Old 13-07-2022, 10:47 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21 / Power: 0
blueshark01 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Visiting ex FL in her homeland

Pearlnjewel bro, I've actually done exactly that, just came back on Monday.

I told myself the same thing as you did. I also thought, I've never been to her homeland before, and since travel restrictions have loosened, why not take this opportunity to go on a holiday after being stuck at home for so long? Plus having familiar (albeit paid) companionship will be better than dragging my not-street-smart ass about on my own in a foreign land.

Now that I'm back, let's just say I severely overestimated my reasoning and resolve about not getting (too) attached. Because when I'm dead honest with myself, my main reason for going was because I really wanted to see her, spend time with her and know her more as an actual person. In other words, the attachment was already present and strong within me. Or as other Samsters put it, I KC-ed myself.

This is just my experience, may be different for you. You just got to be really honest with yourself about exactly why and how much you want to see her and enjoy time together, that you want to go over and find her when there are so many other FLs available. I believe acknowledging what you really feel and what your real intentions are will help no matter the outcome.

We all know and read enough about why we shouldn't get involved with FLs beyond the pump-n'-go. But alas, we are still human, flesh-and-blood beings that are wired for connection, relationship and intimacy, with yearnings and desires. Hope this helps somewhat, though no judgement here if you do end up going.