View Single Post
Old 14-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by iicycold View Post
Ya,they do hav the tendency 2 take their own sweet time which smtime let ppl mistook they've the cn't be bother attitude. Like eating in sm restaurants like tat,sm time the first dish comes only after half hr later. So,i tink a slower pace & lackin sm sense of urgency were part of their culture. Smthg we hav to learn to adapt to.
Yes,i agreed with you,and that one has to get used to their customer servicing culture. Lets not forget they also treat the locals and foreigners differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iicycold View Post
Jus dn't go tell the folks u r bringing along with tat thse places u r abt to bring em to were terrorist prompt places. U might scare the living hell out of em even b4 the trip commerce.
When i see your message,i really laugh it out. The fact is they already knew about the terrorist residing in Batam from the daily news in Sillypore. Well,i think they just feel safer with me around bringing them to places around Batam when i describe to them that touristy places were mostly carrot-chopping places too.

Name me 5 popular tourist places of Batam where there is a highest concentration of tourists. My say is :

1. Batam Center Ferry terminal (including Mega Mall)

2. Nagoya Hill Mall (including massage places in that area)

3. Golden City area where Golden Prawn restaurants were situated

4. Harris Resort and its ferry terminal (The Waterfront City)

5. NED - Nagoya Entertainment district

(i almost wanted to add Windsor Food court tho,but that place is only crowded after 9pm)

The rest of the places that was known to me,like BCS mall,Windsor Tua Pek Kong temple etc were just 2nd grade in terms of being crowded with tourists. Shh...i read in the news,terrorist were targetting Singaporean and Malaysians in Batam,so when i choose my top 5,i do take that into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Page View Post
Is just 5 hours enough for you?
You are not a bonk-and-go type...
Its enough for me to recce around 1st and to make arrangement during the day tho,hehehe...to look for what i want, so that my 'Cinderella' can come to my room later. Already tried and tested it on my 30th Batam trip which works pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Page View Post
I suggest you set up a very tiring day program for your aunties and uncles, made of long hikes and walks for shopping and sightseeing. After 8pm, they will be exhausted and will head to their rooms to sleep. THEN, you will have all the night for yourself.
The problem with sightseeing is i need to be physically there for at least an hour or so but not on shopping and spa massage. Yes,i will want to wear them out too. Before your message,i am still pondering on the sequence of whether Spa Treatment 1st or temple visit and/or shopping 1st.

Now i know how the sequence should go,hehehe....thank you.

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info