View Single Post
Old 30-01-2020, 07:38 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane88 View Post
I dun think so...your family had to come identify you before embassy asked undertaker to help send your body back...btw not free hor...your family will need to pay heavily...best can cremate there and then bring the ashes back...this way easier and cheaper...
I believe every country also the same. I look at it this way, i rob someone in Batam, kill him and took all his passport, ID etc and disfigure his face, then dump him in some deep forestation. I think its going to take a really long time to find this guy's ID to have his body returned back to Singapore.

In other word, hospital needs to ID the patient 1st. This applies to even Singapore hospital as well.

The consulate should be the one who would try to make arrangement to coordinate both side of authorities, to help make traveling back home easier when an issue occur, eg. accident, hospitalization, virus outbreak, terrorist attack etc (even death).

Quote:
For those who travel frequently...hope you guys tot of all these in case of emergency who to contact and how to go back...
This is a MUST. I often keep in contact with Singapore when i am in Batam. With such advance technology in communication, contacting one another is a breeze.

No less than 3 bros in SBF would know i would be in Batam,hehehe...

Quote:
Think I read this in PP Cambodia thread, a guy had a sudden heart attack...luckily guy was with friends...his friends send him to hospital and admitted...called the son from Singapore to bring in USD15k for the operations...then recover need to send home...all these are not cheap...

Another case...friend bang by motorbike and need to operate broken knee...immediately book ticket to fly home from hcm...then send to hospital for operations...need help in hcm airport and singapore airport to transfer...
Pay "advance" i believe would probably be a "must", mostly serve as some sort of "deposit" until insurance claiming ,when the person gets back to his/her country.

I think indonesia, even their local needs to pay in advance to the hospital for major accidents too.

I read it online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitecrawllerr View Post
I believe Nono did mention some time ago. Wonder wats the outcome?
Here :

https://sbfsg.org/showthread.php?p=...0#post18986760

Basically, one year basic travel insurance (Aviva) to Asean countries for a year is about S$183 a year. Cover emergency evacuation of S$250k,hehehe...

Helicopter cost from Batam to Singapore :

https://sbfsg.org/showthread.php?p=...post1901 0466

Formosa Residence has a helicopter pad. Medical Helicopter flies from Hang Nadim Airport (to Singapore).

Outcome? Buy 1 year travel insurance if any Singaporean is often out of Singapore,at least the most basic one.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info