.''

"People think tat we ring up the owner now & again & decide who comes & who'll be sacked. That's not how it works @ tis club. It shouldn't be like tat @ any club. A decision like tat is taken out of your hands.''