PDA

View Full Version : Thai language help

everywhere
29-12-2007, 08:13 PM
bros, i need some help with thai language. i'm trying to converse some words with my thai lady friend, but she doesn't understand. those thai-english dictionary website is useless also, and i know alot of you bros here are conversant in thai so please help me. i need the following phrase:

-when i go thailand, will you bring me around?
-you are very beautiful

also, what does tirak mean? i am tempted to call my thai girl tirak, in my head i think it means something like darling, but i scared later it means something like 'kept mistress' or what, then i jialat liao. later she think i'm telling her that i wanna 'bao' her.

Bull05
29-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Bro, there is already a couple of threads on Thai language in the The Legal Geylang (prostitute) Scene.

Minah_456
29-12-2007, 10:47 PM
bros, i need some help with thai language. i'm trying to converse some words with my thai lady friend, but she doesn't understand. those thai-english dictionary website is useless also, and i know alot of you bros here are conversant in thai so please help me. i need the following phrase:

-you are very beautiful

also, what does tirak mean? i am tempted to call my thai girl tirak, in my head i think it means something like darling, but i scared later it means something like 'kept mistress' or what, then i jialat liao. later she think i'm telling her that i wanna 'bao' her.

tirak should be tiruk mean darling ruk mean love....phom ruk khon mean i love you.....

<<<SUCHINDA>>>
29-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Check out the two threads below.....dun suka suka open thread anyhow to ask one question :p

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/legal-geylang-prostitute-scene/17336-thai-language-class.html

http://www.sammyboyforum.com/legal-geylang-prostitute-scene/71009-thai-langauge-kindergarten-class.html

everywhere
30-12-2007, 12:15 AM
okay i know the 2nd phrase is common, but i don't think anybody mentioned the first phrase before? anyway it's too troublesome to browse through 100s of pages just to find one phrase right? it's very easy for bros who know thai.. to spend less than 1 minute to make a simple reply. as opposed to me spending hours looking inside 100s of pages.

anyway thanks for the links. i'm browsing through them slowly, it's quite helpful.

<<<SUCHINDA>>>
30-12-2007, 12:24 AM
okay i know the 2nd phrase is common, but i don't think anybody mentioned the first phrase before? anyway it's too troublesome to browse through 100s of pages just to find one phrase right? it's very easy for bros who know thai.. to spend less than 1 minute to make a simple reply. as opposed to me spending hours looking inside 100s of pages.

anyway thanks for the links. i'm browsing through them slowly, it's quite helpful.
dun expect to be spoonfed......even if want to take the easy way out then repost in either of the 2 threads or both threads if you are kiasu......every samster got a question to ask about a Thai word also open a new thread then can you imagine what will happen? threads will be all over the shop :rolleyes:

RTplayer
30-12-2007, 04:42 AM
Only you are allowed to start threads, only you can be spoonfed.

dun expect to be spoonfed......even if want to take the easy way out then repost in either of the 2 threads or both threads if you are kiasu......every samster got a question to ask about a Thai word also open a new thread then can you imagine what will happen? threads will be all over the shop :rolleyes:

eEconomist
30-12-2007, 10:01 PM
.......phom ruk khon mean i love you.....

Should be phom rak "ter" and not phom rak "khun".

"Khun" means you in a more formal way. So if we really love someone, we should use the word "ter", which is a more affectionate to mean "you".
:D:D

ToadHole
30-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Basically, can learn some basic ThAI LANGUAGE here.

Also want to tks Bro <<<SUCHINDA>>> for 2 link threads.

eEconomist
30-12-2007, 10:13 PM
-you are very beautiful

O-kart3 na4, phom2 pai Meuang thai, ter pai thaew4 gap3 phom2 dai4 mai2 khrap?
= Next time I go thailand, go play (travelling) with me can or not.

Ter suay2 mak4 mak4
= you are very pretty

1, 2, 3, 4, are the tones of Han Yu Pin Yin. No tone means flat tone where you pronounce like in English!

This wesite help you in pronunciation!
thai-language.com (http://thai-language.com)

Also, instead of "khrap" you can substitute for the word "Ja4", which is a more affectionate word for "khrap". Only use to close ones and kids.

OK to use the word teerak is you think she accepts you as a lover. But not appropriate to use teerak for normal friends!

Any question PM me.:p:p

everywhere
31-12-2007, 12:51 AM
whoa thanks eeconomist. you are damn pro.