View Single Post
Old 28-12-2004, 01:43 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 338 / Power: 21
tokkon1 is one of the Best!tokkon1 is one of the Best!tokkon1 is one of the Best!tokkon1 is one of the Best!
Re: Aftermath in Phuket

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiddlyGook
My sympathies to the victims and their families. This incident struck home for me as I had planned to be there a couple of days ago but I could not get a room at the JW Marriott. I even bought airtickets BKK-HKT but refunded them when the hotel room reservation did not come through.

The day of the tidal earthquake I was at BKK airport and all domestic schedules were haywire - my flight to CEI was delayed 4 hours. I did not mind because these are unfortunate times.
Life's full unexpectancies. One moment you are sunbathing, jetskiing, snorkelling or even checking into a beachside hotel and the next moment, you are dead. Especially poignant when it occurs in a place we are are so familiar with like Phuket.

Perhaps life is not meant to be a journey or an adventure. Just live it to the fullest that you can day by day so when the time comes and you are at the pearly gates, you can tell yourself "I have live without regrets".

Meaning to life, I guess there is none.