View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Fabio Capello's appointment as England manager

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...2-draw?cc=4716

Capello happy with Euro 2012 draw
December 2, 2011

England manager Fabio Capello said he was happy enough with the Euro 2012 draw, as his side were placed alongside France, Sweden & co-hosts Ukraine.

He told BBC Sport: ''Now we r here all the teams r very good. They hv arrived in tis position in the tournament becos they r very good.

''Of the other groups, I think Group B is very difficult becos Portugal, Germany & Holland r very tough. Probably the best group was Group A but we r happy with Group D. It is a tough group but better than Group B.''

Capello added tat England will not move their base fr Krakow, even though all of their group games will be played in Ukraine.

He said: ''Absolutely not becos we hv found a really good place. I m happy with the facilities & we will stay in the same place in Krakow.''

Capello admits making a good start against France will be imperative.

The Italian added: ''Most difficult will be the 1st game against France. The 1st game is always difficult 2 play becos of the pressure. A result will be very important.''

The tournament will mark the end of Capello's tenure with the 3 Lions, & he confirmed he will not reconsider his future no matter the outcome 4 his side.

''I m happy with my job, & I hope my last tournament will be something important 4 the fans,'' he said.

Assessing the tournament as a whole, Capello said: ''The favourite always is Spain, they r the best team in world @ the moment, difficult 2 beat, fantastic. Holland are also a good team & probably u can find a surprise - Portugal is 1 & some new teams, maybe 1 of the teams tat host the tournament.''

4mer England captain Paul Ince was also pleased with the draw. Ince told BBC Radio 5 Live: ''Overall we hv 2 be delighted. It is a fantastic group 4 us.

''When u look @ the groups we hv had, in qualification & in the World Cup, the gods hv been smiling down on us & they hv certainly done it again 2night. If we can't get ourselves thru tat group we hv only got ourselves 2blame.

''On paper we should win all those games but the French r always tough, Ukraine @ home will hv loads of fans behind them - the atmosphere will be crazy.

''On paper it looks easy but I m sure Capello will not take anything 4 granted.''