PDA

View Full Version : Questions on passes/permits etc

Striker79
30-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Like to know more on how ICA works...

I understand a China gal will have to pay a huge sum to come to SG ... why is there a need to ? Wat's this sum for ? Don't they jus buy an air ticket and come here ?

Once in SG on social visit, if a China gal falls in love with a SG guy, and intended to get married, wat are the steps taken ?

Do they go to ROM first then ICA to apply for PR ?
While waiting for a PR, the gal will get an Entry Pass right ? Can she use this Entry Pass to get a job in SG ?
Also how long (Is it 3 months ?) will the PR be approve ? Some even say 2 years !! ??

Pls enlighten me, thanks bros :o

Sha_Gua75
30-12-2007, 02:47 PM

I understand a China gal will have to pay a huge sum to come to SG ... why is there a need to ? Wat's this sum for ? Don't they jus buy an air ticket and come here ?

Once in SG on social visit, if a China gal falls in love with a SG guy, and intended to get married, wat are the steps taken ?

While waiting for a PR, the gal will get an Entry Pass right ? Can she use this Entry Pass to get a job in SG ?
Also how long (Is it 3 months ?) will the PR be approve ? Some even say 2 years !! ??

I can only help to answer a few questions.

1) Go ROM 1st then apply for PR.
2) Result of PR Application is within 3 mths
3) Dont know what Entry Pass....but U will need to apply Long Term Social Visit Pass for your wife in order to stay in Singapore while waiting for the result of the PR.
4) Sometimes not necessary to apply LTSVP if you dont wish to. Up to yourself.
5) While on LTSVP, she will not be allowed to work....but she can apply for work permit in order to work...As for how to apply for work permit...I dont know about this.
6) go to ICA and get a number and ask them face to face better...but pls note that their answer maybe the same as what u can get from their website

ahpaul25
30-12-2007, 02:54 PM

Haha, think u kenna PRC love portion.....Can't help u if u r a low pay singaporean :D plus is yr gf a degree holder?

sammyboyfor
30-12-2007, 04:10 PM

Why would any sg guy be dumb enough to fall in love with a PROSTITUTE????:eek::eek:

I<3Ivy
30-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Why would any sg guy be dumb enough to fall in love with a PROSTITUTE????:eek::eek:

Boss, you should know mah,... when it comes to Pros, all the intelligence in the world will do a man no good when he is thinking with little head. :P

I've had a friend's colleague, smart entrepreneur with MBA and own company, lose alot of time, money and heart to our "run of the mill" PRC hooker.

Sad fact of life, sometimes having more than 1 brain is not good! :D

Sboobs_lover
30-12-2007, 06:05 PM

Firstly PRC pple need to apply VISA to come in to SG on social visit (I tink they need to apply VISA to any country they wish to visit) . So they got a few ways to apply the VISA. Either they go to their local tour agency to book for a tour (which the agency will collect a sum of deposit from them) or they go to SG High Comm in China to get their VISA (the cheapest way but i tink the lowest chances) or they look for a agent in PRC to get their VISA done. Their agent will then collect a sum of money from them and they will look for a SG local sponsor to sponsor their social visit. So the money is paid to the agent for all the hussle to look for a local agent. Air ticket not included. Money ranges from $1000 - $8000 depend on the pass they get.

The second part of ur question i tink someone already answered.

ahpaul25
30-12-2007, 06:27 PM
I've had a friend's colleague, smart entrepreneur with MBA and own company, lose alot of time, money and heart to our "run of the mill" PRC hooker.

This story inform us, "A Hero can't bypass a Beauty." Anyway, we can't blame them, one day, u will be like them....hahaha...:D

Rof|maoxz
30-12-2007, 07:02 PM

Sad fact of life, sometimes having more than 1 brain is not good! :D

In a nutshell, a right woman can extend her hand and gives all her heart to you. But a wrong choice of woman can destroy man's defense system, just like influzena virus. :D

Shawn Koh
01-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Why would any sg guy be dumb enough to fall in love with a PROSTITUTE????

Possible boss, its already proven that many sg guys marrying sg, msian, thais, viets & chinese whores. Have read you Lianhe Wanbao ?
There are published such reports. :confused: Singapore girls also prostituting themselves too.

Every country also have whores not just in China :)

seiko_guy
02-01-2008, 01:01 AM
a PRC marrying a local WILL not get her PR within the first 3months..

minimum waiting time for PRC to get her PR even upon marriage is 2years. this is a new policy instill by the ICA to protect interest of the citizens.

she will be given LTSVP though, can't work.. just be a PDMM at home..

toss
02-01-2008, 05:35 AM
a PRC marrying a local WILL not get her PR within the first 3months..

minimum waiting time for PRC to get her PR even upon marriage is 2years. this is a new policy instill by the ICA to protect interest of the citizens.

she will be given LTSVP though, can't work.. just be a PDMM at home..

if this is new rule, i'm not sure.
if its not, then i beg to differ bro. my friend prc wife got pr within 3 months. he is just a normal worker, but wife gave birth to daughter la. so only ica can tell whether having baby will have strong chance to get pr. ;)

sammyboyfor
02-01-2008, 06:12 AM
if its not, then i beg to differ bro. my friend prc wife got pr within 3 months. he is just a normal worker, but wife gave birth to daughter la. so only ica can tell whether having baby will have strong chance to get pr. ;)

When your friend's daughter is older, does he intend to tell her that mummy is a prostitute? :confused:

Will he mind if his daughter enters the same profession in later life?:rolleyes:

XueJing
02-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Hmmm, a big assumption in the above discussion that the PRC gal is a WL.

Maybe she is not an WL, we shouldnt assume that ..

sammyboyfor
02-01-2008, 12:06 PM

A PRC gal in singapore who is not a whore??? :eek: You're going to tell me next that there could be PAP politicians who are not money faced! :rolleyes:

teebs_darklord
02-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Hmmm, a big assumption in the above discussion that the PRC gal is a WL.

TS mentioned that the China Gal is coming her on a social visit pass. Now, there are only 2 reasons why a China Gal would want to come here on a social visit pass:

1) Holiday
2) Work as a FL

I'm not saying that it is not possible for a china gal to come here purely for holidays and then she got such luck that she meets a nice sporean guy who wants to marry her, take care of her etc etc etc...

However, 90%+ of all china gals who come to spore on social visit passes end up working as FLs and this is an undeniable fact.

Also, an undeniable fact is that there are many naive sporean guys out there who fall in love with FLs and want to marry them etc.

84gunner
02-01-2008, 01:00 PM

as u have oredi said, many sg guys are dumb & naive. Many of them are oso deprived of sex & love. So when kena the love potion from overseas women, it's a feeling they never had b4, they're totally head over heels!!!

tOmAski33
02-01-2008, 01:11 PM
as u have oredi said, many sg guys are dumb & naive. Many of them are oso deprived of sex & love. So when kena the love potion from overseas women, it's a feeling they never had b4, they're totally head over heels!!!

Bro your remark is a bit too extreme.
Many Sg guys are not really dumb and naive as you think.
Just that in life when these guys come to a certain point they may want commitment and love and a family.
If at that point of time Sg gals or Overseas ladies come into their lives Of cos it is nature that they will fall in love with them.
Not only Women need to be loved but men give love and also need to be loved too.
It is a 2 way process to fall in love.
Just a humble opinion...

84gunner
02-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Bro your remark is a bit too extreme.
Many Sg guys are not really dumb and naive as you think.
Just that in life when these guys come to a certain point they may want commitment and love and a family.
If at that point of time Sg gals or Overseas ladies come into their lives Of cos it is nature that they will fall in love with them.
Not only Women need to be loved but men give love and also need to be loved too.
It is a 2 way process to fall in love.
Just a humble opinion...

Just look at the number of samsters here disappointed wif SG gals, not to mention non-samster SGPean!! Look at those threads complaining about SG gals / complimenting non-SG gals, etc etc!

ahpaul25
02-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Just look at the number of samsters here disappointed wif SG gals, not to mention non-samster SGPean!! Look at those threads complaining about SG gals / complimenting non-SG gals, etc etc!

Haha....it bcos SINGAPOREAN love to complain....:D

teebs_darklord
02-01-2008, 02:00 PM

1) I understand a China gal will have to pay a huge sum to come to SG ... why is there a need to ? Wat's this sum for ? Don't they jus buy an air ticket and come here ?

The money they need to pay is for the VISA so that they can come to Spore on a Social Visit Pass. They can apply for this VISA through 3 methods:

i) Through the Spore High Commission in Beijing (RMB 5.1K security Deposit, refundable one month after they return to China after their visit to Spore, RMB 110 processing fee, non refundable.)

2) Through a local contact in Singapore. Sporean contact must apply for the VISA on their behalf through ICA. Again security deposit of SGD 1K and processing fee of SGD 20 applies. Very troublesome procedure since you require copies of all her documents, her signature etc and when you get the VISA, you have to mail the original VISA back to her. You can check this website for more details: Application By Nationals of Assessment Level I Countries - Visitor Services - Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) - Singapore (http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_visitor/entry_visa/visa_level1.asp)

3) Through local China agent or travel agent. Cost ranges from RMB 20K to RMB 100K depending on the type of VISA she applies for.

Most gals would apply for their VISA through a travel agent or freelance agents in China. Applying directly through the Spore High Commission in Beijing is the cheapest option but if their application is rejected, they will never be able to get another VISA to Singapore again.

4) Once in SG on social visit, if a China gal falls in love with a SG guy, and intended to get married, wat are the steps taken ?

They will have to register their marriage at the ROM, followed by an application for PR to the ICA. All documents including their marriage cert must be submitted to the ICA for processing. While waiting for the PR application to be approved, the gal will be given a long term social visit pass which is first valid of 6 months ie. she must apply for extension at the ICA every 6 months. Subsequently, the LTSVP will be valid for 1 year subject to ICA's approval.

The time taken for PR to be approved varies. But basically if her hubby is well educated ie. degree holder, holds a good job with good pay, her PR application will be viewed favourably by the ICA. Other wise she may have to wait for more than 3 years to get her PR.

To get a job in Spore, she will have to apply for either a work permit, Employment Pass or S Pass depending on her educational qualifications.

Sha_Gua75
02-01-2008, 08:55 PM
While waiting for the PR application to be approved, the gal will be given a long term social visit pass which is first valid of 6 months ie. she must apply for extension at the ICA every 6 months.

Correct me if I am wrong....while waiting for the PR application to be approve...the gal will be given LTSVP provided that she have apply for LTSVP and get its approval

ahpaul25
03-01-2008, 01:49 AM
Correct me if I am wrong....while waiting for the PR application to be approve...the gal will be given LTSVP provided that she have apply for LTSVP and get its approval

Ya....while apply for PR, she will be issue LTSVP upon approval...:)It not easy to get PR nowsadays compare the past....:o

ahpaul25
03-01-2008, 01:55 AM
1) I understand a China gal will have to pay a huge sum to come to SG ... why is there a need to ? Wat's this sum for ? Don't they jus buy an air ticket and come here ?

The money they need to pay is for the VISA so that they can come to Spore on a Social Visit Pass. They can apply for this VISA through 3 methods:

i) Through the Spore High Commission in Beijing (RMB 5.1K security Deposit, refundable one month after they return to China after their visit to Spore, RMB 110 processing fee, non refundable.)

2) Through a local contact in Singapore. Sporean contact must apply for the VISA on their behalf through ICA. Again security deposit of SGD 1K and processing fee of SGD 20 applies. Very troublesome procedure since you require copies of all her documents, her signature etc and when you get the VISA, you have to mail the original VISA back to her. You can check this website for more details: Application By Nationals of Assessment Level I Countries - Visitor Services - Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) - Singapore (http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_visitor/entry_visa/visa_level1.asp)

3) Through local China agent or travel agent. Cost ranges from RMB 20K to RMB 100K depending on the type of VISA she applies for.

Most gals would apply for their VISA through a travel agent or freelance agents in China. Applying directly through the Spore High Commission in Beijing is the cheapest option but if their application is rejected, they will never be able to get another VISA to Singapore again.

4) Once in SG on social visit, if a China gal falls in love with a SG guy, and intended to get married, wat are the steps taken ?

They will have to register their marriage at the ROM, followed by an application for PR to the ICA. All documents including their marriage cert must be submitted to the ICA for processing. While waiting for the PR application to be approved, the gal will be given a long term social visit pass which is first valid of 6 months ie. she must apply for extension at the ICA every 6 months. Subsequently, the LTSVP will be valid for 1 year subject to ICA's approval.

The time taken for PR to be approved varies. But basically if her hubby is well educated ie. degree holder, holds a good job with good pay, her PR application will be viewed favourably by the ICA. Other wise she may have to wait for more than 3 years to get her PR.

To get a job in Spore, she will have to apply for either a work permit, Employment Pass or S Pass depending on her educational qualifications.

Above writeup is the correct steps....:) Thumbs up

<<<SUCHINDA>>>
03-01-2008, 06:42 AM
TS mentioned that the China Gal is coming her on a social visit pass. Now, there are only 2 reasons why a China Gal would want to come here on a social visit pass:

1) Holiday
2) Work as a FL

3) Look for a husband (aka hook a Golden Turtle) :D

Striker79
03-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Just look at the number of samsters here disappointed wif SG gals, not to mention non-samster SGPean!!!

If at that point of time Sg gals or Overseas ladies come into their lives Of cos it is nature that they will fall in love with them...

Straight to the point bro ! :)

I am not getting any younger, and truely had been disappointed with SG gals.

Striker79
03-01-2008, 11:28 AM

For point 1, i understand is very difficult to approve. and scary since you mentioned that if reject, 4ever cannot come sg.

For pt 2, is this wat we call "guarantor" ? I tot the deposit is 5k ?

For pt 3, too ex eh ?

I am not well educated... ITE nia, average job with average pay, may soon have police record, guess the application will take years ???

Cos if she can get PR, can find a decent job in sg.

Thanks for your valuable info. Was zapped 6 times by a clone criticising me... :(

Striker79
03-01-2008, 11:31 AM
The following additional documents are required for the type of application indicated below:

B) Social Visit (visiting friends, relatives and for tourism)

Local contact's Singapore identity card (original & photocopy);
1 copy (original) of duly completed and signed Form V39A ;
A letter from the applicant’s employer granting leave of absence and stating how long the applicant has been employed, his/her designation and salary if he/she is employed; or
A copy of the household booklet if he/she is a PRC national and is unemployed.

Wat is a household booklet ??

teebs_darklord
03-01-2008, 12:09 PM
The following additional documents are required for the type of application indicated below:

B) Social Visit (visiting friends, relatives and for tourism)

Local contact's Singapore identity card (original & photocopy);
1 copy (original) of duly completed and signed Form V39A ;
A letter from the applicant’s employer granting leave of absence and stating how long the applicant has been employed, his/her designation and salary if he/she is employed; or
A copy of the household booklet if he/she is a PRC national and is unemployed.

Wat is a household booklet ??

The Household booklet is also known as the Certificate of Household Registration (户口簿). This booklet basically contains several pages that record the details of the various members in the household and their sexes, age, marital status etc.

The local police station also maintains a register of each family in the neighbourhood and this contains information duplicated from the household booklet as well as some additional information that the police may require from time to time.

Changes in household composition through marriage, births or deaths must be reported to the police station with the appropriate changes made to the respective household booklet and in the police station register.

The information in the household booklet is used in a variety of ways - to register a child for school, to collect rations etc.

Hope this answers your question.

:D

teebs_darklord
03-01-2008, 12:17 PM
For point 1, i understand is very difficult to approve. and scary since you mentioned that if reject, 4ever cannot come sg.

For pt 2, is this wat we call "guarantor" ? I tot the deposit is 5k ?

For pt 3, too ex eh ?

I am not well educated... ITE nia, average job with average pay, may soon have police record, guess the application will take years ???

Cos if she can get PR, can find a decent job in sg.

Thanks for your valuable info. Was zapped 6 times by a clone criticising me... :(

1) Usually if they apply through travel agent or freelance agent in china, chances of them getting the VISA is very high. Unless they have been caught in Spore for Vice related activities or overstayed previously, they have a close to 100% success rate.

2) Yes, it is the guarantor. Deposit has now been reduced to 1K now. Seems Spore government wants to attract more China tourists here.

3) Gals would usually prefer to pay more in order to get the VISA to Spore.

4) One of my friends is also like you with low educational qualifications (O levels only, salary 1K+). He went to China for matchmaking and married a gal from Hainan. However after 5 years and having 2 daughters, his wife is still unable to get her PR. She is still on a LTSVP right now.

Another of my friends with degree and working as a manager, pay 5K+, married a China gal and his wife got her PR approved within 6 months.

So I guess this answers your question...

seiko_guy
06-01-2008, 03:25 AM

like you said, the wife gave birth to a daughter of a citizen. so LL muz gif PR..

cant expect the mother to be on LTSVP while the dad and daughter are citizens.. rite?

seiko_guy
06-01-2008, 03:29 AM

bro, diff already.. i know of someone who married a PRC. well to do, educated, stable income, knows the correct pple in the govt.. but still, PR application rejected and issued LTSVP for the wife.

you pop by level 4 of ICA, you will understand why sg govt is imposing such a kind of ruling on PRC wives..

Striker79
06-01-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks to Bro SkyStone and Heart Break Kid for your pts :)

84gunner
06-01-2008, 03:52 PM
bro, diff already.. i know of someone who married a PRC. well to do, educated, stable income, knows the correct pple in the govt.. but still, PR application rejected and issued LTSVP for the wife.

you pop by level 4 of ICA, you will understand why sg govt is imposing such a kind of ruling on PRC wives..

Reject some more applications, more of these husbands piss off, pack their backs go PRC, 2gether with wife / family, u see SG Govt scared anot? Low birth-rate, low population growth = lesser people paying tax. Military oso lesser manpower.

On the 1 hand, SG Govt keep complaining low-birth rate. Now these PRC women bear children for SG men, they still make things / life difficult for these pple / families. Issuing PRs oso increase SG's population, not to mention bearing children, which many SG women dowan, cos they wanna enjoy life, more freedom, career, etc etc.

colins
06-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Bro striker79, you havent mention the education level of the PRC lady (or did I miss it?). I mean, if you reckon your record will pose negative effect to her application as PR, get her to come here on working permit first.

The requirement will be minimum diploma from a (MOE) recognised tertiary institution in China to qualify for S Pass. You can enrol her into one of the better work and study schemes, which enable her to come on work permit (and not student pass). Alternatively, apply for her an EPC (Employment Pass Certificate) and she can come to singapore to look for work, once she find a job, ICA will auto give her the work permit. After 2 to 3 years, she should be able to get eligibility to apply for PR. However, your ROM will need approval from MOM if she is/was a work permit holder, but that is small trouble compared to the rest.

toss
07-01-2008, 09:06 AM
When your friend's daughter is older, does he intend to tell her that mummy is a prostitute? :confused:

Will he mind if his daughter enters the same profession in later life?:rolleyes:

sorry to disappoint you boss, she is not a whore and my friend know her in malaysia. i'm pretty sure she do fuck with other guys before my friend, but she dont sell her cunt through cash or any monetary terms, so i dont think can call her a whore. ;)

colins
07-01-2008, 12:43 PM
i think we seriously need a definition for ladies who are as decent as any other ladies despite the fact that most of their fellow countrywomen are selling themselves over here. So many bros have been trying to explain the same thing.

Maybe I'm pushing the envelope, some bros here dun even believe they exist. But if they do, must we go straight out and call them whores? I mean, am I stupid if I was in the monolingual stream?