View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 488 / Power: 20
Castrol is a glorious beacon of lightCastrol is a glorious beacon of lightCastrol is a glorious beacon of lightCastrol is a glorious beacon of lightCastrol is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Tottenham Hotspur - the Pride of London

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
Oil sheikh, alamak luck of draw we red devils kena cockerels in 4th rd. Was thinking of an easier path with another minnow team
yingyang master, i think the unfortunate party is spurs. i was hoping spurs can play derby or kettering...
i really wish spurs can overcome all odds and win the FA or UEFA cup, not for the glory but to restore some prestige to the club. spurs is losing out in getting good star players' signature. riquelme, van der vart... all dont want to join spurs lah, spurs is not big enough these days.

good news 1: defoe and downing for spurs! my baby defoe is coming back, i can... not... believe it! as for downing, i am hoping gareth bale can start to play attacking left wing instead of left back, he's very creative and is a great dribbler. he played left back during the wigan game. anyway downing's transfer request was turned down by boro so the chance is slim lah.

good news 2: i said i wanted him during the world cup in 2006, i quarrelled with levy and jol and ramos when they vetoed my proposal but now it is finally happening. i give you... stephen appiah!

Ghana midfielder Stephen Appiah is in the frame to become Harry Redknapp's first signing of the transfer window, after training with Tottenham.

Appiah, who has been a free agent since the summer following a dispute with Turkish side Fenerbahce, looks set to be offered a deal until the end of the season.

The 28-year-old has suffered knee injuries in the past, but Redknapp is confident that will not be a problem and is hoping to arrange a deal.

''I watched him an awful lot for Ghana - about six times - but I ended up taking Sulley Muntari because Juventus were asking £14million for Appiah,'' said Redknapp. ''Appiah was the captain of Ghana. He played in midfield with (Michael) Essien and Muntari - that was their midfield.

thanks harry, great minds think alike.