Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 62 / Power: 4
cokekane deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Raising kid in thai or sg better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvbreast View Post
Good, you realized your question was wrong.

Old uncle be kaypoh and tell you something, if useful then good, no use take it as bullshit.

In your circumstances, to have a child in Singapore, you should look at the government's baby bonus and the cheapest package available at KKH.

Do note that your wife is non-citizen so you need to know how much they will charge her, also check if you can use medisave.

This one you can surf KKH website or you can call them to ask.

This takes care of giving birth, then come the confinement cost.

This is why some with foreign wives chose to let their wife deliver in her home country after comparing the cost.

After confinement till 5 years old comes the pre-school cost, if your wife is not working and she can teach your child then maybe you don't have to consider this. If not go to the childcare centres' websites and look at the fees payable.

Age 6-7 will be kindergarten, again depending on where you send you child to, the cost varies. Note it is mandatory to send your kid to kindergarten to prepare him for Primary School.

Age 7-16 or 17 Primary and secondary school will be free, only textbooks, uniform and pocket money. Then again if your child needs tuition then it is different cost altogether.

Age 17-18 if JC again, only textbooks, uniform and pocket money, if go poly then see if your child can get study loan.

Ultimately, 衣食住行+教育 and it is about there. Of course I don't consider medical expense (which will be no end), every parent wants healthy children, which is good of you to consider have your child early while your body is still young.
ya... all this i think i already i also scared... cant really survive with my current salary and i always think how others managed to do it

i know a secondary school ex-classmate, he signed on army salary below thn me buy got 2 kids...