View Single Post
Old 22-01-2020, 08:54 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 133 / Power: 8
chaoslord deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guychaoslord deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: Voice in my head

Despite all the equality that women are fighting for, unfortunately it is us men that is expected to bring in majority of the bacon. That won't be changing anytime soon.

I empathize with your situation. Being in your mid-40s you feel like you are stuck in a rut. From money, to wife, to kids and to your own personal self esteem - nothing seems to be going right. It's tough but the reality is that you need to rough it out. In my view the order of priority should be

1. Yourself - You need to get seek advice and get your life back on track
2. Your Kids - If you treat them well (it seems like they love you), they would remember it. Even if you cannot give them the material comforts, you can teach them how to be a good person and be a valued member of society.
3. Money - Money can't solve all issues, but it can solve 80% of them. This would improve your self esteem and how your standing within the family.
4. Wife - To be frank, she sounds quite toxic. But then again most women do when frustrated. She should not however be a negative source in your life. Work on this to make it better.