Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10 / Power: 0
asiancrazy deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Cool Re: CAUTION in CP or China for that matter - Public Service Announcement

Just to add my experience
It happen while i was in Guangzhou long distance bus station ,try to get a bus back.I was late, when i reached the counter the staff said they had stop sell the tichet. While I walk out, a man approach me say that he can help,bringing me to catch the bus when it turn out of the station. So I follow him to a street at back of the staion to met a man said he it the manager, wearing long sleeve with tie and a bus company badge. He told me to pay him 400mb for bus fare and bus is arriving in 5 min . Bus cannot stop to long so had to be hurry.I took out 4 100mb and pass to him.He return one of the note said it is dity cannot accept. I took another note to exchange,again he say is diry cannot accept. When he did it another time I suddenly rememder this is the tick for exchange fake notes . I told him I'm not taking the bus, ask him to return the money. Immediatly four man gather around me.I know I am in troubles, so i ask what they want. they told me to exchange another 100, so ran ran put out a 100 note ,to give them because in my pocket stll had few thousands,I worry that they will rob me. Quickly jump into motorbike told him to take me to main street. Later I decide to make a police report, knowing is no use but just to make police do some works. After asking around I found the police station. I told them I want to make a police report and was told to wait. While waiting, a lady aslo came to make report that her handbag was slap while walkking on the street.Which is common in Guangzhoun. Than a man came to report, conned to exchange fakes. After waiting for 15 min I was call into a room to met a police officer. I show him my foreigner residence permit, the officer immediate change his attitude, expand that those peoples are from another state and his story..... He told me they do employ security to guide that street. He also drove me back to shown me the security post.High crime area police need to employ serurity.
After make the report I check into a hotel which I met a Singaporean, I told him the story. he said it common in Guangzhou, he himself had rodded 3 time in a year staying in Guangzhou. It is umcommon if you are not rob, pickpocket or con, Fake notes is common in Guangzhou, Those old ladys selling things at road side will also con u with fake note He told me if you pass 100 notes to anybody remember the last 2 digit so when they said cannot accepted and return you the note .you know whether it is the ordinary note..
I also learn for the lession, alway buy tickets at counter, buy things for shops. As the chinese said run awlay the monk still can find the temple.
D'not belive people approach you at bus or train station ofter you good deal.
My writing may not be good but I just like to share. Hopefully other d'not make the same mistake.
There are more cases which i seen. when I free I will try to write more
Sorry for the long uninterest story