View Single Post
Old 24-05-2021, 01:52 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 642 / Power: 16
xxx_OrOcO_xxx is a name known to allxxx_OrOcO_xxx is a name known to allxxx_OrOcO_xxx is a name known to allxxx_OrOcO_xxx is a name known to allxxx_OrOcO_xxx is a name known to allxxx_OrOcO_xxx is a name known to all
Annulment is only valid for specific circumstances i.e. couples go through the legal marriage registration and became husband + wife. After that, both parties never live together, and never contact each other. Such circumstances happen when things turn extremely sour after ROM. So annulment is not valid for you, based on your described circumstances. So yes, imho, you can only file for unreasonable behaviour.

Deed of Separation is simply a legal document that sets the terms of separation, and this legal document is only valid when both parties agreed.

When both parties agree on a separation, the mutually agreed separation of minimum 3 years need to be meet, as a valid ground of divorce. Quite a lot prefer this, because it is less trouble and less confrontations.

When only one party agree to a separation; that party who wants separation needs to start to live on his/her own immediately. In this kind of situation, this has to pass the 4 year mark, then can be served as a valid ground of divorce.

In terms of possible family violence, you'd need to get out immediately and live on your own. As mentioned, male spouse tend to be more disadvantaged in terms of family violence. The law in Singapore, as of now, always deem female gender as the weaker gender that needs better protection. IMHO, it's called Women's Charter; not Family Charter, certainly not Men's Charter.

This is my humble opinion and recommendation: please always get a female lawyer for representation in Family Justice Courts, not a male lawyer. It's also easier for female lawyer to contact the female spouse easier if any issues. If language is an issue, please get hold of a lawyer who can speak in your preferred language.

As for assets protection, you'd need to make sure that there are no assets under both parties' names. If so, you'd need to figure out how to separate the affected assets. Otherwise, just keep your own assets confidentially. Although, depending the case circumstances, the Family Justice Courts can ORDER the disclosure of each Party's assets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcia23 View Post
Hi bro,

Thanks a lot for your kind guidance. May I know why not able to file for annulment?

I think I can only file for divorce under unreasonable behavior.

Regarding the Deed of Separation, if both parties agree then still have to wait for 3 years then can divorce? What’s the difference between agreed and non-agreed? I googled but don’t really understand.

What if she starts throwing and breaking stuffs again or she throws stuffs at me (whether injured or not injured) and I file for police report and then apply for PPO?

Does it helps?

This is my first marriage and also for the law firms that you recommended, are there any specific male lawyers who I can look for?

Any tips to protect my assets as well?

I would like to end this asap whereas possible.

We can pm if you like.
Thanks again!