View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1621 / Power: 13
Hardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant futureHardaway1818 has a brilliant future
Re: Story: The Invitation

I was all alone in my desk. All the others had gone back for the day. I told them that I wanted to stay back to check out how the US stock markets would open for the day. Just to make sure my bets were absolutely right.

That was only my excuse. I needed some time alone to think.

To think about the conversation I had overheard. The thing about my fortunes changing after tomorrow night.

Things started to piece together on its own. I had been taken for a ride.

George, my biggest rival in the company, had laid this trap for me. No wonder I could not see any suspicious person who might be the one who nominated me. This person was not even a lady. It was George. He was The Secret Club. He sent the invitation to me. He was all the while besides me monitoring my movement.

I almost fell for it. Almost.

It was a close shave.

I must fight back. What could I do?

Obviously I could not attend the dinner tomorrow. Luckily my email reply did not contain any confidential information. Anyone could have created that yahoo email. Luckily I was not foolish enough to use my company email. As long as I didn't go for the dinner tomorrow, I would be safe.

So that's one thing. How can I get this back on George?

I must admit he was quite smart to lay this trap. I almost fell for it. I could not use the same trick on him as he would be on his guard.

I walked out of my room and paced outside his office room.

I saw something. I had an idea on how to get back at George.

Brilliant.