View Single Post
Old 17-08-2021, 01:43 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1563 / Power: 10
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: Marrying a single mom…

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualpika View Post
Me and my wife don’t stay together(need to separate 3 years for uncontested divorce) so I move back to my parents place. Will sell the HDB and split. Because I move back to my parent place…. I need to respect them.. respect their decision.
you respect their decision. But do they respect yours?
You sell your hdb and split the proceeds. cant buy a smaller flat with the proceeds?

Some advice for you:

1. when marrying or dating someone, dont be limited by your parents' decisions. You're the one marrying, not them. Ultimately if things dont go as planned, you have full responsibility of all the consequences, not so much for your parents. Having said that, its still wise to consider their views (not decisions). As older people tend to give better advice on life experiences. Sometimes they can see through a person better than you do.

2. know that a lot of single mums are just looking for someone to share their expenses with. Its really hard to raise a kid, not to mention that they have to do it singlehandly. Thats far from true love. Of course, such things are difficult to tell from a 2nd person point of view. 3rd parties would be able to assess that person better for you.

3. Dont expect any mums to deprioritise their kid for anyone else. Yes, everything in both your lives after that will be "her kid comes first" policy. You may understand that, but can you live with it? Decisions such as, live where, buy what house, tonight eat what maybe we go eat jap bbq (but my kid want to eat mcdonalds today), where should we go for holiday, what should we do this weekend, etc.

Last edited by fallen11; 18-08-2021 at 11:49 AM.