The Asian Commercial Sex Scene

The Asian Commercial Sex Scene (https://sbfsg.agency/index.php)
-   Matters of the Heart. (https://sbfsg.agency/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Issue with ICA (https://sbfsg.agency/showthread.php?t=179936)

koites 24-04-2010 12:54 PM

Re: Issue with ICA

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_Villa (Post 4798817)
IMHO ICA r "biased" against female tourists from the developing country. this is the main reason i can think of.

Have u ever heard of a SWW been deported at the airport? :cool: :mad:

What's SWW?

Ange|Boy 24-04-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koites (Post 4798821)
=

Can brothers please advise? Our real wedding is in her home country in June. Should I kind of get a date with ROM (Singapore) somewhere in June and print out the confirmation slip in case the ICA tries to stop her from entering?

Should I get a date with ROM in May instead? This would be more prudent as we could apply for the pass earlier and kind of set in stone the nature of our r/ship. However, this would mean our "real" wedding isn't in June. It becomes May instead.

Sorry for the long reply. I really want to avoid any trouble. By the way, she gets 90day SVP each time she enters Singapore.

ICA only recognise Singapore ROM cert cos they have a stupid mindset of in other countries, paper can be easily obtain using money. If u have ROM in Singapore and your wife got problem, they just go after you. Simple as that.

How I know... cos I also thinking of the same thing and did ask ICA before.... HAHAHA

laukk 24-04-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SH149 (Post 4788294)
Its not easy to married someone other than singapore
I have somr frenz that their wife ate from thai also
Cos she often in out here that makes her a easy target for ICA to sent her home w/o reason even there is u can't possibly argue with them as they have the authority to do it so the next step as mentioned look for the MP especially when the next GE is coming :p

I beg to differ to seek help fm your MP. It depends who is your MP. If you are in opposition wards, then forget it !!! But if you are in Minister wards especially Ah Liong and ah seng ward, then your MP appeal letter carries some heavyweigh as it is big bosses asking them. So it all depends on the ward you are staying. Thats my 2 cents worth.:D

koites 24-04-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ange|Boy (Post 4798867)
ICA only recognise Singapore ROM cert cos they have a stupid mindset of in other countries, paper can be easily obtain using money. If u have ROM in Singapore and your wife got problem, they just go after you. Simple as that.

How I know... cos I also thinking of the same thing and did ask ICA before.... HAHAHA

So you're suggesting we get an ROM date from Singapore as well?

koites 24-04-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laukk (Post 4798886)
I beg to differ to seek help fm your MP. It depends who is your MP. If you are in opposition wards, then forget it !!! But if you are in Minister wards especially Ah Liong and ah seng ward, then your MP appeal letter carries some heavyweigh as it is big bosses asking them. So it all depends on the ward you are staying. Thats my 2 cents worth.:D

So we can't actually go to a different town and seek help from another MP? Do heavyweights like PM Lee still attend Meet the People sessions?

David_Villa 24-04-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koites (Post 4798839)
What's SWW?

stupid white woman. :)

S.B.Y 24-04-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_Villa (Post 4798944)
stupid white woman. :)

From South West Wales

Hurricane88 24-04-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koites (Post 4798839)
What's SWW?

Stupid White Woman - SWW...:)

SureScore 24-04-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koites (Post 4798821)
As you can see, she was questioned in MArch. And from March till late June when we finally really settle in Singapore, she will be entering and leaving Singapore for another three times. There are many opportunities for her to be deported like TS's case.

Can brothers please advise? Our real wedding is in her home country in June. Should I kind of get a date with ROM (Singapore) somewhere in June and print out the confirmation slip in case the ICA tries to stop her from entering?

Should I get a date with ROM in May instead? This would be more prudent as we could apply for the pass earlier and kind of set in stone the nature of our r/ship. However, this would mean our "real" wedding isn't in June. It becomes May instead.

Sorry for the long reply. I really want to avoid any trouble. By the way, she gets 90day SVP each time she enters Singapore.

Best is to ROM in Singapore, then with the cert apply your wife for LTSVP and then apply PR together.

To get all these approved best to have at least 3 years of good CPF contribution.

Not sure how your gf can get SVP 90 days now?

Star3 25-04-2010 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ange|Boy (Post 4798867)
ICA only recognise Singapore ROM cert cos they have a stupid mindset of in other countries, paper can be easily obtain using money.

That's not true. Marriage certificates from other countries are also recognised in Singapore but before submission to the authorities, the certificate need to be :-
a) notarised;
b) endorsed by the embassy/high commission of the country that issued the certificate; and
c) endorsed by our MFA. :D

Star3 25-04-2010 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laukk (Post 4798886)

Seeking assistance from your MP/Minister does not mean that your case will be favourable. On the contrary, it may have adverse effect instead.

When an appeal from the MP / Minister is received, the file is pulled and tagged and be monitored closely. Details are scrutinised and background checks are done more thoroughly thru overt and covert means. More often than not, negative information turns up that does not help the appellant's case. If any shit or dirt is found, MP /Minister oso dun want the appeal to succeed.

In a normal case, the officer will just browse thru the file and stamp according to the tabulated guideline (There is SOP guideline to follow). No officer in his right mind wants to do extra work and koret here koret there. But no choice if appeal letter comes in.

So bros dun think see MP / Minister for assistance will make your case stronger. It will only make the case officer tulan and koret all your shit. :D

Star3 25-04-2010 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koites (Post 4797171)
So, even if the wife didn't violate any offence, her application for LTSVP (Long-term Social Visit Pass) can be rejected based on the whims of the ICA ppl? What if it keeps getting rejected? Do they expect us to divorce or immigrate?

There is a tabulated formula for approval of SVP / LTSVP that is used by the ICA officers. They cannot suka suka give approval for Xx number of days. There is a limit to the total sum of days that a visitor from XX country is allowed to stay in singapore. Once the limit is used up, sorry you have to wait for the next cycle to start again (usually after 60 days). :D

Star3 25-04-2010 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koites (Post 4792565)
My friend experienced exactly the same problem as you! She was questioned on her third visit back to Singapore. She's running some business in her home country and has been staying there for more than month. After I told him about your post, he's very worried. Hopefully, she won't be deported because they are going to get married soon in June. If she's deported, how is she going to apply for a long term social visit pass? Seriously, the authorities are really jumping the gun man.

Go back and try again after 60 days. ;)

Star3 25-04-2010 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neos (Post 4798728)
However it turns out, all the best to you.

But really can't blame ICA either, such repeated entries are bound to raise suspicions. On the other hand, I am not familiar with the goverment bodies, maybe some bros can give some info on which ministry TS can go to check if there is something more ?

No need to check here check there. ICA is under Home Team. All the government bodies is oredi connected. :D

Star3 25-04-2010 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David_Villa (Post 4798817)
IMHO ICA r "biased" against female tourists from the developing country. this is the main reason i can think of.

Have u ever heard of a SWW been deported at the airport? :cool: :mad:

The total number of days alloted to nationals of different countries varies accordingly. Some countries have more days, some have less. ;) But dun ask me why, go ask the policy makers :p