View Single Post
Old 15-02-2021, 05:58 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 355 / Power: 12
JohnChristy is a living Saint! - you won't find betterJohnChristy is a living Saint! - you won't find betterJohnChristy is a living Saint! - you won't find betterJohnChristy is a living Saint! - you won't find better
Re: HPV, Genital Warts and Pap Smear Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbear123 View Post
Hi all,

Have been troubling over some issues recently and would like some advice from bros here.

My wife just told me she has an mild abnormal Pap smear test result known as Atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance (ASCUS). I know for a fact that I am her only sexual partner.

Previously I had a FB and we did raw a couple of times, first time being in 2018 and second time in early 2019. Towards the end of 2019 I had some small genital warts and went to freeze them off. Came back in Jan 2020 and froze again immediately. Since then, I have not had any relapse. Also broke off all contact with my FB since middle of 2019.

I only started having raw sex with my wife starting of 2021. She just did a Pap smear test as part of a regular check up but does not seem to bothered by the ASCUS result. Doctor told her to take the test again in 6 months.

My questions are:
- can her abnormal reading be due to our raw experience? I’m not sure as it’s only been about a month since we had raw sex - can the Pap smear pick up the infection (if any) so fast? Another factor was we had raw sex quite a few times just days before her Pap smear and it might have affected the results
- is there a high chance of my wife developing genital warts (since it was close to 1 year since I did not have it). I know it is still possible for HPV to spread even without the presence of genital warts but is it less infectious? There are reports online saying it should be relatively safe to have sex after 3 months of the removal of the genital warts
- will her ASCUS develop into something more serious like LSIL? Since genital warts HPV seems to be “lower risk” in causing cervical cancer

I guess I am paying the price now and I sincerely hope nothing bad happens to my wife. Totally regretting my actions..
Many thanks in advance.
Hi bro, to be very honest only a Dr can answer those questions.. Why not visit DTAP or any other STD clinic for a consultation?