View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 01:29 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRider_555 View Post
Due to coronavirus, alot of CNY movie release are being hold back.I believe the move is to prevent bad box office results and lose money.
I see...no wonder no good movie in Batam. 1st time go Batam, i didnt watch any movie from their theater.

But i am watching movies online in the room with my girl,hehehe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye007 View Post
Yes u found it, Hong Ti Seafood is the place that I’m referring to. The Pai Gu Wang is quite nice; go try it and let me know your verdict...
Will do so in my later trips to Batam. CNY not a good time as they are likely to close during those period.

It would be good to recce a bit around Windsor area too. That area seems to be quite a bit of a treasure island. Even Meximo Pub wantan noodle is around that area too.

Thank you for verifying with me the location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye007 View Post
No, the reason is because all these CNY Chinese movies have to be premiered in China and cannot be premiered in other countries first.

The premieres of these CNY movies have been delayed in China as a measure to slow down the spread of the Wuhan virus; to minimise mass congregation.
In the event if you or anyone needs to buy any mask, can buy in Batam. No need to buy in Singapore which is selling at sky rocketing price now.

Cost of 50 pieces in a box selling at Batam Penuin Top 100, Grand Batam Mall cost 20k rupiah,hehehe...there have been so much talk on TV now regarding price-hike of those mask.

* this message is probably too late by now,hehehe...probably all masks were sold out or be very expensive, if there is any left.

Just sharing.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info