Old 10-11-2022, 03:37 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 79 / Power: 20
Moredhel deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Yeah bro Blackpage. Like mj, pay to learn. From this experience, screened out 95% of them. 5% slowly distill to see if this taught me anything. Might still try 1 more time since still have 4 nights there and if I find one that doesn't ring the alarm bells.

What I learnt:
1. Those that ask for you sg number or deposit, just ignore. Highly likely scammers.

2. Picture too chio or obviously photoshopped, 99.95% fake.

3. Always state beforehand that if person turning up not same as photo, will reject and no rejection/taxi fee. This will stop those trying to earn a quick freebie. To be used with next point.

4. If they pass all the above checkpoints, they will ask for your hotel and room number and hotel registration name. ALWAYS give a fake room number and name. State that you will meet them at the lobby. This will give you a chance to check if they are real without being in a compromised position.

Honestly, I feel it's a waste of time to have to do all that for small or nil returns, but if you have time and feel lucky...

That's all from me. Any experienced bros have any advice to add?

Planned Trips:
2nd-7th Oct 2008 - BKK (Mission Complete)

My sincerest wish is that one day, I can chiong the Japan scene with the mindset that "budget is not a problem, I only want the best!"

Last edited by Moredhel; 10-11-2022 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Replying to bro. Was un @