View Single Post
Old 03-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 140 / Power: 21
ace7788 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guyace7788 deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

Thanks for your insightful information.

It seems like the lawyer did not give me a good picture. He told me that the court hearing is considered final, and I will be considered as "Single" since the marriage is void. Well. It is good to seek alternative legal advice in future.

My question:
1.What if the party changes her mind? I am the respondent. I do not and will not change my mind for the annulment.

it will only complicate matters...it depends on the reason.... get your lawyer to advise you on this further.. as always.. please consider the possibility of a reconciliation between you and your spouse...esp if you have young ones..

We don't want a reconciliation. The love was gone. Can't even see face-to-face now. Just hope the remaining issues will be solved and that's it. We do not have any kids. I am thinking about what if the "petitioner" changes her mind - what will happen?

2. Can I state on my employment form my marital status as "Single"?
the divorce proceeding is not complete yet and your status will still be married.

Personally, I think I have been poorly advised by my ex-spouse lawyer. So many issues remain unsolved. Don't know whether these few months can go out with girls or not.

normal outing is Ok... but avoid any initmate behavior... ..

Thanks for the advice. I have earlier thought that since the marriage is void, and the Decree Nisi was issued, we can do anything we want now. Maybe I should keep low profile for some time - no more KTV and HC for 2 months