PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Advice needed

cooldick
16-01-2008, 09:02 PM
hi bros, I knw I should do some research myself .. but i do hope some bros here can provide some gd info... I am looking for a nite out with a friend tomorrow. And the cheapest hotel stay i found a nite is at fragrance @ abt $80 per nite. Is there any bros our there care to provide me some info like where else got cheaper hotel rm... say abt $50 per nite. but not too shabby, almost same as hotel81..

Any bros got any info like hotel name and contact number that is located near to pasir panjang one ? Prefer to be out of Geylang one....

Thanks bros.....

ramses
17-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Try harbourside hotel along kg bahru rd, price around H81 ... and got breakfast somemore

Titslover
17-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Bro,

hotel rate in sg ordy up by 20~30% since last year due to high occupancy. $80 per nite is quite cheap for H81. Dun think u can get one ard $50 per nite and expect for comfortable stay. Nowadays budget hotel rate is ard $100 per nite after all the taxes.

tomvoyeur
18-01-2008, 12:51 AM
hotel rate in sg ordy up by 20~30% since last year due to high occupancy. $80 per nite is quite cheap for H81. Dun think u can get one ard $50 per nite and expect for comfortable stay. Nowadays budget hotel rate is ard $100 per nite after all the taxes.

Habourside Hotel costs around $70 a nite but the accomodation is really not good la. Its more like those budget hotels u get in BKK.

Fat Fatt
18-01-2008, 01:13 AM
try upper weld road, unit 41-43. just off the road and quiet. but its a budget hotel, so not too high expectation.

Good for bringing GF, who dont want to be associated with those Fragrance hotel 81s as those are places for whores (my former prc GF describes those places like that).

anyway, i lost my GF when she migrated so its been sometime since i was there.

thickhead
18-01-2008, 01:15 AM
if the difference of $30 means so much, i doubt you should even be thinking of doing it! be more generous ... girls should be pampered ... give her a clean room ... why risk a lousy place and have her lose all her mood when entering the room?

TH

rapebill
18-01-2008, 10:30 AM
you can search for a hotel at the following URL

Uniquely Singapore - Accommodation Search (http://www.visitsingapore.com/publish/stbportal/en/home/apps/accommodation_search.html)

you can even specify price range and location

mjking
18-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Habourside Hotel costs around $70 a nite but the accomodation is really not good la. Its more like those budget hotels u get in BKK.

Hehe, but there got buffet BF for 2 ....

<<<SUCHINDA>>>
18-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Go to GL for the cheapest budget hotels......forget 81 & Frangrance.....now their prices going up & up :mad:

people power
18-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Haha, I suppose need to go recce for cheap place ... :)

<<<SUCHINDA>>>
18-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Hehe, but there got buffet BF for 2 ....Stayed in Frangrance 2 nites ago......they also have BF too.....hehehe....now 81 & Frangrance trying to shake off "budget" tag......

surgeon
18-01-2008, 01:10 PM
:eek: Fragrance got give buffet ... never been to any Fragrance, bro <<<Suchinda>>> , what kind of buffet is that?

<<<SUCHINDA>>>
18-01-2008, 01:16 PM
:eek: Fragrance got give buffet ... never been to any Fragrance, bro <<<Suchinda>>> , what kind of buffet is that?
Paiseh they gave me coupons but bonk until 6am overslept never go eat......i believe not all branches have......i was at the Selegie one........upstairs got swimming pool somemore but price was around $120 (liddat call budget?)

Few times went to Hotel 81 (Bencoolen & Upper Changi) because the girls din want go GL.....average around (depending on holidays, weekends) $120 - $135!!! WTF! Ripoff man!:mad:

RTplayer
18-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Only you can afford Hotel stay, only you can stay in hotels.

Few times went to Hotel 81 (Bencoolen & Upper Changi) because the girls din want go GL.....average around (depending on holidays, weekends) $120 - $135!!! WTF! Ripoff man!:mad:

scott999
19-01-2008, 04:53 AM

Yes, sad to say all hotel prices went up since last year.
From STB website, average room rate last month was $200+!!!

knn, all my fav hotel in the $100+ range last 1-3 years,
now cost me $200+!

dun wanna to bring FB to Fragrance or 81 as i wanna pamper her.
Dun want her to feel the sleaze or like a FL.

I think best option is to rent a room/apartment by the month.
Those bros who wants a budget solution, this may be the one. :D

Any samster got good and relatively affordable hotels to recommend?
$100+ range but not 81 or fragrance type.

Can pm or post here?
+3 for all valuable contributions.

Taoist
19-01-2008, 05:00 AM
I am too really getting fedup of Hotel prices in SG. We are paying too much. :mad: . I used to remember staying with my mm at The Strand for SGD90. Those were the days ...

cooldick
20-01-2008, 04:14 AM
thanks all bros for all help, ..........

Rub&Buah
20-01-2008, 04:48 AM
The price of hotel in sg in getting more & more ridiculious nowadays.I rem the good time when i stay in

Hotel rendezvous at only 80 nett with fantastic buffet breakfast throw in!

Gallery hotel(named hotel evason last time) at i think 118++?

strand hotel 80nett(even got transit like 81,but nowadays no more:()

Royal on scotts 99net for local rate.

Hangout hotel at mount emily 60nett.

All abv was abt 5yrs ago.

Budget hotel frangrance/h81 is abt 50 per nite.Nowadays average 120+(except gl area 70-90)can go crazy till about 220+ in chinatown during peak!:eek:

Best deal i ever get is h81 cherry which cos only 39 cheapest 81 in sg last year somemore 12hr system if u check in after midnite:D

<<<SUCHINDA>>>
20-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Hehehe talking abt good old days......nnkc actually it wasnt so long ago also, only abt 2-3 yrs ago nia nia.....go GL stay budget as cheap as $30 per nite. All across the board hotel rates up up & up.....:(

RTplayer
20-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Only you know hotel rates, only you can stay in hotels.

Hehehe talking abt good old days......nnkc actually it wasnt so long ago also, only abt 2-3 yrs ago nia nia.....go GL stay budget as cheap as $30 per nite. All across the board hotel rates up up & up.....

scott999
21-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Hotel rendezvous at only 80 nett with fantastic buffet breakfast throw in!
Gallery hotel(named hotel evason last time) at i think 118++?
strand hotel 80nett(even got transit like 81,but nowadays no more:()
Royal on scotts 99net for local rate.
Hangout hotel at mount emily 60nett.

Have stayed in most hotels u mentioned above.
Yes, i also missed those rates.

I used to get $50nett for a hotel just behind orchard road!

Rub&Buah
24-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Have stayed in most hotels u mentioned above.
Yes, i also missed those rates.

I used to get $50nett for a hotel just behind orchard road!

I guess you are talking abt hotel supreme?:p

nbzz
24-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Paiseh, got Hotel Supreme one meh ....

<<<SUCHINDA>>>
24-01-2008, 02:40 PM

Wah bro you know Hotel Supreme you must be at least 40-50 year old :eek:

Think the bro talking about Grand Central....last time not so well know for FLs :D

colins
24-01-2008, 02:57 PM
recently went JC 81 and found that the rate is 79 minimum. The receptionist got this incredulous look when I asked when was the new rates effected. Then he turned into this 'i-know-you-cant-afford' look and of cos I left. After spending 49 per night (during june07, the last time i got a room there), I thought going up to 79 is a huge increase. Its like the budget airlines suddenly uplifted their image to become a normal airlines.

Quite hard to accept as everything else remains the same, esp the attitude and service. Its just pure market economics at work, budget is still budget but now you need more dough to get some peace and quiet.

I wonder if the rates in geylang 81 has gone up too.

The bro who suggested renting a place has got a great idea. Maybe its time to run our very own time-share apartment. 30 nights x $50 = $1500 can get a reasonable location and a whole flat to ourselves!

RTplayer
25-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Only you know about hotels, only you can talk about hotels.

Wah bro you know Hotel Supreme you must be at least 40-50 year old

Think the bro talking about Grand Central....last time not so well know for FLs

scott999
25-01-2008, 10:55 PM

Wah bro you know Hotel Supreme you must be at least 40-50 year old :eek:

Think the bro talking about Grand Central....last time not so well know for FLs :D

Hotel Elizabeth. :D
nbz, now room rates are close to $200!

poison
26-01-2008, 01:23 AM
Any bros got any info like hotel name and contact number that is located near to pasir panjang one ? Prefer to be out of Geylang one.........

Confirmed Pasir Panjang got 2 hotels, the old one near to road up NUS - pasir panjang hotel. Another new one near the prata side, this one dun think open for long, not sure the name thou.

VanHouten
26-01-2008, 01:27 AM
In my opinon, there are "market spoilers". E.g. If guests consistently pays for high price for room, it is unlikely that hotel will lower their price.

The hotel long knew that somebody will pay at high price and so they jack-up their room rate. :(

Singapore is becoming a tourism atraction spot, visitors can afford, they might as well give it to the tourists (especially visitors from India, Taiwan, Mainlander China, Australia, Europe & etc).

<<<SUCHINDA>>>
26-01-2008, 01:42 AM
Confirmed Pasir Panjang got 2 hotels, the old one near to road up NUS - pasir panjang hotel. Another new one near the prata side, this one dun think open for long, not sure the name thou.It is called Grand Santa Hotel.....newly opened......i paid $138 for a big room.....should have cheaper rates if not wrong

poison
26-01-2008, 01:50 AM
It is called Grand Santa Hotel.....newly opened......i paid $138 for a big room.....should have cheaper rates if not wrong

Where's the carpark?

block11
26-01-2008, 01:59 AM
Where's the carpark?

you can call them and ask..... here's the website: Santa United International Holdings Pte Ltd (http://www.santa.com.sg/hotel_westcoast.asp) :D

poison
26-01-2008, 02:03 AM
you can call them and ask..... here's the website: Santa United International Holdings Pte Ltd (http://www.santa.com.sg/hotel_westcoast.asp) :D

aiya, i tot bro suchinda can answer me mah since he already been. If the only carpark is the open one opposite, then i give there a miss..........prefer covered one or basement, more exclusive.

Also, not sure they have those short time stay or not.............