View Single Post
Old 24-11-2022, 05:04 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4085 / Power: 22
Xgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What do you want for retirement?

I was having a late lunch at a coffeeshop. Behind me sat a couple. Probably 2 tables away. The guy spoke quite loudly. I think he is quite elderly and is probably hard of hearing. I was looking at my phone minding my own business. What caught my attention was when he said $1200 per month. then I slowly ate my lunch and listen. Luckily my back is facing them so they don't know I am listening in. When I left, I turned around to look at them to a few seconds before returning my tray.

So the uncle (around 65-70) is proposing $1200 per month to a (50-55) year old PRC lady. She has to move in with him, clean his house, prepare his meals and sleep with him. She gets to save on rental and have an extra source of income. She also don't have to squeeze in a HDB flat with 10 other strangers. She is quite embarrassed because the whole kopitiam knows what they are talking about. $1200 per month gets you a maid plus sex buddy. I doubt the PRC lady can find a better offer.

Good deal? Good retirement option?