Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -200 / Power: 0
jj583 jj583 jj583
Re: Say “NO” To Singapore Transport Fare Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW69 View Post
I'm glad you realise that the COE system generates a lot of money for the government, there are many who complain about the COE prices. But COE prices fluctuate. It may be 75k now but let's not forget the days where it used to be just 14k or less for Cat B. When the COE prices drop again, where would the money come from?

And is our public transport really that expensive? Compare it with the public transport cost in top cities like NYC, HK, London. I find that our public transport prices are rather reasonable even if there was to be a small increase.

And as for the minister's salary, think about how much your ministers would make if they were to work in the private sector. You get what you pay for. I'm sure LHL and most other ministers will have no problem earning 10x as much in the private sector. Singapore is already short changing them. And think about it, how much do our ministers make collectively? If they decide to forgo ALL their salary, would it really help Singapore's finances? Would raising public transport fares bring in more money than that?

Or why not, find a country or city that you think is perfect and move there? If the place doesn't exist, accept that there is no "perfect" country.
1) COE at 14k? That was in 2009? Check the stat bro, 2600 COE per bidding x 2 per month, x 12 = $ xxxxxxxxx.
2 ) HBD prices - 4 room BTO flat at bukit panjang cost 320k?

Since our minster are paid world class pay cheque , of course, they have to do a WORLD CLASS job, isn't?

Just for the record - 我爱国,不爱棠!

Just my opinion