PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Chinese medicine - Power 1 Walnut

IDOL
14-02-2008, 08:32 AM
The Health Sciences Authority (HSA) has issued a warning against a product called Power 1 Walnut.

The public is advised not to consume this illegal product.

It is believed to contain two potent ingredients - glibenclamide and sildenafil. The ingredients are prescription-only medicines which should only be taken under strict medical supervision.

The product's label stated the manufacturer as Guangzhou Xinkauili Company.

Based on HSA's preliminary investigations, the product is likely to have been illegally brought into Singapore.

It claims to contain only natural herbal ingredients and is marketed for sexual enhancement in both men and women.

The HSA said it had received serious adverse drug reaction reports of two male patients who had consumed Power 1 Walnut. They had developed very low blood sugar levels.

This condition, if untreated in time, could lead to unconsciousness, seizures and sometimes death. - CNA/ms

sexper
14-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Hope no bros here taking this drug .....
So those going motherland better beware what sex performance pill etc you take .... never know what it is

wat2woopee
15-02-2008, 12:15 PM
The Health Sciences Authority (HSA) has issued a warning against a product called Power 1 Walnut.

The public is advised not to consume this illegal product.

It is believed to contain two potent ingredients - glibenclamide and sildenafil. The ingredients are prescription-only medicines which should only be taken under strict medical supervision.

The product's label stated the manufacturer as Guangzhou Xinkauili Company.

Based on HSA's preliminary investigations, the product is likely to have been illegally brought into Singapore.

It claims to contain only natural herbal ingredients and is marketed for sexual enhancement in both men and women.

The HSA said it had received serious adverse drug reaction reports of two male patients who had consumed Power 1 Walnut. They had developed very low blood sugar levels.

This condition, if untreated in time, could lead to unconsciousness, seizures and sometimes death. - CNA/ms

Today papers again more victims hospitalized for consuming this stuff:mad:

Insider
15-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Looks like it is more widespread then initially thought. Plus those not seriously affected and kept quiet ones .... wonder whether any bros have taken it before.

Intel Ops
15-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Was reported in today's Straits Times. :(

lsly
15-02-2008, 04:13 PM
The first one was yesterday, today again .... :eek:

azumi
16-02-2008, 10:10 AM
yeah - i dun understands why people want to eat those.. and i hope not one is hurt.

anyway, there are those cream u can apply. on ur dick mah , its on the TV ads also..

i think those safer then those u eat.

Pussy Explorer
16-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Dont think we all shld take this kind of risk to try this

F Off
16-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Whatever medicine it is, if it is not approved by garmen .... dont take .. else you will be taking risk

Kong Guan
16-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Read from paper that, the stall and someone was caught in the raid at the backlane of desker for selling walnut.

staphan
18-02-2008, 09:08 AM
This type of medicine always have demand ... always have guys need to show prowess in sexxion ....

EtherC
20-02-2008, 11:31 AM
I have tried to warn brothers here when they mentioned buying some sex drugs from geylang in an earlier post. Check my posts. Hope that no one got victimized.

smellycat
22-02-2008, 10:19 PM
from Channelnewsasia.com (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/330494/1/.html)

At least 10 hospitalised after taking "sexual enhancement" pill
Posted: 22 February 2008 1817 hrs

SINGAPORE: Ten people have been hospitalised after consuming an illegal product called "Power 1 Walnut" since the first case was reported three weeks ago.

They developed serious adverse symptoms of low blood sugar, which include dizziness, cold sweat, anxiety and loss of consciousness. Nine people have since recovered. All those hospitalised were males between the age of 30 and 70.

The Health Sciences Authority (HSA) said it has stepped up its enforcement efforts and three raids were conducted in the past week at Desker, Rowell and Petain Roads.

Four people were caught for possessing illegal products for sale and a total of S$200,000 worth of "sexual enhancement" products was seized. Among them were over 2,000 Power 1 Walnut pills.

Sold between one and two dollars each, they claim to enhance a person's sexual ability. But the HSA said it contains potent drugs that have led to one case of stroke.

The drugs – glibenclamide and sildenafil – are normally used to treat diabetes and impotency. But in this case, the amount of glibenclamide found was five to 40 times the normal dosage.

The HSA noted that this is the first time in recent years that it has picked up such a large number of cases that are potentially fatal. Other ASEAN countries and China have been warned about this product.

The Authority also advised the public not to buy or consume products from dubious sources.

Dr John Lim, chief executive officer of HSA, said: "For this particular product, it can cause anything from dizziness to unconsciousness and stroke. People could die from low blood sugar."

Anyone caught for possession of illegal products for sale could be fined up to S$10,000 and jailed for up to two years.

- CNA/so

Raidster1
22-02-2008, 11:31 PM
saw this drug sold at desker more than 6 months ago. lucky never try:eek:

Mr Canon
23-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Never ever trust those uncles in Desker Road, if you are not risk takers

obnoxious
25-02-2008, 10:44 AM
If possible, never trust any of this sex drugs ... even if it is approved, it is never 100% safe, there are always some people who will be affected adversely affected, so why take the risk ...

Ah Loon
25-02-2008, 10:52 AM
What about "Magix" pill that feature in our website. I believe it from China too, has it got the approval from the health board here to advertise.

F O R C E
25-02-2008, 12:40 PM
I dont think it is approved. There are threads on this, and some bros who have taken it have mixed reviews ... generally it make your kuku stand longer but there are some side effects which I cant rem liao, maybe you can do a search

MrDevil
29-02-2008, 03:59 PM
What about "Magix" pill that feature in our website. I believe it from China too, has it got the approval from the health board here to advertise.

Please don't make misleading statement. Magix is from natural ingredients as listed on the website. Magix has been promoted thru word of mouths since the last 4~5 years.

block11
16-05-2008, 11:04 PM
update..... another two die after consuming illegal sex drugs (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/348207/1/.html)

be careful bros ;)

kimbaklor
17-05-2008, 01:32 AM
update..... another two die after consuming illegal sex drugs (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/348207/1/.html)

be careful bros ;)

Wah! That was scary! :o