View Single Post
Old 28-10-2022, 02:41 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 164 / Power: 7
retirebatam is a Helpful and Caring Samsterretirebatam is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
Thats why i find it quite surprising why you only visit Batam for 2 nights (or was it 3?) ? I notice bro nitecrawllerr only go for a night.

Ferry ticket price is crazily high to me now (comparing Horizon to Horizon via pre-covid time & today). But you & i still go, right?

Believe or not, even if ferry ticket S$100 for 2 way, you & me will still go Batam.
Sorry was a typo, went for a 4 days 3 nights stay

Last time when ferry ticket was $48, used to go to Batam quarterly (3 months once)

Now the ferry ticket is $70, will plan to go (4 months once) but with longer stay.

If increase again to $100 two way, then maybe further reduce to twice a year (6 months once) with even longer stay

There is only two way you can buy ferry ticket at a cheaper price.

1) Source for tour agency in batam or those ferry ticket shop that offers two way ferry ticket at a cheaper price, currently the one I encountered was 690k (two way)

2) Wait for the rupiah to devalue to say maybe 12000 per sing dollar and quickly convert to buy the ticket.

As seen from rupiah exchange rate chart below, rupiah has devalue from 10519 to 11056 which is 537 rupiah per sing dollar for the past one month period.

% devalued of rupiah for past one month = 537/10519 x 100% = 5.1%

I will not be surprise to see the rupiah depreciate further when US increase their interest rate again and MAS further strengthening of the sing dollar in the near future.

Last edited by retirebatam; 28-10-2022 at 02:53 AM.