View Single Post
Old 30-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3917 / Power: 24
DO_YOU_BJ has a reputation beyond reputeDO_YOU_BJ has a reputation beyond reputeDO_YOU_BJ has a reputation beyond reputeDO_YOU_BJ has a reputation beyond reputeDO_YOU_BJ has a reputation beyond reputeDO_YOU_BJ has a reputation beyond reputeDO_YOU_BJ has a reputation beyond reputeDO_YOU_BJ has a reputation beyond reputeDO_YOU_BJ has a reputation beyond reputeDO_YOU_BJ has a reputation beyond reputeDO_YOU_BJ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Say “NO” To Singapore Transport Fare Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiuminator View Post
When will the 60.1% come to their senses?
Ah~~~~tats a very valid but scary tot. Y?
Tink abt this.
Our cuntry is run like a corporate.
Imagine one fine day, the CEO all the way down to ur immediate supervisor is changed to another mgt party, wud u not worry where the company, let alone ur job will be heading?

The contented:
Change: Many people r contented. I mean many, especially 1st & 2nd gen sinkapolians. These people are the VOTING MAJORITY STILL. They hv gone thru the 3rd to 1st world transformation of this tiny speck on the map. Most hv already paid off their loans, no debts, retired, kids all grown up & are already or becoming grandparents soon. Y shouldn't they be happy? Tats y, if they use their own personal micro context to judge, the only thing they will probably be KPKBing abt is health care costs & not COE. They hv the cash & needed collateral to buy another car. It's not the COE but the new 50% downpayment that most r not thrilled about. Which is exactly wat is non stop being reported endlessly in all forms of media. Y u tink the MIW said that they wud nvr be forgotten & will go the extra mile to keep them contented in terms of health care?

Wat do they know abt the opposition party? Hv the opposition party proven themselves to be very good other than being, An Opposition Party?
Can they do better or will they do worse?
Personally, I was watching closely several opposition parties in the last Punggol East Bi-election. There's no way in hell I'm gonna vote for those clowns & I'm sure many will share my sentiment. What makes it worse is, some opposition parties hv non stop internal resignations etc, this will already damage voter confidence.
So in this light, Y wud they vote for opposition?

The discontented:
The younger generation, now starting to get married, buy house, buy car, have a family, mortgages to fulfill or those in their late to mid 40s who lost their jobs who can't get a better or same wage paying jobs. Thus hv to change to a more simpler lifestyle n cut down on basic necessities unlike previously.
The more tech savvy gen that is just out to start their careers, they face tons of obstacles. Not just tpt costs, but job security, disposable income, getting a better life, i.e owning a car or house.
These r the ones that, as I mentioned in my initial post in this thread, which will bear the brunt of the new policies in place.

My tots:
On a personal note, I belong to the contented. Yes, if i speak micro, our govt has done lots. I grew up & still stay in Watten Estate. I saw this place, when I was in kindergarten, mixed with bungalows, semi-Ds & atap houses, all side by side to wat it is now. I may not be 100% of disagreement of wat they hv done but if on a personal note, this got my vote.

But on a macro note. To see where the cuntry is heading too, our local born & breds will soon become a minority, having to fight titans of obstacles just to mark their spot in society, increasing costs of living which is ridiculous, tat I personally witnessed in china many years back when i was carving out my piece of the economic boom there, the govt lost my vote.

What I saw in china then, is actually happening here now. Society is heading to a souless, emotionless, self centered direction(which has clearly already been demonstrated in this thread). This is where its the beginning of the end to a once beautiful cuntry
2) 不要出卖自己
3) 不要背叛自己
4) 不要对不起自己

是你的,就是你的。
不是你的,不要抢!

人之所以快乐,不是因为得到的多、而是因为计较的少
Officially Retired From The Nite Scene

Last edited by DO_YOU_BJ; 04-01-2014 at 05:21 AM.