Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 91 / Power: 23
perrymason32 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: All you need to know about HIV

hi bro thecas:

Aiyah, points are nice. But if you got contact for a Jap who looks like Bunko Kanazawa or an Ah Lian who looks like Jeanette Aw, pass me, can?

Seriously, though. The first test is the ELISA. Because it is the rapid test kit used, it just means a drop of blood. The second test is the Western Blot (sorry, I didn't mention that earlier), which is not a rapid test, is a more sensitive test, and they need to draw a blood sample to send to a lab to run the test. As for sample size--I'm afraid, yes, they need to draw blood with a need--it's about as much as, say, when you go for other kinds of blood tests. About a vial, I think.

But don't jump the gun here with the girl. Take the rapid test first and only worry about the Western Blot when there's reason too. The reason for the Western Blot is confirmation of the ELISA test's result. The ELISA test is more likely to produce false positives (and just about never false negatives--so don't take a Western Blot after an ELISA -ve). Of course, these statements hold as long as the full Window period is observed (6 months).

In any case, if suay suay someone kena +ve on the ELISA, I don't think the size of the needle or how much blood is being drawn will the first thing on his/her mind. Whichever it is, worry only about getting the girl to do the ELISA first.

As for selling the rapid test kit. You mean the AfA? They can't do that. The healthcare providers in Singapore don't do that. Even the DSC Clinic doesn't do that.

But I do recall someone with a thread somewhere in this forum who said he had a lobang for buying/selling/distributing the rapid test kit here. I can't remember if it's like the Orasure kind (that tests scrapings or saliva from the mouth/tongue) or blood-based on like the one AfA uses. Maybe some other bros remember and can dig up the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecas
Bro perry, + yr pts when I can.

But if the rapid test is +ve, for the second test how much blood will they draw? Got girl here whose afraid of needles.

Also..like..why can't they sell the equipment for the first test?