Old 10-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
Tookie deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Living in Bangkok!

Why so troublesome open an a/c juz to withdraw money? Juz plan & budget what u need and bring along the correct amount. I always change some in Singapore and the rest in Bangkok coz the rates there tend to be better. No need change all in one shot. Change what yah need, balance SGD can still bring back.

If u want to buy an apartment there... 1) Thai banks won't lend u the money unless you have a work permit so... 2) u still have to get loan from Singapore bank. Interest rate charged will be quite high. Unless u cash king and pay all in one shot and I'm not sure how u gonna hide the purchase it from her (wife I presume)?

Thanks Bro for the infor.

Main reason to open an account is to have my monies transfer there for retirement and housing purchase purpose cuz i understand that you need some kind of documents from the bank that shows that you actually transfer legitimate monies over.

Any other way to get around getting the loan? I understand that Bangkok Bank do hands out loans to foreigners but like you say must have work permit though. Thanks