View Single Post
Old 16-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Samster (B)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1025 / Power: 0
Grounded Eagle has much to be proud ofGrounded Eagle has much to be proud ofGrounded Eagle has much to be proud ofGrounded Eagle has much to be proud ofGrounded Eagle has much to be proud ofGrounded Eagle has much to be proud ofGrounded Eagle has much to be proud ofGrounded Eagle has much to be proud of
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy
you are most welcome.... your divorce was contested and the court hearing is final... that is right.. but the the divorce proceeding is complete yet...

"After three (3) months from the granting of a Decree Nisi or after ancillary matters have been settled, which ever is later, we will proceed to extract the Certificate of making Decree Nisi Absolute. The Court will take about 2 weeks to 1 month to release the Certificate of Making Decree Nisi Absolute.

Upon receipt of the said Certificate of Making Decree Nisi Absolute, the divorce proceeding is completed.
"

Need some clarification here. I have a buddy who contested his divorce & was granted decree nisi 4 mths ago. He has fulfilled all his required responsibilities under the ancillary matters and was expecting the other party to complete the extraction of the decree nisi absolute.

The problem now is the other party does not want to honour the agreement on the ancillary matters now claiming she was badly advised by her lawyer. She has changed to a new lawyer. Do my buddy have to go through the whole process again? Can he extract the decree nisi absolute instead.