View Single Post
Old 15-02-2022, 05:38 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 835 / Power: 13
ExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to beholdExcaliburSG is a splendid one to behold
Re: Living in Bangkok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreochcolate View Post
Hi Bro, the requirements to return to Singapore from Thailand are set by Singapore (Instead of Thailand).

Yes, Singapore allows pre-return to take a professionally-administered ART (*Take note* No self ART allowed).

For 5 days / 4 nights, you will have to take 3 PCR and 1 ART.
1) Pre-departure to Thailand not more than 72 hours before flight
2) On-Arrival to Thailand (aka Day 1 PCR)
3) Pre-return ART to Singapore not more than 48 hours before flight
4) On arrival to Singapore PCR

*If you have recovered from Covid before, you can apply for exemption with Singapore from 3) and 4). You will need a recovery certificate from a clinic for the exemption.

I know its a lot of additional costs (for the PCR/ART tests), but is boh bian in the current climate. The idea for the 5 days or less trip is to minimize testing positive over in Thailand, thereby avoiding the crazy quarantine/hospital costs.

Cheers
I am thinking of your concept (good one) of 5 days / 4 nights which mitigate the risk. I had also read Banzai caution and will scout for insurance in Thailand that covers any hospital and best if it cover quarantine even if it is more expensive.

Additional cost of PCR is not a main consideration but I am more concerned about spending money and end up being screwed by Covid instead of screwing tomyam. Let's say if the cost is $1,000 for 4 nights with the PCR and another option is $1,500 for 4 nights but no need PCR (guarantee no quarantine), I will gladly pay $1,500. At least I am certain that after spending $1,500, I get to have my tomyam. The other is not getting your tomyam, spend dunno how much and wasted your leave or worst have to extend your leave to cover till you can return. This is my main concern, not the cost.

Anyone here know if close contact need to be quarantined or only if you are tested positive? How long is the quarantine / hospitalisation period touch wood if you are so lucky before you are discharged?