Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 5 / Power: 0
silentstorm is Cool - loads of Potential
Re: Living in Bangkok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
Hey guys, i'm thinking of taking a short holiday trip to BKK in Jan.

I went to read up on the thai embassy page and it seems like in order to be able to travel to Bangkok i would need to do the following:

1. Apply for a Thailand Pass
2. Purchase a travel insurance that covers covid
3. Take a PCR test in Singapore within 72 hours of departure
4. Book a test and go hotel? (i'm not very sure what this means or how long must i stay there for)

And coming back to Singapore on a VTL flight i just need to take another PCR test?

Would appreciate some help here! Thanks
You got most of it right but I can help sort the order. This is for incoming.. can’t be bothered about outgoing yet.

1) Book flight
2) book accommodation using asq site - best way to get a test and go. Has hotel+airport transfer+Pcr rest packages. ASQ site also has travel insurance but I have a year long insurance one so I got it online
3) Use the above info (flight, hotel and insurance) and apply for Thai air pass. They also need SG vaccination certificate with QR code on it. (Available online)
4) Wait for approval (mine took 5 days)
6) Do PCR test 72 hours before
7) Print paper copies of all documents above (including Thai airpass approval)
8) Fly
9) if you fly to Phuket, airport transfer and on arrival test (2200 THB) is not covered in asq package so need to purchase on the spot or in advance:
10) on arrival test results clear in about 6-8 hours after which you can leave the airport