View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 06:08 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1529 / Power: 9
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: Recovered from Covid and going to Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothis555 View Post
It varies, that is why there is range till 90 days. I will try to get more information n worst case, stay in hotel for extra 10 days.

I read there is 1 tourist, positive during the 72 hrs test. Able to board the plane and clear the custom with the recovery cert. and dunno how and fortunately bkk test came "negative"

Getting into Thailand shouldn't be a problem, now I need more information what happens if positive on the 1st day.
Yes the range is 90 days. I read some research papers stating that 87% of recovered patients no longer test positive after 40 days. So its quite a safe bet. Unless you are immunosuppressed.
Or you could use your PDT as the cue. If your PDT is positive, just postpone the trip.

The general thought is, if you tested positive on day 1 or 5, you should be able to avoid 10 day quarantine. But the process of getting you free is not going to be a walk in the park. So i think its best not go rush straight in like this even after arming yourself with recovery certs.